1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

AFC West Chatter

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Ace847, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Breaking News: hskr8128 has just taken over the reigns of the 0-1 Broncos after the previous owner stepped away.

Game Preview (SD Inquirer): Denver @ San Diego

His first assignment to to travel to SD to take on the 1-0 bolts and rookie QB Sean Doman (the Dominator) in their newly built stadium in sunny San Diego.

The last time these two men was when he was the owner of TB and Keenan Allen made history on him and they gave away the huge 4th quarter lead.

Sources say one of the reason hskr8128 took the Broncos job was to permanently shut down (others have thrown around the work injure) Keenan Allen. When the media asked rookie QB Sean Doman about it he said that he had honestly not even seen the game and only vaguely remembers hearing about the monster game on sports center in college. Doman said, "I'm just focusing on doing my job and putting my team in the best possible position to win."

HC Mike McCoy said that some would see a huge front office change as a distraction and would put the Chargers at a huge advantage but he said he's preparing just like any other week and will never look past an opponent.

On the other hand, when Owner Danny Ski was asked about the game he said he hoped hskr8128 woke up in cold sweats all week in prep replaying Allens 5tds over and over in his nightmares... Ski said, if hskr8128 fails to put his guys into position we're going to take Advantage of our plus matchups and Allen finds his way into those scenarios often as one of the leagues best receivers.

Raidernation Dru50

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Big changes early in 2017 for KC.....

Rumors surrounded the team during preseason that Alex Smith was suffering from "dead arm syndrome", but the team flying through games and barely watching them left some drama around the position. Week 1 vs the Raiders removed any questions, as Smith showed that he was unable to throw a ball past 15 yards with any zip, which led to 2 easy INT's by Oakland safeties that helped turn the game around (Oakland won 14-3). Smith was cut Jimmy Johnson style immediately after the game, and the team will be initially turning over the reigns to youngster Tyler Bray.

Finding out that the team had no QB made the next roster decision a bit easier, as the team elected to deal OLB/DE Justin Houston inside the division to Denver for a 2018 1st/5th and a 2019 3rd. This trade frees up a monster amount of cap room starting this offseason, and gives the team 3 1st round picks in the upcoming draft, allowing the Chiefs to get younger and build for the next 3 years.

Ace847 Raidernation hskr8128

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Crazy inter-division trade!!! Historic moment in AFC west!

I don't appreciate you sending Houston to terrorize Doman this week though...

4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I figured that wouldn't put me on the Christmas card list.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Very interesting ..... Houston won't help Denver if he was shooting rockets out of Cape Canaveral.

6. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

hskr8128 Dru50 Raidernation

Who's gonna take the West??? 3 games left and we all play eachother and it's anybody's division (except Dru50 ). But Dru is building over there in KC! That WR's putting up crazy numbers as a rookie and he's here to stay... And with KC's 50 draft picks I'm thinking he's only getting better in the offseason...

This things coming down to SD, Denver, and Oakland... SD/OAK split so who knows how tie breakers will work out there... SD has edge on Denver with 1 win but they play again in a couple of weeks... SD & Denver tied at 8-5 with OAK only a game behind and SD is currently leading going into the final 3 weeks. At this point, none of us are safe... Any one of us could find ourselves on the outside looking in, or we could even find ourselves with the 1 or 2 seed!!! Looking forward to the late season push. Have fun guys and catch me if you can!!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

It all comes down to week 17 in the West... Denver @ San Diego for the division. Denver already has their playoff spot locked in either way but if they win, they have a shot at a first round bye and of course home-field advantage. If SD wins they will take the division and host a WC game unless Madden messes it up and somehow gives them a tie breaker bye over the Steelers if they lose this week. We barely made it out of KC last week with a win on a lucky late 4th quarter pick six when the game was tied late so we are just excited to have a shot at the division still. SD beat Denver earlier in the year but that was a long time ago and it appears Brees is locked in late in the season...

If SD loses it will be a Madden coin flip to determine the AFC WC teams if some of the 8-7 teams win so SD could be bumped from the dance altogether if they don't win this game... Playoffs are starting early in the AFC West!

Raidernation hskr8128 Dru50

Hurricane GL Big Suge Knight JFace907 xSavedByGracex 1ke Danthraxxx

• Like Like x 2
  8. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Can you have the champagne on ice in the visitor dressing room please?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Raidernation

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Well here we go gents! SD takes the AFC West and the 2 seed for the second year in a row! They did so in dramatic fashion in a 4th quarter 2 minute drive comeback to win 17 to 15 on a last minute FG against hskr8128!

As I look back on the game, the difference in this one came at the end of the first half when SD stuffed the Broncos on two consecutive series of downs within the 5 yard line (there was a facemask call on third down that gave the Broncs a second shot at a TD)...

The Broncos scored a TD late in the 4th and missed the 2 pointer conversion giving them a 1 point lead going into the 4th and the Chargers were able to win with a FG. I think this game would have ended up differently if the Broncos score a TD instead of a FG in the first half but the Bolts came up huge with the stop. 15 to 17 is an odd score but it really just shows how balanced and close these two teams are right now... If they meet up again in the playoffs it's gonna be hard for SD to beat Denver for a 3rd straight time in one year... Looking forward to seeing how the playoffs pan out...

We still have the 4th seed to be determined tonight as 1ke will play the CPU to determine his and Danthraxxx 's fate... All eyes on that CPU game!!!

11. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Well the dream scenario for the AFC West has arrived. A third matchup between hskr8128 and Ace... Ace barely won last week and have the 2-0 sweep in the regular season but that's all for nothing if they don't beat the Broncos in the playoffs. This thing is going down lunch time today fellas so take a break and tune in for another nail biter!!!

12. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Well... Not a nail biter... hskr8128 had a sound game plan and limited throwing picks and controlled the game and won 16-3 in SD... Congrats to Denver moving on to the Conference Championship game! Will this be the Brees final season tour to NFL greatness??? If he wins another SB on another team after all his success in NO he will go down in history as one of the greats!

13. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Welcome to the AFC West guys! I look forward to our match-ups and finding out which one of us will rise to the top Year 1. We've got a lot of talent in the division at launch so whoever takes the division will definitely have to earn it... Not like being in some of these other weak divisions in TMFL... Pass rush is gonna be crazy if our teams stay healthy. I'm guessing we will lead the league in sacks as a division due to all the talented defensive fronts in the AFC West.

Also, I'm really curious how Madden will deal with the Chargers stadium and hope that being in the 30K seat stadium doesn't hurt our finances out of the gate too much... It would also be pretty cool if they put the new LA stadium as well as the Vegas stadium in the game for us to use in future seasons but that's highly doubtful...

jwaddy
    Kapono
    Spongy26

• Like Like x 1
  14. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

All defense / no offense for the Chiefs.

WR Tyreek Hill got hosed on his ratings with only 97 speed and 96 acceleration, we need those special teams TDs!

Looking forward to playing in this rough division.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Raidernation

jwaddy .... change your Avi and beat this fools ass please.