Akron prevails in the INT bowl.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Goose, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Goose

Goose Walk On

Jul 20, 2010
    These two team combined for 9 INT's in this tightly contested ball game. Akron used a 96 yard kickoff return by freshman RB Quentin Griffin to start the second half to take the lead for good. These two teams were very evenly matched throughout the day.

San Jose State opened the scoring on their third drive of the day, capitalizing on Buhagiar INT deep in Akron territory. On third and 2 Stewart hit Grigsby on a slant for the 11 yard TD strike. Akron didn't get phased as they drove down the field and scored on a 10 yard play action fake to Kenny Sconiers. 7-7 at the end of the first quarter.

Both offenses moved the ball decently in the second quarter but both Akron drives were marred with INT's. San Jose State managed a 42 yard field goal to take a 10-7 lead into the lockerrooms. Coach Goose must have really lit a fire under his players at halftime as Quentin Griffin took the second half kick off 96 yards to the house giving Akron a 14-10 lead. Then the Akron D picked off Stewart on 2 of the Spartans 3 third quarter drives. The teams moved to the final stanza with the score still 14-7.

On the first play of the fourth quarter on 1st and ten Thomas hit Sconiers on a 57 yard fly pattern as he barely got by the Spartan press coverage. 21-10 Akron with 7:53 left in the game, but all San Jose State could muster was a 37 yard field goal on there next posession. The Zips D was able to pick off Stewart twice more to end the game.

Freshman QB Brian Thomas went 7 of 17 for 167 yards with 2 TDs and 3 INTs for Akron

San Jose State QB Dasmen Stewart ended the day 7 of 22 for 80 yards with 1 TD and 5 INTS

Broderick Alexander ended the day with 70 yards rushing on 16 carries.

San Jose athletic Freshman had a promising day, Andrew Johnson ran for 88 yards on 16 carries.

The Freshman phenom's in the Safety positions wrestled 3 picks from Spartan wideouts as Mike White had 2 picks and Gerald Romero had 1.

PS. Awesome sim game by the Ravishing one. I'll play ya anytime. Hell of a fun game.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Jul 8, 2009
    Hell yeah. And hell no! Hell yeah it was a great game and I had a lot of fun. Hell no! because I need 6 wins by my calculations (early) to keep my job. Best of luck.