AFC Playoff Preview/Team Capsules

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by JFace907, Apr 10, 2015.

1. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

1. Kansas City Chiefs (16-0)
    Regular Season: For the second straight year the Chiefs will be entering the playoffs unbeaten. Unlike last season, the Chiefs will have MVP frontrunner Rich Doughty under center when they start postseason play. Another change from last season was the emergence of Knile Davis as the full time running back after the Chiefs let Jamal Charles walk in the offseason. He rewarded the team by rushing for over 1300 yards and finding the endzone 15 times on the ground.

Player to Watch: The entire Chiefs defense. I just love to watch this defense work. They are fast, smart and can flat out ball. They confuse veteran quarterbacks making them look like the second coming of JaMarcus Russell. A stout front line, blood thirsty linebackers, and defensive backs that could find the ball if Nick Cage hid it in the next National Treasure movie.

Postseason Outlook: Super Bowl champs. Sorry folks. It’s a wrap. Thanks for showing up!

2. Cincinnati Bengals
    Regular Season
    : Oh where do we start with this Bengal squad. They have an elite offense that just does not stop scoring. Literally. I’m pretty sure Gio Bernard has rushed for about 3 more touchdowns since I’ve started writing this sentence. However, in an unfortunate turn of events, the TMFL commissioner has relieved the Bengals head coach of his duties citing “conduct detrimental to the overall league experience” so the Queen City Kitties are left coach-less until the offseason.

Player to Watch: Gio Bernard. I may have made a joke about the back from UNC, but this guy is solid. He’s fast, agile, and is known to lower his shoulder and pick up the extra yard or two when its needed. With over 30 rushing TDs this season, he has a nose for the endzone and any wise team would do their absolute best to make sure he doesn’t use that superpower against them.

Postseason Outlook: 1 and done. Sorry ‘Nati fans, but the team is in shambles since the letting go of their head coach.

3. Houston Texans (12-4)
    Regular Season: QB changes, the second best back in the conference and nearly two 1,000 yard receivers. This is a well oiled offensive machine, but has caught a little bit of the turnover bug here in the stretch run. Bailey has ended season with INT counts of 3, 1, 4 in the last three games. Houston fans are hopeful that like most bugs, this will jut get shaken off and the efficient, offensive juggernaut they know and love shows up for the “second season.”

Player to Watch: Mark Ingram. Just an absolute force to be reckoned with in the backfield. What is odd about Mark is that he only found pay dirt 5 times on the ground this season.

Postseason Outlook: The Texans are getting a Raven team that has won only 3 games since the midway point of the their season. Between facing a team with zero momentum heading into the playoffs and having a coach-less Bengal squad waiting for them in the Divisional round, i fail to see how the Texans aren't eventually losing to the Chiefs in the AFC Title Game.

4. New York Jets (11-5)
    Regular Season
    : Two words. Aerial assault. Johnny Martin and his two giants on the outside lead an attack that has just been unstoppable at time. Don’t think this is a one dimensional team for a second as Jamal Charles is there to provide ground support rushing for just under 1500 yards in his first season with New York. The defense is led by Manti Te’o who recorded 76 tackles and 11 (!!!) interceptions this season. 11 interceptions is outstanding for a linebacker! The guys is an absolute ball hawk.

Player to Watch: Martaze Ivory. Thinking about just sitting back with two deep safeties to contain the big play? Think again. Ivory is a 5 foot 7 inch terror that is as quick as a hiccup and will juke out the 8 men back that you put in coverage to account for the deep ball.

Postseason Outlook: Give it to me 3 times. Jets come away victorious with the help of some home cookin, but fall in the divisional round to the Chiefs.

5. New England Patriots
    Regular Season
    : Pound the Drummond slowly. Rijo Drummond gave a big time middle finger to those who said his second season was a fluke. Drummond tallied over 2K in receiving yards AGAIN and caught 15 touchdowns. But it wasn't all about Drummond this season. After trotting out what was largely a disappointing pass defense last year the Patriots decided to draft a corner by the name of Reshard Lumpkin. Talk about no fly zone. Not only was Lumpkin swatting down passes, but when the moment presented himself, the corner out of Oklahoma would pick it off with ease. Twelve INTs for the rook! This was a tread in the Pats secondary as the next 2 corners on the depth chart (Culliver -another rookie- and Talib) also tallied 8 picks apiece.
    Player to Watch: The three aforementioned corners. They get to see a Jets receiving core that they are quite familiar with and haven't done the greatest job slowing them down. In regards to individual matchups, they match up fairly well, but when Johnny Martin is on he starts placing balls only where his receivers and their 20 foot catch radiuses can get them.
    Postseason Outlook: The 3rd matchup between division foes is always fun and intense. I expect this to follow suit. Jets come away victorious though.

6. Baltimore Ravens
    Regular Season
    : What a roller coaster. Carter Morgan steps down to reality a bit getting nowhere close to his 2K from last season. CJ McNeil returned from an injury that was at first report was rumored to be career ending last season. And finally, a sprint start out of the gates going 7-1 in the first half of the season only to finish sub .500 in the second half.

Player to Watch: Morgan Carter. It may have been a down year by his standards and the coaching staff may have reduced his workload, but I feel it was to keep him fresh for this right here. The playoffs. Morgan is straw that stirs the drink. He needs to touch the ball at least 30 times for this team to make a push in the postseason.

Postseason Outlook: Texans shake off their turnover bug and beat the Ravens into submission on the ground with a few sprinkles of downfield ariel attacks. Its close through 3, but Texans pull away.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

..... I think you're forgetting someone

:(

• Like Like x 2
  3. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Great write up!! Poor cheez fingers crossed man you had a hell of a season!

4. Cheez

If not for a D/C I would be 11-5 and having an epic rematch from week 17 with publik drunk in the WC Round

• Like Like x 2
  5. Cheez

.... I guess I'm having an epic rematch from week 17 with publik drunk in the WC Round

6. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Cheez
    Updated for you, my friend.

7. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Classy of you to update the thread with pats data JFace907

has the game been played yet???

Cheez

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Cheez

Very classy of JJ indeed. He will be getting his revenge next year without question.