Against the Grain - Current State

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MS8403, Sep 28, 2012.

1. MS8403

MS8403 Walk On

CTfromDC
    Fmode11
    TheGreatCV
    asurob
    GDip
    Kaizer2310

We've lost another member. Unfortunately, Jolts had to step down due to a time crunch. That leaves us with 7 members including myself. I'm in this until I'm the last one left, but I just wanted to put some feelers out to see where everyone's interest level is. In my opinion, I think things will get a lot more interesting once we start getting our recruits on the team.

2. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

I had to drop from the TYF due to various reasons. My intent was to finish the season in ATG, and see about running one more year in the dynasty. I'm kinda in the busy season of work and with my kid afterschool activities, and two madden leagues, my interest in NCAA has faded fast. I hate playing 75% of games against CPU, dealing with the constant no huddle, untacklable players, don't think that's a word but you know what I mean. Just my 2 cents

3. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

I'm in this to stay. I like the 3 day advance as I am also in a premier NCAA and NHL leagues. I do not play madden due to such a high level on involvement - would rather stick to one football game per release. So, I'll be around and running Sparty for as long as we can. If we still can not find more users to join the league and fill out the additional available spots - maybe we should consider merging dynasties? I used to play in 1st and Ten and they just merged the remaining users with Legendary Veterans and look to be going strong. This is my first year here at TSO but I had no idea that Madden was going to destroy half the OD here.

Again - I am always up for helping out. If we want to consider alternative options let me know. I would rather stay with this MSU squad though if at all possible.

4. MS8403

MS8403 Walk On

I definitely want to keep this going. However, I don't have much time to provide a whole lot of content for the dynasty. I'm down for any suggestions and if anyone has any ideas, please post them here. It's all on us to keep this going as strong as possible. I never thought about merging with another dynasty either, it may be something we can look into.

5. TheGreatCV

TheGreatCV Walk On

I know I have kind of disappeared the last 2-3 weeks but I'm still interested in the dynasty. I don't have all the free time as I did with work, girlfriend, and madden, but as long as we keep this league alive, I'll do my best to get my games in. The problem with NCAA is 75% of the games are against the CPU...

6. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

I am reaching out for new members to fill the league. Once we begin to play with guys we recruited there is a lot more value sticking around and turnover reduction.

7. MS8403

MS8403 Walk On

Sounds good!

8. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

9. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

yup

10. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

You going to play your Bowl Game against Virginia?

11. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

I will play it tonight, that will more than likely be the end of the line for me though.

12. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Unfortunate - Trying to get this league back up and humming. Good luck out there

13. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Your making ME feel guilty now, shit! Phuck it, I will stay, I'm not as active as I once was, my hour and a half of gaming goes to Madden most days...Just to put it in perspective, I bought FIFA 13 which is arguably the best damn sports game out, and I have played it twice, NBA 2K13 I finallly opened and got a game in yesterday before the debates. I will try to make more time get involved, I did want to at least see my prospects on the field, Auburn had a hell of recruiting class...Hopefully a gameplay patch comes out that can make it more enjoyable to play the CPU, which is y I think my interest has faded, just cant stand the cheesyness of the CPU...nevertheless, Bowl game will be played tonight, and as far as the off season, whatever is clever, I have no preference on which day it is.

14. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Glad I could twist your arm (y). I went and purchased NHL this year and now the TSO folks are debating on NOT using the GM connected mode is which was the entire reason I bought the game. I like to play user games in NHL and rarely play the computer. This has me a little perturbed.

I thought about FIFA as well but I am also currently beginning to train for an Ironman so my gaming time is limited - especially access time to my xbox vs. my wife! I played the sh*t outta '12 but am no good on manual. I've played cats online and am absolutely amazed at these skill moves I could only wish to pull off. I feel like I would just get dominated consistently here. But the thing about FIFA is the games are QUICK - like NHL. The main beef with NCAA is games take 60-75 minutes a piece. To try and get two games in one night is impossible for me.

But glad you are choosing to stick around. I was hoping to see you in action with that crazy Auburn recruiting class you pulled in. Should give the SEC ( MS8403 and TheGreatCV) hell :rolleyes:

15. TheGreatCV

TheGreatCV Walk On

I know how you feel. I got FIFA the day it was release, and I've played it maybe 8 times, and it is awsome, its fun to actually play the CPU in that game. Hit me up on that if u see me on. Don't drop this league either. What is the bowl scheduel I haven't even looked at what bowl game i'm in. I;ll check that out and play that game in tonight, before the UCF game. (Unless I go to the game). I'm skipping 2K this year. Too busy playing madden, FIFA, NCAA, and work and trying to learn guitar, not enough hours for another video game...

16. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Saw UCF pulled out the game last night. My brother in law is at ECU but they drink more than that follow football there.

You are the last one up on the bowl season. Also, what's your availability for off-season?

17. TheGreatCV

TheGreatCV Walk On

I'll play my game tonight, was watching that game last night. by the time it was done, too drunk to play the CPU lol (I dont' want to lose my bowl game cuz of being drunk).