Aggressive D-line Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Aug 7, 2010.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Aggressive D-line Discussion

I wanted to clear something up before any more user games. Is changing your defensive line to aggressive in game-plan settings allowed? I think it should be all the way banned or have no limitations on use, being that if it is allowed "only when it is logical to do so" will always create conflict imho. Maybe not.

I gather from this thread: http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26936

that Hova and Keller think it should be banned, but there was never a consensus in that thread or an official word from Masler.

2. priestmvp

priestmvp FOOTBALL!!!!

I thought we had to leave the gameplan settings alone.

3. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

This is from the rules:

Game Play (General): Wide Receivers and Tight Ends should be the main target for the passing game, Running Backs should not. Users should mix up playcalling. Offensive audibles may be used as long as no more than one player moves laterally. As a league we have decided not to use Run/Pass commit on defense. Changing "Gameplan Settings" is also prohibited (leave everything set on "Balanced").

According to that ALL settings are banned along with run and pass commit. Everything should be kept on balanced.

4. priestmvp

priestmvp FOOTBALL!!!!

yep that's what i thought

5. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I'm guilty of using big run=conservative late in games.

I've also pass committed in user games occasionally, my bad.

We need a final ruling so its 100% clear.

6. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

We do need a final ruling. I think the one thing that should be allowed is conservative game tempo when you are killing someone in the 4th.

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

Everything is BANNED. lol leave everything on Balanced

8. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Tempo change is still allowed when blowing someone out or trying to catch up though right?

9. fuzzyl0gic

I'm a little confused by this.

The sole purpose in me making this thread was to address this rule:

"As a league we have decided not to use Run/Pass commit on defense. Changing "Gameplan Settings" is also prohibited (leave everything set on "Balanced")."

You responded thusly:

then Ryno chimed in:

then you replied:

So when exactly did they revert back to the rules for gameplan settings (prohibited) from last year? (n)

10. FacePlant City

Well, can't we make up our own rules when it comes to this?

I don't think that it will affect much if we ban it. If it is effecting anyone's entire gaming experience, then you are pretty damn dependent on it.

Again, I think the prohibition makes sense other than game tempo at appropriate times and conservative running for when up by a small lead, etc.

Just my opinion though.

11. fuzzyl0gic

I personally wouldn't mind everything being banned either (sans conservative when appropriate), but I just wanted some clarification. I have been guilty of using aggressive d-line and the occasional pass commit as I thought it was allowed going by that thread I previously referenced.

12. Hova

Agressive Dline should never be allowed. It's complete garbage and still is. You NEVER jump off sides AT ALL and jump the snap damn near every play

13. fuzzyl0gic

Yeah I've felt cheap using it and I vow to never use it again. It has minimal risk and a lot of reward as you've said. I really don't see a strong argument against prohibiting setting your running or tackling on d to conservative if you wish to do so.

14. FacePlant City

Gotcha. Well, hopefully Masler gives us that.

15. Masler

Masler Moderator

Yea my bad I forgot I posted that. For now I am only banning Aggressive D-Line, and yes conservative should be used in the appropriate situations. Everything else is a go until problems are found.

16. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

What about Pass Commit etc?

17. Masler

Masler Moderator

I think we should ban that as well. It makes the CPU nearly unable to pass, run commit I haven't really ever done myself but I have pass committed if I'm sure it's a pass, but I do notice the CPU gets shut down.

I don't like how people are still blowing out the CPU even with the new sliders. Not sure what some of you guys are doing but no one should really be blowing people out unless you are truely that good. I'm using the same sliders as in The Legacy and people over there are losing/barey winning all the time. I myself barely beat Virginia with Miami the other day.

You are allowed to win but I never expected to see so many ranked users the first season so I hope you are all playing fairly vs the CPU. User games have been good so far, with a few complaints but losses happen. So should we make this even harder or what? I want a group consensus about this.

18. Hova

I think these sliders are slightly off from Legacy. Have to be. Ill compare them on the game later to make sure.

19. Masler

Masler Moderator

I copied everything straight from the Rules/Description section of The Legacy, unless you did not update them with the most recent tweaks.

20. FacePlant City

I just felt the sliders a lot. Penn State killed me. SOOOO frustrating.

21. Masler

Masler Moderator

Not saying you are bad, which you aren't but NW getting killed by Penn St is normal (I will most likely feel this loss badly as well, probably ruin my bowl hopes). But Boston College vs Wake Forest should have been a close battle IMO.

22. FacePlant City

Right. I think why I am so frustrated is that another user had killed PSU really easily.

If that hadn't of happened, I would've been content with the realistic outcome.

I'm good with it now.

23. Hova

They are the same except I have CPU pass block on 55.

24. Masler

Masler Moderator

Hmmm i dont get why some are doing so well on offense then

25. priestmvp

priestmvp FOOTBALL!!!!

Wakes' running game was really good. Usually took about 3 of my guys to tackle their RB lol but their pass game struggled. Some turnovers killed them.