Agressive Game Planning

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by HackGolfer, Nov 20, 2009.

1. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Agressive Game Planning

I have thought long and hard about this and even had some discussions with other Commishes and the Admin about it..

Thanks to EA failing at another aspect of the game -- the feature of agressive game planning tends to be more cheese than it does add a better component to the game.. There is no risk/reward for using Big Hit, Jump Snap, etc.. because guys arent getting a higher risk of face mask/offside penalties..

So starting this season -- all agressive game planning will be banned in all games (User or CPU). You can still however, use the Conservative Game Plan if you wish.. I know a few of you guys will not agree with this decision, but its the right thing to be done.. If it were more realistic "risk" wise, Id be all for it.. so I am optimistic looking ahead to 2011 that those little features will be tweaked to fit real life, but I doubt we will be so fortunate..

Post here so I know you have read and understand..

2. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Read by me

3. AAthletics

AAthletics Walk On

We can't big hit? That is one of the funnest parts of the game in my opinion.... lining up on defense and crushing somebody. Also, the risk is that you miss and the other guy takes it to the house. Believe me, I have missed lots of times against the computer and users. Also, if you try to big hit and the other guy user the truck stick, your guy can miss the tackle completely or you DB just bounces off the running back. Also, I have been recruiting players for the last two years that have high hit power for the purpose of big hitting. I never use jump snap, so that isn't a big deal to me (and you can't recruit for jump snap). I don't think taking out big hit makes sense, cause there is a risk/reward scenario.

4. AAthletics

AAthletics Walk On

We can't big hit? That is one of the funnest parts of the game in my opinion.... lining up on defense and crushing somebody. Also, the risk is that you miss and the other guy ane he takes it to the house. Believe me, I have missed lots of times against the computer and users. Also, if you try to big hit and the other guy user the truck stick, your guy can miss the tackle completely or you DB just bounces off the running back. I never use jump snap, so that isn't a big deal to me. I don't think taking out big hit makes sense, cause there is a risk/reward scenario.

5. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

U can still user big hit with the hit stick. The difference is it comes down to user skill rather than relying on the AI. So get your stick flickin ringer in shape!

6. AAthletics

AAthletics Walk On

Ahhh gotcha, your saying we just can't use the aggressive settings for the AI, but we can manually do stuff. That is cool me then. My bad, I misunderstood.

7. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

understood.

8. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

check and mate.

9. BG

BG On The Rize!

I am a little confused about which one of the aggressive game plans your referring to. Do you mean the agressive game planning during play calling or before the snap of the football. For example, a lot of people like to do that agressive run blitz on down where they think your goes to run it. Is this the the one your referring to. Or is it the one with the blue, pink, and green checks. Just want to under stand what everyone is agreeing to!!!

10. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

hes talking about the box thats shows up right after coin toss and before kickoff. its the one where you use triangle for aggressive x for normal square for conservative. not bout play calling.

11. BG

BG On The Rize!

Sounds good to me!!!

12. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

It's always funny reading this and then in a user game seeing an opposing teams running back plow through a DE and then drag a LB for an extra 3 yards "without" using aggressive running. At least this happens in another league im in... i haven't played a game in this one so who knows. Either way there's nothing i can do about it or anyway to prove it so i have to adjust.

13. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

huh?............

14. AAthletics

AAthletics Walk On

I never used the aggressive attack on offense, but I could run guys over and drag them for yards all the time, just because my running back was a stud.

15. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

I don't necessarily agree with it but who am I? I'm down.