AFTER MIDNIGHT 2011 SEASON PREVIEW: Remember only bad things happen after midnight.

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by gowazzucougs, Jun 14, 2011.

1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

AFTER MIDNIGHT 2011 SEASON PREVIEW

[​IMG]

PAC-12 NORTH PREVIEW

WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY

Starting off the season preview is coach gowazzucougs who will be taking over his alma mater Washington State. WSU enters the 2012 season with a one star prestige, thus the Cougs have only way to go, UP! Luckily for Coach Cougs the cupboard is not completely bare. At quarterback the Cougs will rely on Junior QB Jeff Tuel. Tuel will be relying on several weapons, but none more important than WR Marquess Wilson. Wilson is a preseason second team all-conference selection. On the defensive side of ball the defense will be led by preseason second team all-conference defensive end Travis Long. Winning the division may be a stretch with Stanford and Oregon to contend with during this season, but look for the Cougar challenge conference foes and to continue to build upon the successes of last season. Coach Cougs are on this season, “This team will only go as far as QB Jeff Tuel can take us.” In addition, “This is not the 2008, 2009, or the 2010 Cougs, we will no longer be an automatic W.”

[​IMG]
    Do you know who this is, Coach Cougs says you will.

STANFORD

Stanford, will be coach by Cheez. Coach Cheez has probably the best quarterback in the nation this season with Andrew Luck at the helm. The receiving corp is a little bit of concern because Luck’s two favorite targets graduated last season. However, that may have play into Coach Cheez’s strength, running the ball. Coach Cheez believes that his philosophy is an actual strength because it makes the offense more versatile and unpredictable. The defense will be led by both safeties, Delano Howell and Michael Thomas, that return from an unit that improved throughout the season. Coach Cheez also stated his defense’s goal this season is to stop the run. To him every facet of the game will become easier by forcing his opponent to become one dimensional. Expectations for this season are as high as the moon, the Cardinal have the best player in the game, the division is winnable, let alone the conference. Coach Cheez has set the goals for his team high as well with some of the goals being beat Cal, win the conference, and win the Rose Bowl. There is one question from this critic, doesn’t Stanford have to win the North Division first before the winning the conference?
    [​IMG]
    Is this guy really the best player in the game, and the Heisman frontrunner?

UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA

Across the way in Berkley, resides Coach Jayrah. Coach Jayrah brings with him a sorcerer’s abilities as a play caller, and motivator. Over the past few years the Cal Golden Bears have struggled to hold their own against conference foes. This season the Bears look to take a strong step forward in returning to the glory of the mid 2000’s. However, before they do that, Coach Jayrah must decide who is playing quarterback. My sources indicate the starter will be senior QBBrock Mansion, however Coach Jayrah has stated publicly that junior Zach Maynard will start. The receiving corp is full of experience with only one sophomore, Keenan Allen, set to see significant playing time. On defense look for OLB MychalKendricks who was named to the 2010 all-conference team, to dominate on defense. Since, the hiring of Coach Jayrah, several fans have gone to the message boards, one fan stating “Stanford’s reign was short and sweet, but it’s over now.” In addition a fan that must be related to Lebron James stated “We got a coach who to finally win Pac-12 Championships. . . not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, . . . not 6, not 7. We will rule the PAC again.” My question, when did Cal rule the PAC, their last conference championship was in 1958.

PAC-12 SOUTH DIVISION

UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

Coach Dru is leading the Trojans in this year’s edition. The first starting point is quarterback, if Cheez has the best quarterback in the game, a close second is USC’s Matt Barkley. Coach Dru will not just have Barkley, but DJ Morgan at running back. Sources that follow the team closely believe Morgan is the fastest player on the team. Barkley’s other weapons will consist of WR Robert Woods and TE Xavier Grimble. On defense USC has one of the best DBs in the conference in Nickell Robey. This team has the talent to win the South Division and the conference. If Trojans experience a rash of injuries this team could be in trouble because of recent scholarship sanctions. According to Coach Dru he expects this team to compete for the conference and possible the national title.

UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA OF LOS ANGELES

Up next is the school across the city with UCLA. Coach Recchem loves his Bruins, but he does not love his team. There are numerous problems with the Bruins, but running back is not one of them. UCLA has two talented backs with Johnathan Franklin and Derrick Coleman. Coach Recchem loves Franklin and says “He is the man!” However, there should be parentheses around that statement, because Franklin is known to have a case of fumblitis from time to time. As for Coleman the coach sees him as a power back that fits his style of offense. The big problem with the Bruins is that they simply do not have a quarterback. Kevin Prince or Richard Brehaut will be the starter, however it really doesn’t matter because both are not very good. The defense has good young players like DT Cassius Marsh and SS Dietrich Riley. UCLA’s goal is to go to a bowl game this year, and find a good quarterback for the following season.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Who would you rather have? The golden boy with movie star looks, or #14? Reccchem don't answer this question.

ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY

Coach Sibellieus is taking over his alma mater Arizona State. ASU has new uniforms this season, but they also bring a new attitude as well. Many experts are picking ASU as a sleeper team to win the South Division. This team definitely has the talent and experience with 19 of 22 starters returning from last year’s squad. QB Brock Osweiler will be the starter for the Sun Devils. Osweiler will look to Gerell Robinson and Jamal Robinson to throw the ball to, while Cameron Marshall andDeantre Lewis will share the rushing load. On the defense side of the ball MLB VontazeBurficit, preseason All American, must step up with the injuries that occurred to CB Omar Bolden. Burfict is joined by an impressive defensive line led by James Brooks and Junior Onyeali who played a big part in making ASU one of the top defenses in the country last season. It is unclear what Bolden’s status will be, but the remaining unit has a history of injury problems. ASU has the talent to win the division; it just comes down to execution.As coach Sibellieus stated in his press conference "The biggest advantage for our team is the sheer athleticism on this roster. This team is capable of making big plays and doing it on a consistent basis. We had a young team the last couple years and we had some time to work the kinks out. Our time is now."

Prediction Stanford v. USC for Conference Championship

[​IMG]

B1G 2011 Season Preview

Division 1/Legends

THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY

Things have dramatically changed in the Big 10 since the last time we spoke about football, first we have an all-new logo, two divisions, and the school that dominated the past decade is in turmoil. With the loss of Tressel, OSU turns their fortunes to JFace. Coach JFace will not have Terrell Pryor, which may or may not be a huge disadvantage. Three players will be vying for the starting position, senior Joe Bauserman, red shirt sophomore Kenny Guiton, and true freshman Braxton Miller. There is a clear sense based on Coach JFace’s comments that he is leaning to Braxton Miller, but seems hesitant to pull the trigger on the true freshman right off the bat. Other than the quarterback issue the team is still talented on both sides of the ball, and a d case can be made for the Buckeyes’ winning their division and conference championship game.

[​IMG]
    I don't believe this man is welcomed in Columbus anymore.​

PENN STATE UNIVERSITY

Penn State is up next, finally PSU has a new coach WGW is the new head man in Happy Valley. There is a looming question in Happy Valley; who will be named starting quarterback? True Sophomore, Rob Bolden, was the starter at the start of the season, but lost his way, and Junior Matt McGloin took over leading the Nittany Lions to a bowl game. On the defensive side of the ball there is a good mixture of seniors, juniors, and sophomores allowing the younger players to lean on the seniors’ experience.

WISCONSIN

Wisconsin is up next, and the defending B1G Champion is philosophy is very simple run the ball down your throat. Their offensive line is generally good, and their backs know how to run. Running Backs James White and Montee Ball will share the running load. At quarterback things will be interesting, the tentative starter is Sophomore John Budmayer, but former N.C. State QB Russell Wilson is seriously considering becoming a Badger next season and most likely will be the starter if he enrolls. On the defensive side of the ball there are questions all over. The secondary and linebacking corps are suspect, but the defensive line appears strong, and will hopefully control the line of scrimmage. If Russell joins the Badgers, they are my pick to win Division 1. Coach Cole is not very concerned about his team, and was more focused on discussing vacuums with this reporter. He is seriously considering purchasing a Dyson Animal vacuum. This is a powerful vacuum, but the price tag is expensive, maybe the Badgers are selling last season’s championship merchandise to pay for the vacuum.

[​IMG]
    Is this man the reason why Coach Cole is worrying more about vacuums and not his Big 10 foes?​

Division 2/Leaders

NEBRASKA

Nebraska is the newest edition to the B1G Conference. The Cornhuskers will be led by Cfoley. Coach Foley has a true weapon at quarterback with Taylor Martinez. Martinez may be the best running quarterback in the country, for Nebraska to succeed though, Martinez must demonstrate that he can pass the ball efficiently throughout the season. Rex Burkhead will be the starting running back. Coach Cfoley told me “With both Taylor and Rex returning this year. We will look to get those two guys as many touches as possible.” The receiving corp is very weak, with only one legitimate threat, Brandon Kinnie. Luckily for Martinez tight ends, Ben Cotton and Kyler Reed, bring a wealth of experience.
    Nebraska defense’ looks stellar this season with a wealth of talent that lines the depth chart. Senior Jared Crick looks to cause havoc to B1G Conference running backs and quarterbacks like he did in the Big 12. In addition linebacker Lavonte David may challenge of defensive player of the year, as some experts believe he is in not only the best linebacker in the conference, but the country. On defense CFoley stated “We have a solid defense returning this season and are very excited about the possibilities.”

Michigan

Michigan enters the season as a serious wild card. Michigan has a new coach with Danthraxxx. Michigan may have the most electrifying player in the country with Denard Robinson. After that it gets interesting, will this team run a spread or pro-style offense. Coach Danthraxxx wants to run a “meat and potatoes” offense, but will allow Robinson to open it up for now. At least, Robinson will have all conference player, Roy Roundtree, to throw the ball to. However, the biggest thing that Coach Danthraxxx must do is fix the defense. He has clearly stated that this team will run the 4-3. In addition he is going to focus his recruiting efforts on recruiting solid defensive players who can help right away. Finally, Coach Dantraxxx has circled November 26, 2011 as the date Michigan begins taking the rivalry backs against Ohio State.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Who is the better running quarterback, Martinez or Robinson? We will find out this season.

NOTRE DAME

Finally we have Notre Dame, will the ghosts awaken this season? Coach Bucs has stated the theme for this season is to “Play Like a Champion Today.” He wants every player to live up to this expectation. At his press conference he stated "The Excuses End Today, Notre Dame is THE college football program. Now is the time to live up to the legacies of Montana, Hornung, Lambeau and countless others. We have the talent and experience on both sides of the ball and with our move to the Big 10 we will contend for conference and national titles. Guys like Te'o, Floyd, and Crist will be the leaders of our team."

Coach Bucs is inheriting an improving team. Dayne Crist is the quarterback on this team and he has a ton of weapons. WR Michael Floyd and TE Kyle Rudolph will be his two favorite targets. In addition to these targets Notre Damewill have a trio of running backs that will get significantly playing time. The defense will be led by strong line backing corps, with Manti Te’o, Brian Smith, and Darius Fleming.

PREDICTION: WISCONSIN v. Nebraska for Conference Championship

• Like Like x 8
  2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

@gowazzucougs - Very nice, but no conference winner picks?;)

@Jmustang1968 - can we get this on main site page (I know we don't even have a logo yet)?

3. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Hmm ya... I would love to have a league logo...

4. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

posted on main page

5. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Awesome - thanks J.

6. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Damn nice job wazzu, very appreciative of the work sir :)

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Very nice Forest...I wont answer your question because its obvious who I would rather have. Give me a few seasons and the Bruins will be a team to reckon with!

8. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

This is awesome...good job wazzu

9. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Nice work! This is good stuff!

10. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Every one thank you. This was a team effort. I researched everyone's teams, but the quotes make it look really good.

11. Jayrah

After Jayrah said that a Cheez coached defense will never stop a Jayrah coached running game, Cheez responded by saying that in each game his RB has outshined Jayrah's RB in each game. Well Jayrah had to respond:

"Their running game was like one shining moment... I'll take 1 big play a game from their rb if it means we get the win. However, I will say with complete certainty that I am stepping into a situation where we have twice as much talent as I ever have in our MOB 4 (which is what we are newly calling our LBs *Middle-Outside-Backer feature sets). Holt and Kendricks are going to be all over the field. Watching tape on these guys is an absolute blast! And running on them is not fun. Not too many outside of our Cal family remember that this was the #1 defense in the Pac 10 last season, and if you include our new members, we were #1 in the Pac 12.

Now it is no secret that those guys in red basically have been putting the dagger in us in recent years. But those days are over! Me and my coaching staff are here to change the culture of what it means to be a Golden Bear. You've seen it on the chat forums already. We're telling it to the kids to start every meeting, every practice, every drill. It's making it's way into the local papers. "DIG HARD!" is the mantra. We are dedicated to having the toughest minded team in the Pac 12 and eventually, the country! "DIG HARD!" means getting after it with all you've got and DIGGING for just that little bit extra, every game, every possession, every play, every last second. Go after it! Beat the next guy to the ball! Be the next guy on the tackle! Do something to make a difference each and every play!

Now with that we gotta understand that we don't always make the play, but we're gonna DIG! And then we're gonna DIG again! And when Stanford quits, we're gonna bury them! And when UCLA quits, we're gonna bury them! And when USC quits, we're gonna bury them! And when Oregon quits, we're gonna finish the job this year and bury them! That's our mentality, that's our focus.

Coach Cheez and his team will come to the party dressed up and ready. I have no doubt about that. But we're not gonna be Stanford's pretty prom dates anymore, and when the game gets ugly, we plan on being right at home!"

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

The logical flaw with your argument is that Stanford WILL NOT QUIT! You can dig all you want, but when all is said and done all you've accomplished is digging your own grave. And even though we're scholars, we will have no problem getting our hands dirty and shovel the dirt back on top of you.

Of course you're going to be left at home....

We're the jocks who are going to egg you on your front porch year in and year out!

13. Jayrah

I am glad you're confident. You'll need it. Talk is talk, but the record speaks for itself between you and I. Harbaugh is gone.

14. cfoley33102

cfoley33102 Walk On

Top notch Wazzu

15. Cheez

All you have going for you is a history of magic in our matches against each other. Yes, you have three wins - but you know damn well that in a fair match we win those games.

No magic 3rd and 25 - we get the ball with a minute left in great field position.
    No magic fumble in the last minute - we send it to OT or win in regluation.
    No phantom roughing the passer call - you don't run away late against me.

16. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

What the yell is going on In here?

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

You don't want to know Cole...just leave them be.

18. Jayrah

I forget, so maybe you can remind me... who had already taken the lead up to that point? Oh no wait, I remember! Me! Lol.

Hopefully Rec gives me the opportunity to make it 4-0 in 11. I will just pummel you into next year.

19. Cheez

not in the first game. I had a 14-10 lead. you scored a td on your magical final drive.

20. Jayrah

That was before the magic began

21. Cheez

somehow i doubt that. maybe before it became public knowledge.... but not before it began.

22. Jayrah

Bump. Needed a quick team reminder for inspiration.