After Midnight Game of the Week

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Danthraxxx, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Mar 17, 2011

The start of the After Midnight season is finally here , and while there is not much action in week 1 we do have an interesting PAC12 and BIG10 matchup as our feature game of the week.

Wisconsin travels to Pullman, Washington this week to take on the Cougars. Looking at the match up on paper it would appear that Wisconsin should cruise to an easy victory against the lesser talented Cougars. The # 11 ranked Badgers have a very loaded backfield this season , the addition of QB Russell Wilson gives Wisconsin arguably the most talented backfield in the Big10 , if not the country. The running back tandem of James White on the outside and Montee Ball pounding it inside is hard enough for most teams to deal with but adding in Wilson to boot makes this backfield very exciting on paper. Look for the Badgers to focus on these impact players heavy in this matchup.
    Over on the Washington State side of the ball I would look for a heavy dose of Tuel to Wilson through the air. The Cougs may not have a ton of talent , but this duo will likely put up big numbers this year . The defensive side of the ball will be the key for Washington State this week, as they must be effective up front to compete.

I love a good upset at home , especially when there is 1700miles to travel ........... but unless the young linebackers from Washington State can really step up and make a big impact in the trenches I have Wisconsin winning this one.

Badgers 27 Cougs 14

2. Jayrah

Jayrah Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

May 31, 2010
    I have badgers by 35 lol. Sorry Cougs.

Nice write up.
  3. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs My sole purpose here is to beat recchem2000

Jul 18, 2010
    This game was not even close. Wisconsin's defensive line was just dominated the Cougs offensive line. Final 34-7, and the seven was a garbage touchdown.