After Midnight Season 1 Awards

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Dru50, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Following some sleep deprived deliberation, I've elected to create two awards that we'll vote on following each season. The awards will be named after the winners for season 1, and are based on the following thoughts - "Who did the least with the most" and "Who did the most with the least", or said another way, which coach crapped the bed with an awesome team and which coach did a miraculous job getting water from a stone?

Here are our season 1 candidates:

"Who did the least with the most?" award:
    • @cheez - Cheez had the nations top QB and arguably the best roster out of any user team. He did great vs the CPU and against most user teams, but against the top 3 teams he faced (Penn St, Ohio St and USC) he went 0-4 with a combined score of 127-49.
    • @colemanchu - He had a Wisconsin team that many picked to win the B1G in 2011, but that's not why he's here. He is here due to two crushing defeats early in the season to CPU Oklahoma and CPU Boise St, which really killed any momentum he may have been able to gather for the season.
    "Who did the most with the least?" award:
    • @recchem2000 - Zach took a fairly average :2stars: UCLA squad and got them to 8 wins, utilizing a punishing ground game and an opportunistic defense.
    • @corey volting - He gets the nod due to his successful opening season with MSU with an 11-2 run and a end of season #8 ranking. Combine that with a top 10 recruiting class and it's a very good year.
    Votes received:
    Cheez - 3
    Cole - 3

Recchem - 4
    Corey - 2

Post your choices for each award, those who are nominated can vote for themselves if they want to.:D

Cheez
    Jayrah
    gowazzucougs
    recchem2000
    Roogy
    Danthraxxx
    Corey Volting
    bucsfan047
    JFace907
    whygodwhy1111
    Colemanchu

2. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Least with most goest to Cole
    Most with least goes to Recc

3. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I agree with you both your choices for Least with the Most. If I had to pick one - I'd pick Cheez, just because of how poorly Andrew Luck did. But to be fair, passing is super hard this year, with not much time to throw, and the CPU being way too good at INTs.

I would add Washington State to most with the least. Not because he did super good, but just for having the balls to take a 1 star team, in a rose bowl Dynasty. However my vote goes to Recchem. Because MSU is still a 4 star school so it's not really the least.

4. Dru50

I have to give my votes to Cheez (the blowouts to Ohio St and to USC in the CCG just are killers) and to Recchem.

5. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Least with most is Cole
    Most with least is Recchem

I feel I should get a courtesy vote for most with least, based off of my main players weighing the least of any impact players out there lol, and 3 of my losses were to two 1 loss user teams and the national champion

6. Dru50

Yes - but you are forgetting that somehow EA determined that the worst defense in the Big 10 last year was somehow rated a B+. I factored that into my decision.

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Least with most...Cole. I subbed for dakota in the E with Wisconsin and they are loaded. At least Cheez made it to the CCG.
    Most with least...Corey. Im not voting for myself!

8. Dru50

BTW - there is another user award we will give out each year, but there was no need to vote on this one.

The first winner of the "Cheesiest Stat of the Year" award goes to......

Me, for Brice Butler averaging 40 yards a catch and getting 13 TD's on only 17 catches. This award will henceforth be known as the "Dru50 Cheesiest Stat of the Year Award".

And yes I feel guilty about this stat......well, not really.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Roogy

Roogy Walk On

Least with Most: Cheez...sorry man, but the Luck thing made me laugh last night.
    Most with Least: Michigan State aka Corey Volting

10. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Neither Cheez nor cole lost to a team ranked less than #7

• Like Like x 1
  11. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Least with Most-Cole
    Most with Least-I am not picking recchem, because unlike everyone here I knew he would win 8-9 games at least. I never for once believe he was going to win only 6 games. But for the cough up against Colorado he would have won 10 games. In addition his team really isn't that bad. My vote goes to Jayrah, because frankly if you studied his offensive stats they horrible. It is pretty amazing he won as many games as he did.

12. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

So thats the reason you are sleep deprived, a guilty conscience ;)

13. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

:doodie:

14. Dru50

You can't vote for jayrah, as he was not a finalist.

15. Dru50

Just vote - you aren't going to hurt anyone's feelings.

16. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Least with the most: Cole (I did pick him to win it all, so I have to go here)
    Most with the least: Corey. Lets face it, he has nothing over there, and he turned it into a top ten season. Now, with Baker gone, he has less than nothing... I'm interested to see where it goes.

17. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

And for those of us keeping score at home, here are Andrew Lucks season stats. Maybe this will shed some light on why he stayed....

76-147 (51.7%), 1153 yards (82.35 ypg), 11 TD, 14 INT

• Like Like x 1
  18. gowazzucougs

I am writing him in, because Corey had Michigan State, this team shared the Big 10 title last season. Stewart Mandel believes this team is better than last year's squad, but may fall short of last season's win total because of a harder schedule. Corey did not play with chop liver, if he played with Illinois, Purdue, Iowa, Northwestern then I would give him some serious love.

recchem2000

I know I am :doodie:. Your lying in the weeds nonsense does not work on me.

19. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

This is all true. Thats why I gave my vote to Recchem. Now with Cousins graduating and Baker leaving early, I will be playing with chopped liver. :(

20. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Damn!

21. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

How about the Papa Perry Velveeta Award?

• Like Like x 1
  22. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Least with Most: Cheez- for the destruction of Andrew Lucks draft status
    Most with least: GoWazzuCougs- He Got 2 Wins with WSU: COACH OF THE YEAR!

23. gowazzucougs

Spoken like a true husky

24. Dru50

If you want your vote to not count, more power to ya.

25. Dru50

Make that 2 votes that aren't being counted.

Now if one of you wants to volunteer to run this award going forward I'll be happy to let you pick finalists to your hearts content.