AG's Varsity Slider Set

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Archie Griffin, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

AG's Varsity Slider Set

I'm looking for some opinions. My guys have been playing a set somewhat like this one, but I've been testing this set for the start of the next season. So far, I've had great results. By great, I mean I get beat from time to time. I get kind of tired of all the slider sets that offer the appearance of a challenge, but without delivering any real chance of losing. I'm looking for a set that makes each week a real problem. Nine out of ten leagues will put a set in place that generates a user vs. CPU loss once or twice a season. Depending on who is playing who, I'm looking to generate one or two a week. Have a look at what I put together, play them a bit, and let me know what you think.

So far, the big issues have been CPU players breaking tackles and difficulty running out of the spread. I'd like to see what guys with varying levels of skill can do with them. I think they're pretty tough. I'd like to see what the rest of TF thinks. Here we go:

Edited 8\19 - Changes Highlighted in green and red

Sliders & Settings
    Column 1 Column 2
    Difficulty: Varsity
    Quarters: 8 mins
    Threshold: 10

Sliders
    Offense HUM CPU[/U][/B]
    QB Accuracy 5 (-5) 40 (-5)
    Pass Block 50 55 (+5)
    WR Catching 35 45
    RB Ability 45 50
    Run Blocking 30 70
    Defense HUM CPU[/U][/B]
    Pass Coverage 45 60 (+10)
    Pass Rush 100 100
    Interceptions 80 90
    Rush Defense 20 100
    Tackling 15 55
    Special Teams HUM CPU[/U][/B]
    FG Power 5 5
    FG Accuracy 25 45
    P Power 20 55
    P Accuracy 55 70
    Kickoff Power 25 45

All I ask is that feedback come only from those who bother to play them a bit. Those who see the word "varsity" and start offering opinions based only on that don't really need to speak up. I already know all the ready-made criticisms.

Thanks guys,

AG

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Your on the same train I'm on... I hate seeing every user in the top ten... kills the sim approach for me... but you have more nuts than I have... I have a varsity set as well... just thought I'd get crucified by putting it up on here:) with all these sim heads... I'll give these a try and post results later after a league game or two... may even try to record it for you.

3. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I'll give these a try too as soon as I have some time.

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Also, most sliders sets are including penalty sliders that max most things, but leave holding, clipping, and facemask at or near 50. I also drop the false start slider,since I've had the CPU jump seven or eight snaps in a row, and I had no way to stop them.

5. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

My guys are saying they're having a pretty easy time in the passing game. I might bump CPU coverage 5-10, to tighten things up. That, the high pressure, and the high INT rating for the CPU, and we should have a tougher time throwing the ball.

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Another possible solution here is to drop user QB ACC to five. Might drop the CPU QB ACC as well, since I'm getting lit up by guys who don't really have the best arms.

7. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

the way i try to think about the sliders is "what i see on saturday is what I want for the dynasty". so i've taken alot of slider sets and tweek them to the setting my dynasty needs. What i would do is start the game with the sliders u got suggested and just tweek what u think is too much advantage for the comp and what u need for the User.
    I know that if u drop yr user acc then trying to hit crossing routes is not going to be easy and u will either get overthrows or alot of picks if the cpu DB's are in the right position.

I'll test them out and post results.

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Passing accuracy changes might require a drop in the CPU INT rating, and maybe in the user rating as well. If we see a large number of picks on either side of the ball, I'll probably drop this a bit, especially since I'm trying to close gaps in the coverage.

9. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

I thought they played pretty good. I played a half using them

10. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Thanks. I appreciate the time.

Anybody else get the chance to put a few quarters in? I'm curious to see if people other than myself find them realistic.