Agressive Gamplan

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bravejaf, May 2, 2010.

?

Should aggressive gameplan be allowed

Poll closed May 7, 2010.
  1. Yes, it should be allowed but must be mixed in

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, it should be banned completely

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Agressive Gamplan

I was just trying to get people's perspective on aggressive gameplan settings. Of course using them all the time is banned but should these setting be allowed at all?

Poll closes on Wednesday, before week 2 when user matches start. This vote will directly impact the way the league operates, so make sure to participate. Feel free to voice your opinion below.

2. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I think it should be allowed under the condition that aggressive settings are only used when necessary. I've never observed it negatively effecting game play, and if anything it gives big plays to the offense (big catches, facemask, etc.)

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I have two thoughts on this.

We removed the use of aggressive settings in the Trifecta and I think everyone has been pretty pleased with the results. It makes playing defense more about strategy and stick skills and less about some background AI setting. It also removes inevitable arguments when someone thinks their opponent isn't 'mixing it up' enough to their liking.

If you are going to have any kind of rule involving gameplan adjustments, there should be a rule that everyone must be signed up for season showdown. I've played people who are not and you have no way of verifying if they are jumping the snap and/or pass committing on every play. If there are going to be people not signed up for season showdown, then you might as well just let everyone turn everything on aggressive all the time.

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I was planning on making that a rule anyways, since pass/run commit are already banned. I had not gotten around to making that point yet. As for aggressive gameplan, I'm going to agree with leaving it off. I do use it other leagues but for that reason I know the risk/reward on some items is not equal. The biggest problem is defensive line jump snap. You can leave this online the entire game and the most you can get is 2 offsides penalties (in user matches). The other items are a little better balanced. Agressive strip ball leads to a facemask penalty about 50% of the time in my experience. Tackling is improved when big hit is turned off.

5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I voted to allow it. But I do agree with Dru, if its banned, its one less thing to cause trouble. Sad as that may be....

6. fuzzyl0gic

I suppose it does get crazy sometimes (the AI) when momentum is going your opponent's way, throwing INTs while trying to come back is no fun. I've never play in a dynasty with a rule mandating no aggressive settings so I have nothing to compare it to, maybe it would be better.

7. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

What I found is that the aggressive settings tend to become a crutch for most people when the normal play isn't working, myself included. It became very noticable when I was playing user games and had to rethink my defensive strategy or who I was controlling when my defense struggled, rather than just relying on changing some of the gameplan settings to aggressive.

I'll play with it set either way, but IMO if it's in you should just let people leave it on all game if they want, since inevitably the commish will hear complaints about someone not 'mixing it up'. I speak from experience on that point.

8. fuzzyl0gic

Yeah, I see your point. There would undoubtedly be some arguments about who is "mixing" it up enough, so it either needs to be prohibited or allowed unconditionally.

9. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

I'm not in the league yet, but my personal opinion is that the aggressive gameplanning just ruins the game, but there are counters to it (thankfully) if we in fact do go that route.

10. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

If i use it at all I change the zone drops and have my DB jump the route. It is more of a hinderance than a benefit. I don't care but I voted against it.

11. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Same here. Changing the depth of zones and maybe adjusting DBs to go for INTs occasionally (though I usually go opposite since I always end up playing with poor pass defense teams) is about the extent I go when it comes to these aggressive settings.