AFC Championship: Chargers (17) @ Colts (24)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mustang20241, Jan 20, 2010.

1. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

AFC Championship: Chargers (17) @ Colts (24)

Great game to Maij. He held Manning in complete check and put on a nice performance of his own on with Rivers. Pretty much a slow game with the Colts scoring a TD on their opening drive. Manning was injured on a 2nd down play and the Colts coverted a 3rd and 20 on a screen to Ginn to keep the drive alive.

Colts went into half with a 10-0 lead. Chargers drove hard and fast on their 2nd half opening drive but managed only to get a FG. The chargers then held the Colts to a 3 and out and Rivers completed a pass to gates for 50+ yards. From there the chargers scored on a pass from 17 yds out to Chambers over the middle to burn the cover 2. The Colts then were faced with a third down and long and with single coverage on Clark deep down the seam Manning fired and Clark caught a 53 Yd TD pass.

The Colts had an opportunity to run the clock if they converted on a 3rd and 19 with 2:50 to go. A perfect pass went right through the hands of Pierre Garcon on a deep out route at the first down marker. The Chargers led an epic drive and scored a TD on a 6 yd pass to Gates with 39 seconds left.

The mistake of the game was when the Chargers decided to kick to Teddy Ginn who took it to the house after hitting a hole and stiff arming a defender for a 107 yd kick off return, his 4th of the season. If there is ever a man who can take over when Manning is having an off game (missed 4-5 open receivers on the afternoon), its TGJ. The combination of these two players has really made them a potent offense and puts the word special into special teams.

Colts will now move on to play the Vikings in the superbowl, which could replicate a real time event, if the Vikes and Colts win on Sunday.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Colts:
    Manning - 13/28 - 181 Yds - 2 Td - 2 Int
    Ginn - 6 Rec - 73 Yds - 1 Kick return Td
    Clark - 4 Rec - 91 Yds - 2 Td
    Brackett - 6 Tackles, 2 Int
    Mathis - 4 Tackles, 3 Sacks, FF

Chargers:
    Rivers - 26/36 - 352 - 2 Td - 2 Int
    Gates - 4 Rec - 81 Yds - 1 Td
    Chambers - 4 Rec - 59 Yds - 1 Td
    Cribbs - 7 Rec - 94 Yds

2. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

yea that pass to clark and ginn killed me, misjudged my jump with Ellison and that final kick was rough, kick it to ginn or give manning a short field

3. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

agreed lol, your an aggressive hitter, you go for the hit stick when it looks good, but your timing is nearly impecable. Same for me. I like to take the massive hit or sure hit stick when I have it. Take that 3rd and inches for example when i was up 17-10 and you full fledge took the safety and drilled my RB a yard shy of the first. Nice play. I tried to take advantage of your aggressiveness but your pretty good with your timing.

Manning short field with 2 timeouts and 39 seconds? Or kick to the burner Ginn. Ginn didnt do much from screens, KR's or PR's all game so I cant disagree but the fact that Manning played like garbage all game (my decision making also) made me want you to kick to Ginn b/c I dont think I could of gained 45 yds through the air to get into FG range. Also the Clark catch was crazy, I saw it was 1v1 but you switched and I thought u had the pick but kind of like a glitch play. I do not take credit for that one.

Honestly I think I should of lost the way I played after halftime. Great game.