AFCS Week Four Match-Up Colts vs Texans

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by fuzzyl0gic, Apr 24, 2013.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This will be the first division game for the Texans, and the second for the Colts. Both teams need a win here to catch up with the Jags and Titans, and something tells me this division race is going to come down to the wire this season. The Texans have some new fire power on offense to go along with their stout run game, and the Colts look a bit different on defense with the losses of Mathis, Freeney, and Powers. Rookie Clifton White gets his second start at safety, with injury prone Nick Collins out a few weeks as always. Rookie DE Wesley joins second year DE Pierce on the ends as Mathis/Freeney replacements, with Briggs, Lewis, and Lofton leading the way for a hard hitting LB core. ​
    The Colts gameplan on offense is simple: limit stupid mistakes/turnovers, establish a run game, and throw smart passes. It is sure to be low scoring, and Coach Fuzzy hopes his young guys on defense continue to step up. Davis and Harris will have their work cut out for them in trying to defend Miles Austin and Stevie Johnson. Good luck sawemoff, looking forward to this one. ​

• Like Like x 1
  2. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

3. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

What do you mean what's wrong with me? What's wrong with you modafacka?!?!

4. Baron

Those stats are atrocious! Did you have a sim or something?

5. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Nope, I've played all 3 games. Don't put much into my stats because I've had short field and spt punt/kick returns for TDs.

6. Baron

Bah.

As to this week's matchup... it's tough as I have a lot of respect for fuzzy and saw's game. But I'll take saw, because of J.J. Watt alone.

7. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

[​IMG]
    Houston Texan's Press Conference
    *Saw walks up to the podium for an opening statement*
    I would like to open things up by thanking everyone for coming on such short notice. I did not realize this was going to happen until a little over an hour ago. Tonight we take on Coach fuzzyl0gic 's Indianapolis Colts. They are a great team and coached very well so we look for a hard fought game. Tonight is a big game for us as we open divisional play. Like every year our goal is to take the division and the road to a championship starts tonight. ​
    *One reporter urging to ask Coach Saw a question*
    Well I guess some people cannot wait so go ahead sir.​
    Reporter Baron: Oh hey Saw! Thanks for calling on me! I was ignored as a child so this means a lot! OH BOY, oh boy! Lets see *looks through notes* your team's stats are ATROCIOUS so what the f$#% is wrong with you?!?!​
    [​IMG]
    Well if you take a look at our games we have jumped out to an early lead and started to play keep away with the other team. Now are we playing a little too bit conservative? You can argue that but we have also had some great field position from turnovers, and punt returns. Heck last week against Seattle WR Keshawn Martin took one to the house on a kickoff and the week before he took a punt back against Cincy. When you figure all that into the equation that is where all of the 'lost' yards goes. But to each of its own you can still say we are not hitting on all cylinders on both sides of the ball. Next question.​
    Reporter #2: Coach what is your strategy against the Colts?​
    Like always we want to establish the running game and kill the clock. Arian has struggled to get going so far but we feel he is on the verge of 'breaking out' soon and when he does everyone needs to look out. We also have to get Leshoure and Howsare going to wear down the defense. Their physicality is crucial to our gameplan. Just like Coach Fuzzy mentioned we want to limit our mistakes. In back to back games we have gone into the redzone and turned the ball over, twice by fumble and once by interception. We need to play smarter and right now we just are not. Who is next, you sir.​
    Reporter #3: Your defense has played great in the each of the three games during the first half but in the second they have crumbled. Any common cures to fix this?​
    Great question guy. There definitely has been changes made on the defensive side of the ball. 4th Round Draft Dylan Brown will be pushed down the depth chart as he is not performing like we think he should. It maybe the case that we rushed him so now we are going to back up and take our time. Another change will be made at FS. Glover Quinn Jr has played decent but he has gotten beat twice deep off of bad reads by him and just like Brown we want to ease him back in. Danny McCray will take his place. Lets wrap this up with one more question.​
    Reporter #4: How does last week's game affect morale and confidence before a huge divisional game?​
    At first you look back at it and you are shocked. Coach Danthraxxx brought the heat in the 4th quarter and kicked our teeth in. I would be lying if it is not in the back of our players mind but they also know they have a chance to go out and redeem themselves. Again, I would like to thank everyone again for coming out and hopefully we come out with a victory. Y'all take care.​
    *Coach Saw exits the stage*
    Good luck fuzzy and Baron :facepalm: hahaha​

• Like Like x 6