AFC Playoff Picture (Week 14)

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by Mogriffjr, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    FIRST TWO SEEDS
    OAKLAND RAIDERS (11-1)
    MIAMI DOLPHINS (10-2)

---The Raiders have displayed dominance through their first 12 games due to a very strong running game. Led by a two headed monster of Darren McFadden and Joe McKnight, the Raiders have an almost doubled their opponents point output. They are 50 points higher than the next best scoring team in the AFC which points to how potent they are on offense but it speaks to how well their defense has been this year. They hold the cards to the #1 seed and having the AFC come through the black hole to get to the super bowl this year.

The Dolphins have the #2 seed all but wrapped up unless something crazy happens but they would like to grab the #1 seed themselves. We see them slotting in here with relative ease. Much like the Raiders, the Fins have a strong rushing attack and defense which has propelled them to the this spot in the season.

OTHER DIVISION WINNERS
    BENGALS (8-5)
    JAGUARS (6-6)

---The Bengals are in the drivers seat, holding a 1 and a half game lead over the Brownies, who are trying hard to grab the division from them. In their last game, they went over 4000 yards in the season already, setting them up for a possible 5000 yard season through the air. As one of the more potent air attacks in the league goes, they will only go as far as Andy Dalton takes them.

In the "nobody wants to win it" division also known as the AFC SOUTH, the Jags hold a one game lead over the Texans for the lone spot coming from that division. The Jags are really doing it with smoke and mirrors it seems, with a big time QB situation looming on the horizon and being outscored by 43 points on the season. The aformentioned Texans are hot on their heels sort of and it will be interesting to see how this shakes out. The Jags and Texans meet in Week 14 in what could be a big time factor in who wins this division. Outside of that the Jags have a slight disadvantage on their schedule as they have a key playoff type game with the Bills while the Texans have 3 non-playoff teams remaining on their schedule.

LAST TWO IN
    CHIEFS (9-3)
    BILLS (7-5)

---The Chiefs are a victim of playing in a division with the best team in their conference but don't mistake them, this Chiefs team is really good. Again led by a strong rushing attack led by Jamaal Charles and Knile Davis, the Chiefs have outscored their opponents by 169 points. Unfortunately for them, they are pretty much slated into the 5th seed here but are very close to locking up a playoff spot.

The Bills meanwhile have an edge over the Jets and Patriots in their division, which happen to be the two teams closest to taking the wild card spot from them. The schedule is tough from here on out though. Aside from playing the 4-8 Bucs, they play the Jags, who are fighting for a playoff spot, the Dolphins, the leaders of the AFC East division and then a Week 17 showdown with the Patriots, a game that MAY decide who gets the 6th seed in the playoffs.

OUTSIDE LOOKING IN
    JETS (7-5)
    PATRIOTS (7-5)
    BROWNS (6-6)
    TEXANS (5-7)

---The Jets need some help and need to help their own cause. They need to get a game over the Bills having lost both games to them. They also somehow need to likely beat both Dolphins and Raiders (the top two seeds in the AFC) or possibly one or the other BUT also not lose against the Panthers and Browns, who also happen to be playoff contenders as well.

The Patriots are actually in a solid position, having left to play the Bills in their final game which could be a big time matchup. Between then and now are 3 games including Browns, Ravens and Dolphins. The Pats are in a favorable spot as they really control their destiny if they can knock off two teams they are fighting for that last spot for in the Bills and Browns.

The Browns have some work to do but they do have games against the two teams ahead of them in the Jets and Patriots. But their breaks will likely come against a 4-8 Bears team and their final game, in the Steelers who are sitting 5-7. The Browns also has an outside shot of the division but would need some speed bumps to slow down the Bengals but they do have a few ways of getting into the playoffs.

The Texans have a ways to go sitting at 5-7 but actually has a better shot at the division title than the wild card. Their wild card chances are tougher being behind two games of the 6th seed but they are only one game behind the Jags. The aformentioned week 14 matchup is huge between them and the Jags. Their schedule is actually very favorable with the Titans, Colts and Broncos left on their schedule, with the Colts and Titans being two of the worst teams in the AFC left.

• Like Like x 5
  2. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

I'm runnin the table and gettin in at 8-8

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLZ

• Like Like x 1
  3. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Titans are looking forward to next season. This year was a mess with a very young team.

4. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Well, I won again, but after actually looking this time, I should have just lost.

Shit, wouldnt want to be in the AFC East though, ouch.

5. charter04

charter04 Walk On

If Madden uses the same rules and tie breakers as the NFL then no matter what happens with the Bills and Patriots in Week 16 they will still be playing for the playoffs in week 17 if the Jets don't win out. If I win in week 16 and he loses then I will be 9-6 and he will be 8-7. If he wins we will both be 9-7 with a split in head to head. The second tie breaker is division record. I'm 2-3 he would be 2-3. If he won week 17 he would be 3-3 to my 2-4. He would win the tie breaker.

If he wins week 16 and I lose it's still going to be who ever wins that game wins the wildcard.

So Bills v Patriots in week 17 is for the playoffs no matter what happens week 16.

This again is only if the Jets don't win out.

• Like Like x 1
  6. charter04

charter04 Walk On

If either the Patriots or Bills win out their in even if the Jets win out. The bills won the head to head against the Jets so with the same record they would be in. The Jets and patriots split but, the Patriots would be 3-3 in the division to the Jets 2-4.

That's if Madden actually uses the right tie breakers.

The next two weeks for the AFC East are going to be big.

7. Butcher Black

Butcher Black Walk On

"I plead the FIF" (Tron voice from Chappelle Show)

8. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

You gonna broadcast this. I'd watch.

9. Butcher Black

Butcher Black Walk On

Bills took an L from the Jags. They may already be eliminated

10. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Maybe. It would be good

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Madden gonna Madden, somehow with us having the same record i'm above you in standings...head to head maybe 1, but I bet two is point differ or some bs like that lol...

12. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I just looked a little bit ago and you where still last with 8-6. Maybe it didn't update it when you saw it. We'll see lol

13. Snozberriez8198

Snozberriez8198 10 Star Recruit

By my math and based on the tie breaker scenario...whoever wins the game in week 17 Bills Vs Pats will go to playoffs. If the Bills lose week 16 they will be 8-7 with 2 conference wins , and with the Pats pretty much having a free win against the Ravens should be 9-6. If Pats win vs Bills they go to playoffs by default. If bills win, the pats and bills would end with same record of 9-7 but the Bills would win tiebreaker at that point with 3 division wins.

14. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Lol that's what I've already said.

15. charter04

charter04 Walk On

The only way the jets make it is if they win out and if the bills go into week 17 with eight wins and beat the pats. Then the jets would have 10 wins to the pats and bills 9. If the pats or bills end up with 10 wins then their 10 will be above the jets 10 because of their division record

16. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Week 17

If the Jets win and NE loses then the Jets are in.

If NE wins they are in

If Buffalo wins and the Jets lose they are in

Pretty simple

• Like Like x 2