AFC PlayOff Watch

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ferocious, Oct 9, 2010.

1. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

AFC PlayOff Watch

PlayOff Watch

At the time of this writing

Alright PMFL here goes the official Playoff Watch straight from the musky smell of the gridiron. There is a lot of interesting scenarios in the NFC/AFC with a lot of teams still fighting for a wild card spot. The top 4 seats in the two conferences are all pretty much and locked up, unless something unexpectable happens……But here in PMFL you is not over till the fat lady sings….

AFC

Teams with a strong jockstrap:

Colts (soxgators) 12-0: They pretty much have locked up the #1 spot in the AFC. But with some teams left to play that are still fighting for a wildcard spot like Titans and Raiders it won’t be it easy. But the way this Colts are playing I don’t see them not taking the #1 spot.

Jets (ThaFuture) 10-2: The Jets are still fighting for that #1 spot but catching the Colts wont be easy, what they really have to worry about is the Patriots coming from behind in their division. It helped the Jets a lot having swept the Patriots, which means the Patriots can only win the division by having a better record than the Jets. With 2 games left vs division teams that are under .500 it shouldn’t be too much trouble locking that division up and the #2 spot in the AFC.

Teams holding on to their G-String:

Broncos (pepperlink) 9-3: Well with so many coaching changes for this team in the past 3 weeks it’s hard to determine were they will end up. Right now they are on the #3 spot in the AFC but only one game behind in their division. The Chargers seem to be picking up the pace and are looking to take over the division. Broncos hold their last game vs the Chargers at mile high and if all goes according to plan they will need that win to win the division. The only good news for this team is that their next 3 games are vs .500 or worse teams, so that should help new coach pepperlink get ready for the Chargers.

Steelers (willsT24) 7-5: Its hard to imagine that a team with a 7-5 record being on the #4 spot in the AFC, but being ahead in their own division by 3 games it should be a lock for them to be in the playoffs and win their division. The only two teams he has to worry about is the Bengals and Browns which he has to play one more time, a win on their next game vs the Bengals should lock up their division title. But will have to hold off the red hot Chargers team and Patriots to have home field advantage in their 1st playoff game.

Chargers (Hulk) 8-4: One of the teams creeping up on this division and holding the wild card spot. With only one game behind their division leader Broncos, this team is aiming to take over the division title and having their 1st playoff game at home instead. The Broncos have had a lot of coaching changes which are hurting this team. So look for the Chargers to win the division title and lock up the #3 spot in a steal over the Broncos.

Patriots (Jaaged) 8-4: Another team lurking from the outside in, holding the last wildcard spot is hard because they have to worry about 2 things. Teams from behind and teams ahead. This team should concentrate on holding their wildcard spot only and not the division. As the Jets pretty much and have that division locked up and in the bag. But this team should and have to worry about Titans and Raiders creeping up on their spot, the only bright spot for this Patriots is that their remaining schedule has a combined record of 16 wins -32 losses so they should win out putting pressure on not only the Chargers but Broncos and Steelers too.

Teams sliding the G-String to the side:

Titans (Bradkaz96) 7-5: Like their team news says “ Down but not out†and its true, they are still pretty much alive. But with not 1 but 2 division games vs the Colts that lead their division remaining, its gonna be real hard for this team to get in to the postseason. But one win vs them and they should cruise in to the playoffs.

Raiders (Dablackpope) 6-6: This team is holding on to an even .500 record and fighting to get in to the postseason. But with 2 remaining games vs top teams Broncos and Colts, my guess is they end up staying right were they are even .500. But there is always next season for this young team.

Well PMFL that wraps up the AFC playoff watch, as you can see the only safe teams here are the top 2 spots. After that is all in the hands of the Coaches and their respective teams. But like I said, it’s not over till the fat lady sings……

2. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

Good work Zo! And I have to agree about my Raiders, we will be on the outside looking in but we will beat the Broncos and the Colts.

3. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

What no chiefs this is weak lol

4. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Should be interesting to see how the AFC pans out. I'll be curious to see if Josh can maintain his perfect record throughout. Not an easy feat. Good analysis, Alonso.

5. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

I will not go undefeated !!!

6. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Nice stuff ZO

7. Bradkaz96

Bradkaz96 Sim-Nation LSU Tigers

Titans may be done, having lost games to both the Broncos and the Chargers is really gonna kill me in tiebreakers. After my loss last night to the Colts Ill need to win out and hope the Chargers lose 2 of its last 3.