AFC North Mid-Season Review

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by bjbdahitman, Jan 1, 2013.

1. bjbdahitman

bjbdahitman Andy Reid to KC... Finally a real coach...

[​IMG]
    AFC North Stadings:​
    Pittsburg Steelers 6-2
    Cleveland Browns 3-3
    Cincinnatti Bengals 3-4
    Baltimore Ravens 1-6
    Pittsburg Steelers: The Steelers are by far the team of the AFC North. Ben Roethllisburger has already thrown for 1,657 yards the season at the mid point. Mike Wallace has been a large part in his success. Wallace has 41 catches on the year for 803 yards. He's averaging over 200 yards per game. Their defense leads the league in turnovers, and already has 23 INT's and 10 FR's on the season so far. They are on the fast track to being a favorite to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.
    MVP: Mike Wallace (averaging 200 yards per game with 41 receptions)
    Cleveland Browns: The Brown's have recently made a coaching change, and with a 3-3 record, they control their own fate at this point. They have a tough schedule for the rest of the season. Second year QB Brandon Weeden is having an awsome sophmore campaign. He has a rating over 100, and has thrown for 1,407 yards. Trent Richardson is looking like a top 5 pick this year as he has 784 yards and 9 touchdowns. He's averaging 130 yards per game. If they have any chance of grabbing a playoff spot, their defense will have to pick things up quickly. With a new coach, and alot of unproven players, I don't see them making the playoffs.
    MVP:Trent Richardson (averaging 130 yards per game)
    Cincinnatti Bengals: The Bengals are also right in the middle of the AFC. Andy Dalton is putting together a nice season with 1,980 yards and 13 touchdowns. If he can learn to value the football, and quit turning it over, he could lead the Bengals back to the playoffs. Bernard Scott is leading the team in rushing yards with 521, and averaging just over 100 yards per game. A.J. Green and Jermaine Gresham are both Dalton's favorite targets with both of them having over 30 catches on the season. Green has 668 yeards on the season and Gresham 515. Their defense has given up the 5th most points in the league up to this point. If a playoff spot is to be had here, their defense will have to stop giving up so many points.
    MVP: Taylor Mays (leads team in tackles and INTs)
    Baltimore Ravens: The Ravens have had better seasons. They are towards the bottom half of the league in most categories. Joe Flacco is having a bad year throwing 18 INT's and only 6 touchdowns. Ray Rice is averaging over 4 yards per carry, but they are playing from behind so much he doesn't get the carries needed. However, he also leads the team in receptions. Their defense is giving up alot of points to opposing teams, and no getting very many turnovers. Suggs leads the team in sacks with 7. This team is looking to build through the offseason, and hopefully get back to the top of the AFC North.
    MVP: Ray Rice (leads team in rushing and receptions)
    @TheRealHalupka
    @DU55
    @Troy J.
    Just something I threw together... Hope all enjoy...

• Like Like x 4
  2. DU55

DU55 Walk On

Great write up, I enjoyed it. The Bengals have had a wacky season thus far with 2-3 games being sim losses. The Bengals are gonna do their best to climb outta the hole they have found themselves in.

I laughed a bit at your honesty when you said te Browns probably won't make the playoffs. I think you are in a great spot to make it but I respect a person who doesn't necessarily have to toot their own horn.

Glad to have you in the AFC North!

• Like Like x 1
  3. brizz98

brizz98 Walk On

In the league for two days and already pumping out content. You gotta like this guy. Nice work cousin.