After Midnight - 2011 Heisman Hopefuls

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Dru50, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I've put this together utilizing a combination of guys expected ratings, who they are playing with, my knowledge of various coaches playstyles (which is a bit limited for many of you), and some secret ingredients. Enjoy.....

Expected Contenders
    [​IMG]
    I expect Barkley to be rated among the top 3 QB's in the game, and when you combine the fact that I'm usually pretty good at passing and I'll have 4 WR sets that are filled with 6'3"+ guys with speed, I expect him to put up big numbers and leave for the pros after his junior year. Question mark - Does Dru bail on the Trojans before the year even starts?

[​IMG]
    Denard will be rated the best dual threat QB and I'll be shocked if he doesn't have speed in the 96-97 range. I'm assuming that Dan will use him as an option QB of some form and put up some big numbers. Question mark - Does Dan run a pro-style attack that neuters some of Robinsons big play ability?

[​IMG]
    This is with the assumption that Wisconsins offensive line is rated crazy good as usual. Cole will run the ball, and I believe he likes the young kid over John Clay. Question mark - Will Cole pass too much to get a RB the award?

Surpise Out of the Running Award
    [​IMG]
    Based on what I've heard about Cheez, he wants to run a power running set at Stanford, which I think will limit Luck's opportunities to put up the numbers needed to win the award. I'll be wrong if - Stanford goes undefeated and Cheez realizes that you should use your best guys to win.

Suprise Darkhorse Candidate
    [​IMG]
    I'm basing this primarily on the fact that wazzu runs a spread and he will be in a lot of shootouts due to an awful defensive unit. Question mark - Can the kid stay healthy passing 50+ times a game?

2. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Andrew Luck will have an important role in the Stanford offense in the 2011 season. I'm not going to discuss what that role will be, but he has a role.

3. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Nice write up. My vote goes to Barkley, Dru has proven in many a dynasty that he is not afraid to run up stats in the passing game.

Also Clay went pro and the guy in the picture is junior Monte Ball who will most likely be a back up to reigning Big 10 Freshman of the Year James White.

Last years stats:
    James White - 156 att. , 1052 yds, 14 td's, 6.7 ypc
    Monte Ball - 163 att., 996 yds, 18 td's, 6.1 ypc

4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

You know it.

Dang - that is what I get for assuming ESPN had up to date rosters....I thought Ball was the young guy from last year.

5. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

They had two young guys. Jon Clay ended up as the third stringer by the end of the year and tried to bail to the NFL. I don't think it worked well for him, maybe if our coaches weren't retarded they would have let him run the ball right up the gut for 300 yards in the Rose Bowl and improved his draft status.

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Stat whore!

Dru50 where are my Bruin heisman hopefuls???

7. Cheez

Pertaining to Luck - lets ask recchem

recchem2000 - do I throw the ball?

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Only against me :) because you can't run it!

9. Cheez

all i need is a yes or no

can i throw the football, if need be? ;)

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

yes or no :)

Yes you can, I suppose.

11. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

All you need to know for UCLA Heisman Hopefuls, according to the PAC-12 Blog on ESPN.com, UCLA's quarterback situation is considered a "well see", i.e. bad, while WSU, USC, and Stanford received a "great shape" grade. In terms of running backs, UCLA is given a grade of "great shape" with all their stud running backs. So recchem Johnathan Franklin can win the Heisman if he rushes for 200 yards a game. There I said something positive about your team.

12. gowazzucougs

Dru50 Cheez

If Luck isn't throwing the ball at least 30 times a game, Cheez will know why Stanford will be watching the CCG, instead of playing in it.

13. Cheez

Cougs, i see things the opposite. If Luck is throwing 30 times / game, I'm in trouble.

14. gowazzucougs

30 may be a little high, but you should throw the ball at least 25 times a game. You are never going to have this big of a stud at quarterback in the game. In every game you will have the better qb in terms of accuracy and power. The only closest competitor will be Barkley. You need to take advantage of it.

In addition in my Night Owls game this morning I ran the ball 26 times with my back, while throwing it 35 times. Now, it seemed to me at least 5-10 passes were knocked down or dropped, thus if those passes were completed, maybe my passing numbers are lowered a little, but again 30 seems right to me.

15. gowazzucougs

Dru50

You are nice in giving Jeff Tuel a shot out as a Heisman hopeful, but I believe his turn will come the following season when he is a senior. I doubt a QB playing for a 1 star school will get any notice from the Heisman voters. If he throws for 400 yards a game, beats Wisconsin or whoever the Cougs play in the Big 10, and out duels Andrew Luck leading the Cougs to PAC-12 Championship Game, then maybe he will get some votes.

16. gowazzucougs

Dru50 Colemanchu JFace907

Wisconsin is now the clear favorite to win the B1G Conference because Russell Wilson is taking his talents to Madison.

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I wouldnt say that...Ohio State is still pretty good and Jface can play with the best of them. Time will tell.

18. gowazzucougs

You haven't seen this guy play, nor have you played a user game against NC State, this guy is for real. If he had transferred to UCLA he would have been named the starter day 1. I don't doubt JFace can challenge Cole, but at the moment I am giving the edge to Cole and his Badgers.