AFC Midseason Contenders

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bluebean, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

Oct 8, 2009
    AFC Midseason Contenders

This is Part 2/2 of Bluebean's Midseason Contenders and this week we'll discuss the OMFL AFC. There are plenty of strong teams in this conference and you never know who will come out on top in the postseason. You can throw out regular season records and seedings when it comes to playoff time in the AFC because everyone at the top is just so evenly matched. With that in mind, the AFC has found the New England Patriots (7-0) and the Oakland Raiders (6-1) currently positioning themselves for that all important first round bye if the playoffs would start today. The Colts (5-2) and the Jaguars (5-2) still have high intentions of challenging for the AFC South crown and hopefully a little more. Here is how the AFC looks.

Division Leaders:

1. New England Patriots (7-0).. Coach Gaddy is hitting on all cylinders during the regular season as usual. The Pats have already swept the tough NFC East and may be headed for a perfect season if they can get by the Dolphins and Raiders in Weeks 12 and 13. Gaddy is eyeing one thing this season, the OMFL Lombardi Trophy.

2. Oakland Raiders (6-1).. Joseph is making another impressive showing and has proved that last years run to the AFC Champioship game was no fluke. An early season loss to the Dolphins and a couple of narrow margin wins over the Packers and Steelers made me wonder; but the Raiders are now rolling with consecutive blowouts by 28 and 26 points over the Vikes and Broncos.

3. Indianapolis Colts (5-2).. Mustang is looking to compete for another AFC Championship like the one he earned in OMFL Season 1. The second half schedule looks very friendly for the Colts as I have them favored in all 9 of their remaining games. We'll see what the Colts can accomplish in this years playoffs.

4. Cincinatti Bengals (3-4).. Scikotic hopes to win the AFC North with the whole division getting off to a slow start here in Season 3. Scikotic was very competitive with the Buffalo Bills earlier this season and it should carry over to his new team. The Bengals will get to know BobJr's Browns very well over the next couple weeks but also have the Colts, Jaguars, and Cardinals waiting in this 5 week stretch.

Wildcard Contenders:

5. Jacksonville Jaguars (5-2).. Dunlap is playing well as usual and has only dropped two tough games to the Texans and Colts. Can the Jaguars defense step their game up a little bit to complement the dangerous offense of Drew Brees, Steve Smith, and Maurice Jones-Drew? If so, look out! I see the Jaguars finishing the year strong and going 12-4.

6. Houston Texans (5-3).. DJDunn has definitely been a surprise this season in the OMFL and has the Texans off to a nice start. The Texans have Felix Jones and Andre Johnson in the top 10 at their respective positions in yards. DJ has some very winnable games on the rest of his schedule and we'll see if he can keep it going. Week 17 vs. the Jaguars is going to determine something important in the AFC Playoff Picture.

7. San Diego Chargers (4-3).. I think SammyMitchell is taking over this Chargers team. Maij was a competitor but seemed to lose a little interest at the end of his ownership. The Chargers could be out of contention very quickly with the Texans, Patriots, Chiefs, and Raiders over the next 4 weeks.

8. Kansas City Chiefs (4-3).. TankWillis has got the Chiefs back on track with two consecutive close wins over the Chargers and Bengals. The coach must be riding his son, HB Tank Lockwood, to these victories. Tank can definitely prove something with a win over the Colts this week or he'll be clawing his way back the rest of the season if he falls to .500.

9. Denver Broncos (4-4).. Broncos are still very well alive and we'll see what the new owner can bring to the table.

Rest of the AFC:

10. Miami Dolphins (4-5).. TRude is truly a solid player but hasn't gotten off to the start that he would have liked this season. Expect TRude to show us something in Madden 11. The second half schedule for the Dolphins is probably too treacherous to withstand including games against the Patriots, Cowboys, Colts, and Eagles.

11. Buffalo Bills (3-4).. Bills brought in an experienced TF owner (Bruce80) and we'll see if he can put together a win streak to get the Bills back in this race.

12. Tennesee Titans (3-4).. BigOx has had a dissappointing Season 3 so far after looking fantastic last season on his way to an AFC South Championship.

13. Baltimore Ravens (4-5).. Web started great at 2-0 but just fell apart after that. The Ravens are actually in a dead heat with the Bengals and are very capable of winning this division. Can Web find some offense to go along with that strong defense?

14. Pittsburgh Steelers (2-5).. Savaunte's close losses to the Rams, Raiders, and Jaguars have been the difference between a winning record and 2-5. With the Steelers only 1 game behind the Bengals, they have an important game with the Raven's this week but their overall schedule just may be too tough to overcome.

15. Cleveland Browns (1-6).. Bob Jr. takes over a struggling Browns ball club and hopes to turn things around quickly. Even at 1-6, the Browns are not dead in the AFC North by any means, just 2 games back!

16. New York Jets (0-8).. SD is still looking for his first win of the season but has been nothing but a fantastic owner in this league. If SD can develop a few things in his repetoire then he might be competitve with a strong Jets team in Madden 11.
  2. joseph201105

joseph201105 OMFL- Oakland Raiders

Jan 2, 2010
    Very Very good stuff
  3. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

Oct 12, 2009
    Great write-up, you're right, If I was 4-4 with that stacked Broncos team, I see 1-3, 2-2 at best in the next four
  4. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Jul 29, 2009
    great write up man. keep these coming...
  5. Big D

Big D Walk On

Oct 8, 2009
    Awesome stuff man. Love it. I dont think I should be that high on your list. I doubt if I"ll even beat the playoffs.