AFC Playoff Picture

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by HAL9100, Nov 2, 2011.

1. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    Divisional Leaders and Current Seeding:
    1. [​IMG] Patriots(12-3) - Clinched AFC East, 1st Round Bye - Magic Number: 1 for Home Field
    2. [​IMG] Steelers(12-3) - Clinched AFC North, 1st Round Bye
    3. [​IMG] Raiders(10-5) - Clinched Playoff Spot - Magic Number: 1 for division
    4. [​IMG] Titans(9-6) - Clinched Playoff Spot - Magic Number: 1 for division

Current Wildcard Leaders:
    5. [​IMG] Broncos(9-6) - Clinched Playoff Spot
    6. [​IMG] Chargers(8-7) - Magic Number: 1-ish

In The Hunt
    7. [​IMG] Jaguars(8-7)
    8. [​IMG] Ravens(7-7-1)
    9. [​IMG] Colts(7-8)

Week 17 AFC Games To Watch
    Colts @ Jaguars - The Jaguars need to win this final regular season game. If they don't, then they're done. However, the Jaguars have 2 ways to make the playoffs if they win. They'll need either the Titans or Chargers to lose. The Colts still have a chance to make the playoffs as well. If they win this game and the Chargers and Ravens lose, then they'll be in the playoffs.

Chargers @ Raiders - The Chargers are in a tough and odd spot here. While they'd make the playoffs as it stands right now, they don't actually control their destiny right now. First of all though, they MUST win this game. If they lose, they won't make the playoffs. The Raiders will be looking to clinch the AFC West with a win here.

Chiefs @ Broncos - Through tiebreakers, it appears as though the Broncos have clinched a playoff spot. However, they don't want to leave it up to tiebreakers. Also, they've got a shot at winning the AFC West so a win here could be big for them.

Ravens @ Bengals - The Ravens need help with the Jags and Chargers losing but they've both got tough games and it's definitely possible. However, that's all irrelevant if they don't win this game...which they should.

Titans @ Texans - An unexpectedly big game this week. The Titans were 8-1 at one point and have fallen apart. Now at 9-6, they've managed to clinch a playoff birth through tiebreakers. So why are we highlighting a game between a team that's already clinched a spot and a team that is eliminated? Because of the chaos that can ensue if the Titans lose yet again and fall to 9-7. If the Titans lose and the Jags win, then the Jags will actually win the AFC South. Which in turn, would bump the Titans down to a wildcard spot. And after that, it would knock the Chargers out of the playoffs. So the playoff hopes of 4 teams are involved in this game.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Big D

Big D Walk On

Lots of teams only 1 game out. Wow. This is going to be fun to watch!

3. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    Yep, it's going to be a tough fight for those last 2 spots.

4. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

That 55-7 shellacking I took playing the CPU Broncos is gonna come back to haunt me.

5. Big D

Big D Walk On

Who is the QB in Tennessee?

6. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

Matt Hasselbeck

7. Big D

Big D Walk On

I love Matthew in real life....but I have him on my OMFL Seahawks and I'm struggling mightily throwing the football with him. Lynch is #1 in the league in rushing yards, but Matthew can't throw anything more than 10 yards downfield with consistency. I'm 7-4 there and struggling.

8. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

your spoiled by Drew Brees

9. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    Updated to week 14.

10. Big D

Big D Walk On

Tiebreakers can be really crazy in Madden. You never really know who is going to win a tiebreak until the game decides it. Hopefully it doesnt come to that!

11. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    I've been looking at the NFL's tiebreaker rules and tried to do it according to that...though I've pretty much just been sorting teams by Conference Record for ties.

For the 6 seed though, I know individually the Broncos own the tiebreaker over the Chargers, the Chargers own it over the Jags, and the Broncos own it over the Jags. But that doesn't apply since it's a 3-way tie. The rules say to sort out the division 1st if possible and then match up the 2 teams from a different division. So, the Broncos get rid of the Chargers from the spot and then it's between Broncos and Jags for 6 and 7.

12. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

You just made my head hurt Hal. LOL.

13. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    Updated to Week 15. Lots of big games this week as the playoff race gets tighter. The Chiefs, Browns, and Dolphins all lose and fall to 5-8 so they're no longer in the hunt.

Lol, that's my specialty.

14. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

Go Pats!!!! CPU Orton needs to go down.

coachgaddy

15. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    Updated to Week 16.

16. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

HAL9100 We REALLY REALLY needed Gaddy to put a L on the Broncos. Do the Broncos now have an owner or is LM just reflecting a previous owner? They have the Bills (cpu) and Chiefs left. KcKilla Take care of business against the Broncos in Week 17! If they in fact do not have a user owner, PLEASE PLEASE make sure you get a sub. Orton is a surgeon on All-Madden CPU.

17. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    Eh, the Broncos winning might not have helped you but it didn't hurt you. I'm in a tough spot though now. For you and I to both be the wildcard teams, then I have to win out, you have win at least 1 game, and the Broncos have to lose out. I listed their magic number as 2 but I think if the Broncos win 1 of their final 2, then they'll clinch a playoff spot through tiebreakers.

18. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

Then you can count on the Broncos clinching against the Bills most likely.lol.

19. Big D

Big D Walk On

The Lions loss really hurt the Chargers. I'm interested to see the standings after this week.

20. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

I need some help now. I am sure the Bills will beat the Broncos. LOL. Or I need the Jags to lose. I don't even know anymore. Very disheartening loss.

21. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    If the Broncos win out, then I think you'll just need to win your final game against the Raiders to clinch a playoff spot. So you control your destiny as long as the Broncos win out.

22. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    There may be some hope that the Bills beat the Broncos. Not including your cpu game against the Broncos, the Broncos are just 2-4 on the road.

23. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

24. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    Updated for Week 17. Only 1 spot remains open with 4 teams alive for it. The Jets have risen to 7-8 but they won't be able to make the playoffs in any scenario. Big scenario brewing that could see the Chargers get potentially knocked out of the playoffs even if they beat the Raiders.

25. Big D

Big D Walk On

Nice stuff Hal. I'm really interested to see how this all plays out, and who's the champ when I come back!