Al Golden to Miami

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by ChildPlease9, Dec 12, 2010.

1. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Shocker, to me at least.

You'd think at Miami you could have done better. Sure, Golden may have turned around Temple...but with Leach, Tuberville, Edsall, and Sumlin, among others, interested...I just don't know about this one.

2. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

I was really hoping for Marc Trestman or Edsall . Hopefully Golden works out for us though. Not sure about what schemes he ran at temple but I hope he moves us in the right direction.

3. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

I'm guessing he's a 3-4 guy after serving under Groh at Virginia. Judging from their offensive numbers last season, it looks like a run-first offense.

4. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Miami doesn't have the funds, facility or willing to pay but they want to be a top 10 team....

"UF hires first choice within 3 days and canes down to 6 or 7th pick after 3 weeks - kind of tells you something about desirability of um job"

5. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

not to sound like a homer, noles get on youtube and listen to this cat hes a very smart man he will have the ship righted in 2 years mark my words. he won at temple. I love the hire Golden is a big time recruiter and a man with a plan WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS

6. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Nah...put stadium back on campus first. Then we'll talk

7. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

what does that have to do with anything smalls? If you know anything about Miami the team won 50+ games in a row in the OB and I bet only half of those were sell outs.

8. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

It has to do with I talk shit and have to give you a hard time. Thug-U is old news and recruit scraps left behind by others. Maybe they should call up some smu boosters and get some ideas lol

9. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Golden is a PSU guy. He was rumored to be JoePa's possible successor. He is young, energetic and an up and comer. Not sure it is that bad of a hire, although I am a little concerned about him doing things the "Penn State way" at the U, where many fans still yearn for the days of fatigues and Thug U.