Aggressive gameplans and Run commits

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by EnvyZero, Jul 23, 2010.

1. EnvyZero

EnvyZero Walk On

Aggressive gameplans and Run commits

Are these ok to use?

Last year in most dynastys they banned run commits and aggressive gameplans because there was very little downside to doing it.

From what I have seen so far run commits look more balanced this year.

and I certainly won't be turning up Big Hits to aggressive any time soon my guys need the tackling bonus from conservative too badly.

2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I hate all the gameplans, like I said int eh other thread... leave it up to the ratings.

And I have run commit banned in my league.

3. sreese

sreese Walk On

I think as of now all are legal. But if we find that its to much then we will change the rules or settings.

4. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I think run commit is fine this year. You commit to the wrong side and you get burned. Plus, it opens up some big holes, and unless you blitz through that whole, the offense is probably going to get 5 yards if he's able to cut it through there.

Aggressive game planning isn't too bad right now because everyone's teams are bad... so you can't really run aggressive.

5. sreese

sreese Walk On

I totally agree with both of the above statements.

6. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I have not tested out this years version, but aggressive D-Line broke the game for me last year. ( it would only allow the AI to jump offsides twice all game and gave 5 + sacks a game)

Run commit use to be bad because of what it did to the passing. AI Blocking fails (they try to block non pass rushers and let the DLinemen have free pass), Instant sacks, and LBers that would INT balls at the line of scrimmage when you try to make a quick throw.

I don't know if these have been fixed

7. Korenth

Korenth Walk On

I agree with the comments about last year...still of the fence about this years...seems like aggressive D still dosn't pull people off sides as much as it should, but that could be fixed with adjusting the penelty slider as opposed to disallowing it completely. I havn't used run commit this year...pass commit on a pass play really shuts things down, but gives up 7+ yards on a basic run play.

8. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

There was a mechanic in ncaa 2010 that would kick you out of an online multiplayer game if you went off sides too man times. Thus it was built into the multiplayer that the AI would stop going offsides if you were in danger of being kicked for offsides. Eventhough online dynasty multiplayer did not kick ppl out of the game for offsides, the mechanic was still there.

9. Wick36

I believe they fixed that for this year.

10. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Aggressive D-line is dominate. No reason not to use it if you can. I think we should get rid of it.

11. Korenth

Korenth Walk On

doesn't seemt to produce offsides like it should....that is one that probably will go when we make the slider canges and all...hoping to do that around week 6

12. Wick36

I wouldn't make any slider changes until after the end of the season. That's when big changes should be made, in my opinion. Others may feel differently.

And it will produce offsides ( or people jumping, which makes it so you can snap when they're not ready )... but you need to hard count, which a lot of people don't seem to do.

13. Korenth

Korenth Walk On

I guess I'm meaning that I can set it to agressive and never be pulled offsides, particuarly by the computer. Didn't happen in my user game either..can't recall if he hard counted, though.

14. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I hard counted against you a few times... I don't think it was enough times to really draw a conclusion tho.