AJC: Falcons get win over Saints

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by MrWitness36, Nov 27, 2013.

1. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

Both teams coming into todays matchup in need of a early season makeover. As things begin to clear up in the NFC South satnding board.

The birds defense knew this would be a good game with a matchup vs fututre hall of fame qb Drew Brees. With Orleans in a slump nothing with boost there morale better than a upset win over arch rivals Falcons. Brees didn't have a great throwing 4 ints with a completion rate slightly under 50%. One thing the Saints rock at was 3rd down conversion at 83%. Saints offense was giving the Falcons a good run for there money.

After a 4 int game Matt Ryan would love to get things back in check by getting the win. This game was a low for Matty Ice in passing attempts, and yards but impressive numbers. Completion rate of 86% things was going well for Matt after a long week of film watching. Both Qb's played with heart getting the job done, but homefield crowd helped make it tougher on Brees.

Falcons had the lead for most of the game the biggest question was can the ground game help them maintain it. In which Jacquizz Rodgers had his best game of the season getting over 100 yards helping the Birds keep the clock rolling.

STATS

DREW BREES 15/27 192 YDS 1 TD 4 INT
    KEESHAWN DEEN 12 ATT 51 YDS
    MARQUES COLSTON 5 REC 67 YDS 1 TD
    JOHN JENKINS 9 TACK 1 SACK

MATT RYAN 13/15 179 YDS 2 TD
    JACQUIZZ RODGERS 26 ATT 124 YDS 1 TD
    JULIO JONES 4 REC 96 YDS 2 TD
    ASANTE SAMUEL 3 TACK 1 INT

GG and best of luck for the remaining of the season pittrocks43

• Like Like x 2
  2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Nice win, Lawon. Puts you back at .500 and back within reach of the division leading Buccaneers. Any play(s) in particular that put you on top of the Saints in this one?

3. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

I knew I probably forgot to write up something especially plays. I cant remember in any particular order but Julio caught a hitch and broke a tackle for maybe a 25 yard play that help me keep a small lead. Play action pass deep bomb pass to julio for a 50+ yard touchdown burnt the safety help spread the game away a little bit.

• Like Like x 2