AFC WEST BLOG

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by _MG_, Aug 30, 2012.

1. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    WEST
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    GM CONFIDENTIAL
    Theese refreshing responses are sponsored by
    [​IMG]
    Always refreshing. Always 0 calories. Always West Coast Gay.​
    Question 1: How much confidence do you have in your running backs? We all know what Peyton can do, but with that bust Knowshon Moreno and the old man Willis McGahee, how much are you really going to have to depend on Peyton to lead this offense?
    Question 2: What guys on your roster do you feel will surprise around the league this year? Give us at least 1 defensive sleeper and 1 offensive sleeper.
    Question 3: Realistically, how do you think you match up against each of the other 3 teams in the AFC West. Who is your most favorable matchup, who might give you the most problems?
    Question 4: Give me one non-divisional game you have circled on the schedule for season 1.
    Question 5: What is your teams biggest strength? What is your teams biggest weakness?
    Question 1: How has Charles and Hillis looked this offseason together? Is your offense completely dependent on the run, or is Matt Cassell going to surprise some people this year?
    Question 2: What guys on your roster do you feel will surprise around the league this year? Give us at least 1 defensive sleeper and 1 offensive sleeper.
    Question 3: Realistically, how do you think you match up against each of the other 3 teams in the AFC West. Who is your most favorable matchup, who might give you the most problems?
    Question 4: Give me one non-divisional game you have circled on the schedule for season 1.
    Question 5: What is your teams biggest strength? What is your teams biggest weakness?
    [​IMG]_MG_
    Question 1: How big of a question mark is wide receiver for your team right now? How much of a concern does the lack of a true #1guy is there, if any?
    Question 1: Is there any QB controversy at all? Is Carson Palmer the long-term answer, or is Terrelle Pryor the future?

• Like Like x 1
  3. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]
    Question 1: How big of a question mark is wide receiver for your team right now? How much of a concern does the lack of a true #1guy is there, if any?
    It is our second biggest issue, right now. Our #1 concern is our offensive line. We just haven't played how we thought we could. We might need to address it through free agency or trades, to be completely honest. It is a huge concern. Taking over this team, although we have a lot of talent I still feel we are in a rebuilding faze. Wide receiver is a large concern though, like you said. We really need Malcolm Floyd, Robert Meachem or Eddie Royal to step up. We need a #1. Phillip Rivers feels confident in the guys we have, but we won't hesitate to upgrade at any position if the opportunity presents itself.
    I really think Jarret Johnson is going to have a huge year for us. He has been around the league a long time and did a lot of great things, and I think he is poised to lead us in sacks this year. Offensively, Ryan Mathews might be the most underrated back in the league when healthy. I think he will be extremely productive this year. Another decent sleeper is Malcolm Floyd. He will finally get his
    I think our biggest challenge will be the Raiders. Darren McFadden is a top 5 running back in the league and is extremely hard to stop. Carson Palmer is a big upgrade for them at QB, and now he will be there for a whole season. I like how we match up against the Broncos, to be honest. We really like our secondary, especially if rookie FS Brandon Taylor does what we think he can. The Chiefs will be great as well, they have a formidable running game and a lot of weapons on defense. This is a very tough division.

I am really looking forward to my game with the Falcons. I think they have an amazing passing game this year, and I really look forward to the challenge of stopping Julio Jones and Roddy White. Another big game I am excited for is our game on the road against the Steelers. They are always a great team and it could potentially be a huge game for us in our effort to make the playoffs.
    I think our teams biggest strength is our secondary and our Quarterback. We really are in love with our corners. We feel we can potentially stop anyone through the air. Offensively, what can we say about Phillip Rivers that anyone who knows anything about football doesn't already know? The guy is a stud and the leader of our team. We will win or lose because of Phillip Rivers.

4. Flyinhi2005

Flyinhi2005 Walk On

[​IMG]Flyinhi2005
    Question 1: How much confidence do you have in your running backs? We all know what Peyton can do, but with that bust Knowshon Moreno and the old man Willis McGahee, how much are you really going to have to depend on Peyton to lead this offense? Ive got confidence in are running game.. Willis Mcgahee will come out as the starting Rb, but Ronnie Hillman will see every practice game til his carry rating is above 80 and then he will be named the starter. I think having success passing with Peyton will open up are run game. So we are depending on Peyton alot to help these running backs to make noise
    Question 2: What guys on your roster do you feel will surprise around the league this year? Give us at least 1 defensive sleeper and 1 offensive sleeper. Von Miller and Elvis Dumervils Pass rush is something to watch out for.. On offensive i believe the sleeper is gonna Ronnie Hillman. After we get his carry rating to where we want it, were gonna let him run free.. On Defense Drayton Florence will be heard. With his speed off the egde to blitz the cornerback, and as much as i expect people to target his side to stay away from Champ i think he will make some noise this year
    Question 3: Realistically, how do you think you match up against each of the other 3 teams in the AFC West. Who is your most favorable matchup, who might give you the most problems? I think we match up good vs all the teams in the division.. I haven't played anyone from my division before so it will be interesting too see what happens.. I believe i will have the best matchups with the raiders speed on offense and defense from a team aspect..
    Question 4: Give me one non-divisional game you have circled on the schedule for season 1. Week 1 vs Steelers.. With all the hype of KnightNoles being ranked #1 i feel he is the one to beat.
    Question 5: What is your teams biggest strength? What is your teams biggest weakness? Passing game should be the biggest strengths on offense.. I think are front 7 should get good pressure on qb's and stop the run.. I would love to improve are secondary and wr's in the draft.. I believe this will be are weakness
    [​IMG]

5. thegman2.0

thegman2.0 Walk On

Question 1:How has Charles and Hillis looked this offseason together? Is your offense completely dependent on the run, or is Matt Cassell going to surprise some people this year? we going to mixed up this year , sometimes we rely on the run , other times be looking to throw to everyone
    Question 2: What guys on your roster do you feel will surprise around the league this year? Give us at least 1 defensive sleeper and 1 offensive sleeper. i think jon baldwin is ready to man up this year , glenn dorsey is ready to be a force in his 3rd year now at de
    Question 3: Realistically, how do you think you match up against each of the other 3 teams in the AFC West. Who is your most favorable matchup, who might give you the most problems?i think be ready to show afc west the chiefs are ready to complete. oakdland raiders , oakland with its deadley runinng game
    Question 4: Give me one non-divisional game you have circled on the schedule for season 1. pittsburgh steelers vs todd haley
    Question 5: What is your teams biggest strength? What is your teams biggest weakness? i think our passing game might be stronger then runninng game , more options in the passing game. stopping the run been a problem and if you cant stop the run , you wont win many games this year vs others from hardknocks .

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2012
  6. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

[​IMG]DrunkenSoldier
    Question 1: Is there any QB controversy at all? Is Carson Palmer the long-term answer, or is Terrelle Pryor the future? No, No, No and if anyone wants Pryor he is on the Block, Palmer is the man for this year but we will be looking for his replacement either through FA, The Draft or via a Trade
    Question 2: What guys on your roster do you feel will surprise around the league this year? Give us at least 1 defensive sleeper and 1 offensive sleeper. Defensive its gotta be DeMarcus Van Dyke, he is going to have to step up and take the #2 CB role, on offense TE David Ausberry we hope he can turn into a good pass catching TE but 1st he will have to win the starting job.
    Question 3: Realistically, how do you think you match up against each of the other 3 teams in the AFC West. Who is your most favorable matchup, who might give you the most problems? Team wise we are probably the weakest team in the West, but stick skills will keep me in the hunt. Always like playing sporty but i think MG and his Chargers will give The raiders the most Headaches.
    Question 4: Give me one non-divisional game you have circled on the schedule for season 1. Pittsburgh Steelers, KNightnoles is always tough competition
    Question 5: What is your teams biggest strength? What is your teams biggest weakness? Speed, we have speed in backfield we have speed at WR so hopefully that will lead to big plays, The weakness will be depth on defense we have some decent starters but after that

7. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    BREAKING NEWS:
    [​IMG]

Multiple sources close to the Chargers say they have agreed to land a big-time #1 receiver in a trade this morning. Although it is not clear who that wideout is, speculation says he is coming from the AFC East and Donald Butler is the guy on his way out of San Diego. Don't get too excited yet, Chargers fans. This trade still needs to be passed by the Hard Knocks trade committee. Stay tuned. #BoltUP.

8. DrunkenSoldier

Raiders on the board! Go to 1-2 with a win over the Steelers

• Like Like x 1
  9. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

Always love to see a Raider win over the Steelers. Payback for all those Super Bowls that the Steelers knocked the Raiders out of :D

10. thegman2.0

thegman2.0 Walk On

Dywayne Bowe end talks with Chiefs

we are disspointed in both parties couldnt get a deal done . next time we try harder. Mr Bowe decided now be a free agent towards end the season and many bidders are ready.

11. thegman2.0

thegman2.0 Walk On

breaking news , chiefs tag bowe with franchise tag

12. DrunkenSoldier

Raiders start per-season 0-3,
    coach Drunken "we have a lot of new players trying to aclamate themselves to our system so hopefully will have things straighten out by the start of the season. Rookie TE Bryan Zabal is living up to his 13th overall pick early in his career coming off a 100 yd receiving performance. All in all things are going as planned and we just want to get threw this last week of preseason with no injuries and a win would be nice"

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012