AirForceOne.com

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by nrg_qbz-_-, Aug 15, 2010.

1. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

AirForceOne.com

Air Force Stumbles Against Boise State 14-31

Air Force squared off against the #1 team in the nation and was dominated from beginning to end. Quick three-and-outs resulted in Boise State jumping to a 10-0 lead in the first quarter. "To be honest, our defense was amazing in that first quarter," said Coach Nguyen. "Actually, I thought they were great for most of the game. Our offense just happened to put them in horrible field positions time and again. It is troubling."

Air Force managed to cut the score to 7-10 with just 90 seconds to go heading into halftime, but Boise State answered with a methodical drive down the field to go up 17-7. Boise State would add to that lead and go up 31-7 after the third quarter. Once again, turnovers and horrid field position was the undoing for the Falcons. Kellen's accurate arm couldn't have hurt either. "Geez Louise! How many 3rd and long did we force them into today? Each time Kellen delivered for them. If we could have forced a punt here or there, things might have been different," said CB Rembert. "We probably still would have lost, but it might have been more respectable. They just outclassed us."

The play of the game was when Jefferson was picked off for the second time in the game. Derrell Acrey took the interception and rumbled for 70+ yards the other way, only to trip on his shoelace before he could hit paydirt. He stumbled face first into the dirt and rolled around before stopping to do grass angels. Acrey had no comment. Afterwards, Jefferson and company roared down the field to score a meaningless TD with zero time remaining on the clock.

This was definitely a humbling debut for Coach Nguyen. "How in the world do we have 19 rush attempts for 0 yards? That is embarassing," said coach Nguyen. "At least the fans got a chance to see our aerial attack. They are going to see a lot more of that, especially if we can't muster up an inch or two per rush."

[YOUTUBE]QjG3N5BbhXg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]VBreJb2L8gI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]QkyIdt6UjS0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]RCJ0TK455YI[/YOUTUBE]

2. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Air Force Downed by the Aztecs

Air Force Loses to San Diego State, 7-20

If Coach Nguyen's intent was to silence his critics after the lost to Boise State, he sure did not do so in a devasting loss to San Diego State. Nguyen promised an aerial attack, but his QB could not deliver. Tim Jefferson missed his receivers all day, as the fans booed him wildly after he continued to overthrow and completely miss his wide receivers time and again. "Tim had a rough day. No need to beat the kid when he is down. He is a tough individual...he'll bounce back from this." The Falcons can only hope so, as Jefferson finished 19-44 passing for 257 yards and 3 int's.

After a slow first half which saw the Aztecs go up 5-0, Air Force was able to take the lead on a 3-yard td run by Asher Clark. Air Force was able to stop San Diego State on 4 and inches from the goal-line twice during the first half. "Once again, I cannot say enough about our defense," said defensive captain Rembert. "Those two stops were huge. Too bad it wasn't enough."

The play of the game began during the 3rd quarter. On a busted coverage, Tim Jefferson amazingly overthrew a streaking wide receiver that could have waltzed into the endzone for a 99 yard TD pass. Instead, Jefferson sailed it out of bounds. "I wish I could have that one back. There was absolutely no one around him. Unbelievable," said a disheartened Jefferson. On the very next play, Jefferson dumped the ball to his 3rd option, except the ball ended up in the hands of ROLB Cody Galae, who took it in 1 yard for the touchdown. The Aztecs would score one more time to take a 20-7 lead heading into the final quarter.

Try as they might, the Aztec could not move the ball downfield in the 4th quarter. What was more baffling was a complete lack of a running game for the second consecutive week. "We're not passing the ball, we're not running the ball. There is a lot not going on right now. We'll go back to the drawing board and figure something out," said coach Nguyen.

With TCU next on the schedule, the Falcons better find a way to straighten themselves out quickly.​

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Don't give up hope NRG! I would get the ball in the hands of Asher Clark, he is a premier back in the league. With a speedy QB and below avg. offensive line maybe spreading out the defense and running plays involving Jefferson and Asher will work to your advantage. The good thing about having a shitty O line is that you can use the defense's aggressiveness against themselves. Good Luck!

4. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Thanks for the advice Emm. At this stage in the season, I am trying to figure out what works and what can be improved upon. Going up against user games in Boise State and TCU definitely makes you learn quick(y)

5. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Air Force Shot Down by TCU

In a game that was never in doubt, the TCU Horn Frogs handed Air Force another loss as they continue to stumble over the last month. Tim Jefferson had one of his better passing games, going 13/21 for 246 yards. However, he had no touchdowns and two picks. His counterpart Andy Dalton was an efficient 8/12 and two TD's. Dalton did not to pass much, since running back Matthew Tucker did most of the damage.

Tucker broke through tackles all day on his route to a ridiculous 258 yards rushing on 21 carries. Highlights include 68 and 80 yard touchdown runs. "It was embarassing. Not wrapping guys up, not containing the offense and keeping them in front of us...that's not Air Force football," said CB Rembert. "They had their way with us. We knew the run was coming but couldn't stop Tucker. He just wanted it more than us."

There is still optimism from coach Nguyen, who has yet to get a win since taking over the program early in the season. "Tim threw for over 200 yards. In addition, we ran the ball for over 100 yards for the first time in a month," said coach Nguyen. "The guys are slowly getting it. The fans might not see it yet, but we're getting to where I want them to be."

[YOUTUBE]HEfmCSOtRqY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ecUos4AZygg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]DAVs74pq9NA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]FJzEBaKpjwM[/YOUTUBE]​

6. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Air Force Hammered Again​

With a bowl game out of reach, Air Force is searching for anything these days to use as motivation. After their 20-45 loss to Utah, the players had no answers. "It has been a disappointing season. There has been growing pains with the new offense, no doubt," said QB Tim Jefferson. "I apologize for my plays in recent weeks."

Offensive struggles aside, it must be noted that the defense hasn't been particular stellar either. Missed tackles and blown coverages were seen throughout the loss to Utah. "When we're not scoring and constantly going 3 and out...that just puts too much pressure on the defense," said Coach Nguyen. "Regardless, we have to step up to the challenge. No excuses."

Utah passed for over 200 yards and got even more yards on the ground. Once again, Jefferson failed to complete 50 percent of his passes, although he did run for over 100 yards. Air Force came out and took the first lead of a game on a 2 yard run by Asher Clark. Utah would elimnate all doubts by scoring the next 5 TD's and totally demoralized the Falcons.

Can the Falcons overcome one of their worst seasons in recent memory? Will they find a stable building block for next year? Stay tuned.

[YOUTUBE]UGYXHHIH1P0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]5MgUV02a44w[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]aKdqyYfKd_8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]sKQlgu3h2Zk[/YOUTUBE]​

7. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Air Force Ends Downward Spiral, Defeats Army 21-6

Coach Nguyen soaked the scene in and let out a collective sigh as his players carried him on their shoulders. The new coach for the Falcons tasted victory for the first time since his controversial hire over a month ago. In an intense slugfest againt rival Army, the Falcons came out the victors as the rain poured down relentlessly throughout the game. "It was crazy out there. Guys were sliding all over the place. Both teams tried so hard man," said CB Rembert. "This win means a lot to our program."

Air Force escaped the first quarter with a 7-0 lead, highlighted by Tim Jefferson's TD pass to WR Jon Lee. Under heavy scrutiny since being forced to throw early and often in the offense, Jefferson showed the accuracy and decision making that was missing in recent weeks. "Things are starting to slow down for me. Coach never gave up on me, neither did my teammates," said Jefferson. "We don't have much to play for with no bowl game opportunities? We have everything to play for. Our team will build on this win."

The Falcons would push the lead to 21-0 by halftime with TD catches by WR Kyle Halderman and FB Jared Tew. The second half was an absolute defensive battle, as Air Force was happy to punt and play defense. "The guys never gave up. This is the type of hustle that I know this team is capble of," said coach Nguyen. "This game was not pretty, but I enjoyed every minute of it." Still, the Falcons have to be disappointed at not getting the shut-out, as Army scored a TD with 8 seconds left. "I'll make them clean up the field tomorrow," said a smiling coach Nguyen.

[YOUTUBE]ZHXIqqOEJ1A[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]zXIffkIjF7g[/YOUTUBE]​

8. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Nicely done on the win coach NRG...well deserved

9. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Air Force Loses in a Heartbreaker Against UNM

1st Downs: 43 vs 21

Total Yards: 433 vs 285

Time of Possession: 19:04 vs 8:56

On paper, Air Force should have won the game. However, the outcome is determined on the field. With that being said, the Falcons are left wondering how they managed to lose this game.

As has been the story the whole entire season, the Falcon's offensive line could not open up holes for their RB and QB, as their main stars rushed 32 times for a measly 61 yards. Tim Jefferson continues to struggle with his accuracy, finishing 17/42 passing for 0 TD's and 1INT.

UNM scored early in the first quarter with a pick-6. Air Force would answer to even out the score heading into halftime. An Asher Clark TD in the 3rd put Air Force ahead, but the extra point was missed. This would prove costly in the end. Unable to move the ball, UNM QB BR Holbrook somehow managed to run for a 41 yard TD, eluding tacklers and even throwing one defender away as if he was a ragdoll.

Unfazed, Tim Jefferson took the Falcons down the field on a 12-play, 4 minute drive. With seconds left, and the game hanging in the balance, kicker Erik Soderberg tried to make amends for his earlier extra point gaffe. However, he again missed an important kick. Game over.

In a season with few highlights, the Falcons must try to find a way to hold their heads up. "It's been a long season, but I like the improvements that I have seen. It may not show up in the win column, but there are positive things happening here," said Coach Nguyen.

[YOUTUBE]RgXdOt37Jqk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]scHbLYqXUeg[/YOUTUBE]​