Agenda for first "radio show"

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Agenda for first "radio show"

Okay, folks, here is the agenda for the first ever (in this incarnation) radio show:

1. Introduction (I'm hoping less than 30 seconds to introduce myself)
    2. Recap of any games that are finished before Sunday at 1 pm central (5-10 minutes of time, gonna go over key stats in game)
    3. Power Rankings by SDunlap from week 4 (giving him 15 minutes to divide up for discussion)
    4. Division by Division discussion (15 minutes)
    5. Questions from the audience (5-10 minutes): Keep it clean and nice, folks. :)
    6. End of show (recap of all that occured, then goodbye) - 2-3 minutes tops

Will hopefully go no longer than an hour. Cause at 3 o'clock the show ends on my side cause I am gonna be watching the Saints on TV. :)

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Well I am not doing a hot seat on the air. it only works for me doing a chat so I can come up with questions and have time to research a host. I say we do the intro and then catch up with all the games and go by divisions talking about whos playing good and not good football. Cover the power rankings. take some calls if anyones on and then wrap it up.

my favorite thing is just going division by division talking about whos good and whos not and after we catch up we can then talk about up coming games and what not.

Its gonna be fun!

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Oh, you're no fun...All right...I'll adjust then.

4. Big D

Big D Walk On

I actually work until 4pm pst this week. So unless we pre-record something I wont be able to do it. I could pre-record something and email it too you.

5. natedawg212000

we could take 'emails' if winuvas wants

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

If you want to email it to me SDunlap I could read it in that segment.

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Bad news on radio front: between lack of contact with home base on restoring voice chat along with some unforseen errands to be run, I will not be able to host the radio show today. Nate, can we see about doing it on Monday or Wednesday? That would work better for me as I can monitor voice chat while at home and I won't have to worry about errands (AKA girlfriend time).

Tentatively rescheduled for Monday, 9 pm, if that is good for you Nate.

8. natedawg212000

Mondays and Wednesdays are all no good for me. I could probably do Monday, Tuesday, Thursday all late night after the family is in bed. Say 10 pm central, Monday after 11 pm central.

9. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Wowsers. Don't know if I can go that late with my schedule. Although I don't necessarily have to host the show, if more people can get on that timeframe than me. Although if we do this, a consistent Wednesday schedule would be best for me, honestly. Or Thursday. Weekends don't work for me as well since:

1. I'm not near the host voice chat system to monitor it.
    2. I'm not having to worry about family as much and spending time with them.

I'll still do my "pick em" podcasts and also, starting next week, I'll do a review of the previous week as well as the picks, if someone else needs to/wants to host the radio show. I just don't know how late I can go, as if we go from 10-11 central that puts me at 5 hours of sleep for the next day, which isn't good for someone who is involved with focusing on counting inventory.

10. natedawg212000

i dont want to host the show, i only want to co-host so please you host it without me and ill do the listening.

11. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I feel sort of bad now. I know you would like to do the recording and editing, Nate. I just can't do that late schedule.

I think Wednesdays would be best to do the radio show. Mondays is Monday Night Football (which everyone has their favorite team that might be playing on Monday night), Tuesdays I can't do it as I have prior obligations. Wednesdays are pretty free for me after work. I can even take a nap and do it later in the night so a shorter sleep schedule won't affect me as much the next day.

That being said, let's try for Wednesday, 10 pm central. And if Nate cannot host with me, anyone else want to? Preferrably someone who can record as well, as when I run the voice chat on my laptop, the audio program (Audacity) doesn't seem to pick up my mic if I set it up to pick up other noises. It's quite aggravating.

12. natedawg212000

wednesdays and mondays are my WORSE days. I have cell or church on Wednesdays and Youth service on Mondays.

13. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

What about Thursday then, same time? Sorry I honestly forgot that you said Wednesdays was bad.