Agressive play calling

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Dj391, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Agressive play calling

Since the commish cant do it on his own who thinks this should be banned just got done goin through a whole game with someone using it lost playin fair but anyway vote here i guess

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

aggressive game plans is something that has been banned in some leagues on TF, while others it hasnt. I will leave it up to a majority vote in this leauge. Everyone should vote on if they want it banned or not.

3. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I vote no on the banning. There is a risk reward to it. It may work for him this week but not next week.

4. Hova

1 vote for yes, 1 vote for no

we need more input people

5. Hova

1 vote for yes, 1 vote for no

we need more input people

6. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

I vote yes

7. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

No sense in usin it its cheese period wins much higher than risk when done all game

8. I think I'm voting no, if you go conservative in your play calling you can offset it (IE if he's trying to strip the ball go conservative on Big Run and you most likely won't fumble) The way I see it, if you see your opponent is aggressive in a particular area then go conservative to counteract it and they offset. I personally never go aggressive b/c of all the penalties that come and kill drives.

9. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

to offset it permanantly everyone just plays normal no conservative no agressive just straight up fair game

10. therevK29

therevK29 Guest

I vote no... As a poster above said, it's risk/reward. You were up 10-0 in our game because I couldn't stop you. I changed to aggressive and it worked. It's not as if the game plan forces you into mistakes. You were throwing into coverage when pressured which led to picks. I'm sorry you lost, but let's be real and quit making excuses as to why you lost.

11. Hova

This thread will be only for voting yes or no, do not post back in forth about issues between one another

12. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

you just admited without agressive play call u couldnt stop me so how is that not why i lost and i was up 14-3 but ok

13. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

and i threw 2 picks at the most and only cuz ur line all of a sudden became unstoppable to my oline due to ur aggressive play call u didnt win off picks cuz ur offense couldnt do shit til again u went to aggressive u proved my point for me, u wouldnt have stopped me or won without aggressive play call

14. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

i'm torn on this issue b/c i seldom use it, but when i do i'm usually doing play tight zones. if its such a big issue why not just only be allowed to use it say, inside of two minutes only?

as far as the vote goes, i think i vote no.

15. well as a team (minnesota) that is less talented then the michigans and ohio sts of the world, aggressive playcallling can help level the playing field. If he couldn't stop you and then went aggressive I think thats a good adjustment and shows he's a smart coach. It adds another element to the game and lets less talented teams make plays if they have smart coaches who make adjustments. A definite No here.

16. Hova

4- No
    1- Yes

waiting on the rest of the members

17. Hova

4- No
    1- Yes

waiting on the rest of the members

18. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

ook say i use it against a lesser team like u have blow ur ass out then wat u will get pissed as hell because i have the better team and i used it? that makes no sense if ur a good coach u can coach ur team to win without focusing on aggressive play call doesnt matter the team

19. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

2 yes including u

20. Hova

it doesn't matter to me, i play in leagues with both settings. The only thing i find cheesy is the amount of strips you get but you can easily counter it with conservative play on big run. If someone is set to all aggressive and your set to all conservative it balances out everything.

21. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

it dont balance it out cause it limits your big play cause its conservative like ur gonna play that way all game? u use aggressive all game ur bound to get things goin ur way its just dumb to me and some logics about it are confusing to me you dont use it but its ok for others to use it and u vote no, then you say it levels the playin field its an unfair advantage then if i use it then

22. Hova

Anyone ive ever played who used aggressive on me has lost, they fumbled on offense and get penaltys all day on defense. If your all conservative and there all aggressive there is no unfair advantage. Your big play is down while there tackle miss is up which equals the same things. Its comes out to like nothing is on.

23. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

its different if u focus it on stuff besides that u dont gotta focus on strippin and big hits, but ok

24. therevK29

therevK29 Guest

I threw three interceptions against MSU last night... Can we change everything around so that doesn't happen anymore? DJ, no need to fly off the handle... I said good game at the end and I still mean it, whether you feel it was or not. It's in the books.

25. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

i said good game back and i aint flyin off it aint just u dont take it that way ive been sayin this from day one its not somethin i agree with doin or think should be done but it was a good game