AF Gets SMOKED 49-0?

Discussion in 'Freshmen Orientation' started by nellycuz, Jul 16, 2013.

1. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

Is this for real RRAHx2 or did USF have to play CPU? I mean what's the dealio? You're better than that!

C'MON MAN

2. nellycuz

To go along with this thread though I do have a question for GDip , and others can shed some of their opinions:

But in games like this, whether it's CPU or Human do we run up the score this much? I ask the question because in Madden it's frowned upon but in college I know the better teams usually do this and will put up a score like this so it's not uncommon at all. I'm just asking as a league, what's our stance on this?

NOt a knock on USF at all, like I said we see scores like this every week IRL, just asking...

3. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

Man, my team couldn't do shit + We couldn't stop shit = BLOWOUT

The base 4-2-5 PB is turrible at stopping the run.. especially when you have a shitty team. So basically it was the perfect storm for my team lol..

4. GDip

GDip Walk On

I'm not a fan of running up the score, but that doesn't mean punt it when you can kick a 40 yard FG. As always, just be mindful of what plays you're calling with a big lead. Also, make sure to put in backups if it gets to be wayyy out of hand.

5. nellycuz

sounds good partner thanks

I hear ya man...Take a look at the Multiple D playbook. Not sure if you have the personel for 3-4 D but they have that, 4-4, 5-2, 4-6, nikcel 4-2-5 , 3-3-5, 1-5-5 and Dime, Quarter, Dollar. Something might work in there for you

6. Dase or Days

Dase or Days Walk On

I want to make one thing very clear an that is I did not try and run the score up! I was up 21-0 at half time. I threw three TD passes in the 3rd quarter. The first two cam within the first two minutes of that quarter. Both of them were just simple curl routes. No more then 7-8 yards and just looking to convert a 3rd down. Due to my effective running game, I saw nothing but man to man coverage. So one miss tackle and I was able to take it in for a TD. On the third TD pass(screen pass). I was on the falcons four yard line and should have just ran the football. I tried to sub out all my starters my last drive in the 3rd quarter. My start button was not working. I did sub them all out to start the 4th quarter. I did not attempt a pass all quarter and did not run any option plays.

• Like Like x 1
  7. GDip

GDip Walk On

no worries man. nobody was accusing you of it. Coming from Madden though nellycuz just wanted to clarify our league rules. In madden running up the score is pretty strict so he was just curious. You're all good.

8. RRAHx2

Yeah I don't think USF did anything to purposely run up the score.. was just a much better team. My D-line was getting smacked around.

9. Jonathan Applegate

Jonathan Applegate Walk On

damn i was all excited about trying out the 4-2-5...my lb's can't handle a 3-4, especially in coverage

10. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

You have to have some good safeties as well to run that playbook to help contain the outside run. I thought about using it as well.

11. RRAHx2

Yeah I have turrible D-Line and mediocre safeties.. so not a good mix. But with some recruiting I might be changing that.

12. Aspect1

Aspect1 Walk On

In my game today the cpu subbed out my starters automatically when the game was out of hand. I found out I have some decent backups.

13. nellycuz

like Gdip said man no accusations on this end. More or less clarifying the rule and talkin a little smack to RRAHx2 :)

14. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

Did he just quit? Was checking the dynasty on the computer and noticed we are down one owner.

15. RRAHx2

Yeah I noticed it said he left the league last night.. but IDK why or anything??

16. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

Not a good look for trying to get into any leagues in the future.

17. GDip

GDip Walk On

I have to assume he's out. I messaged him twice since last night with no reply, despite him getting on the site multiple times in that span. Too bad, I thought he was a good addition