AFC Contenders thru Week 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bluebean, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

AFC Contenders thru Week 6

Welcome to this Brand New Edition of AFC Playoff Contenders for the 1st Quarter of OMFL Season 4 and our very first season of Madden 11. In this segment, I will break down the AFC by playoff seedings as if the playoffs started today and give a little opinion on how each team is doing and what may lie ahead down the road. I hope everyone will enjoy this little content as I break it down Bluebean Style.

[​IMG]

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Seed Team Owner Record Comment
    1. Jacksonville Jaguars Dunlap 7-0 Dunlap is doing one of his best coaching jobs thus far with a little less talent than he has had in the past in Jacksonville. This guy just knows how to win and he hopes to repeat as the OMFL AFC Champion. The big question will be if David Garrard can improve on his 31st ranked passing game to compliment MJD who is 3rd in the OMFL in rushing.
    2. New England Patriots Gaddy 4-1 Gaddy looks to be headed for his 4th playoff appearance in 4 tries in the OMFL. Can he hold off the heavier competition he is facing this season in the AFC East? Expect Gaddy to keep scoring points with Brady, Welker, and Moss.
    3. Cincinnati Bengals DJDunn 4-1 Not a complete surprise here since Dunn played very well with the Texans in the toughest division in the OMFL last season. Carson Palmer is 4th in the league in passing and Benson is having a nice steady season. Can the Bengals hold off the tough Browns and then beat the big boys in the playoffs?
    4. Kansas City Chiefs Bluebean 3-3 The Chiefs have creeped into the playoff picture in the "mediocre at best" AFC West after a tough 1-2 start. Bluebean has seen the playoffs in 2 of 3 seasons so far with the Bills and Rams. Will he be able to improve his passing game and defense to hold off the other 3 OMFL veterans in the West is yet to be seen.
    5. Cleveland Browns GaBeastMode 5-1 The Beast has done a fantastic job with an undermanned Browns squad and has them at the top of the OMFL standings. The battle of Ohio is going to determine the AFC North and we'll see how far Jerome Harrison can carry the load.
    6. New York Jets Scikotic 4-2 After an 0-2 start, the Jets have stormed back with 4 consecutive wins and find themselves knocking on the door in the AFC East. Scikotic has done a nice job with Shonn Greene at RB hopes to hold off a ton of wild card contenders if the division doesn't go his way.
    7. Houston Texans Moogle 3-3 The Texans are trying to hang in there without Andre Johnson for almost the remainder of the regular season. Moogle has been playoff caliber in the past but not sure if he can do it with his brutal schedule the rest of the way.
    8. San Diego Chargers Sammy 3-3 This team seems to be improving after a slow start at 0-2 and should be competing for a division title with the Chiefs, Broncos, and Raiders all season long. Can Sammy ride Ryan Matthews and Antonio Gates to a division title?
    9. Denver Broncos Winuvas 3-3 The Broncos are all up in this division race going on in the AFC West. Coach Win must be happy to be playing for something more than just pride at this point of the season. Can Knowshon Moreno get it going to give the Broncos a shot?
    10. Miami Dolphins Mustang 2-3 The Dolphins have 3 tough losses to the Patriots, Jets, and Packers. Mustang hopes to recapture some magic which landed him in the Super Bowl with the Colts back in Season 1.

11. Buffalo Bills Steven 2-3 Can he slay some more Giants?
    12. Pittsburgh Steelers Jethro 2-3 Lost some close games early in the season
    13. Oakland Raiders Savaunte 2-4 Very much alive in the West
    14. Tennessee Titans Big Ox 2-4 Ox has the ability
    15. Baltimore Ravens Weblink 1-5 What happened after the Jets win?
    16. Indianapolis Colts Jeremy 1-5 New sheriff in town

*Added the result of the Jaguars-Chiefs game. AFC West, don't feel offended by me putting myself in 1st place. I was 3-2 when I made the write up and then edited last minute. 3 of us at 3-3 in the AFC West.

2. Bluebean

NFC PLAYOFF CONTENDERS

[​IMG]

1. [​IMG] Bruce 6-0 This has been the ultimate in terms of taking a bad team and turning them into an OMFL Championship Contender. Bruce has rolled over some relatively soft competition and should measure up well against the 49ers twice and the Saints later on in the season.
    2. [​IMG] Calibucc 5-1 The Bears have been solid this season behind the arrival of Calibucc in Chicago. He looks like a definite contender for the NFC Crown with his only loss coming to a tough Panther team.
    3. [​IMG] Nate 5-1 The Saints were cruising along where they left off last season before a crucial injury to Drew Brees. Nate should still have the ability to keep this team in playoff contention and then look out if Brees is healthy in the playoffs.
    4. [​IMG] SaintsDave 4-2 The Giants have a new owner in town with Dave. Do the Giants have the talent to fit a style that Dave can win some games? I think he just might be able to catch enough breaks to keep them in the hunt in the NFC East.
    5. [​IMG] Dritsch 4-2 The only thing beating the 49ers this season is simulations. Dritsch just needs to show up and everything will be fine in San Francisco. Tough defense, efficient offense, and the best wildcard team in the OMFL if he can't catch the Rams this season.
    6. [​IMG] Wajo 3-2 A simmed loss to the Vikings really hurt this past week but the Cowboys have plenty of talent and a talented owner to make some noise in the NFC East and possibly win that division this season.
    7. [​IMG] Claven 3-2 Coach Claven has the Panthers roaring this season and needs a win streak to solidify his playoff contention. He's already beaten a very good Bears team and just might make a run at it this season.

8. Green Bay Packers HulkHagen 3-3 Who knows what's happening with this team?
    9. Philadelphia Eagles Vishal 3-3 Can the reigning champs put it together?
    10. Detroit Lions NDColts 2-4 New owner in town
    11. Atlanta Falcons Sanano 2-4 New owner in town Part 2
    12. Minnesota Vikings Frisk 1-4 New owner in town Part 3
    13. Tampa Bay Bucs Pittrocks 1-4 Bucs were alot better last season
    14. Arizona Cardinals ? 1-4 New owner coming
    15. Seattle Seahawks Bates 0-5 Needs to call Bjoern Mason
    16. Washington Redskins BamaGrad 0-6 At least the Crimson Tide are rolling!

3. Bluebean

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Don't worry, Blue. I'm not offended. I'll be in that lower box you have for the other teams before very long.

Pretenders in Denver. Don't take us seriously. :)

5. StevenRhysCann

StevenRhysCann Arizona Cardinals

Nice work Bluebean.