AL Playoff Race

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by Brandon S., Oct 25, 2013.

1. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

Playoff Race 1.PNG

It seems that Toronto might start pulling away with the division, but last sim NYY covered 3 games and went from 6 1/2 GB to 3 1/2. The Yankees are making their playoff push, TB had a bad sim and is effectively out of the race unless theres a miracle.

Chicago, KC and MIN are fighting for the division, while MIN still has a long shot at the AL Central title, their best chances are for the 2nd WC spot.

Houston seems to have the West on lockdown, again. Oakland just cant win on the road. They might be able to take the 2nd WC spot though.

Basically, the playoff race looks like this.

1. ChiSox
    2. Houston
    3. TOR
    4. BAL
    5. KC
    6. NYY
    7. MIN
    8. OAK

• Like Like x 2
  2. Brandon S.

PLayoff 2.PNG

Callin all AL playoff racers, can we get a little chit chat going? Im jealous of the NL thread.

3. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I don't like these 8-2 sims you are having.

4. Brandon S.

You might end up falling out of the WC !

5. Bondzai

Also I meant 8-2 that the Sox were having.

6. Brandon S.

i know, i went 6-4 lol.

7. Sharkman37

Sharkman37 Walk On

Rays not quite out of it yet!

8. Confucius Rex

Confucius Rex Walk On

I feel like AL is a bit chiller than the NL. NL guys seem pretty high-strung.

Anyway, Oakland is still technically in it even though we had a total shit August. 40 man roster allowed me to fill a couple holes, and my schedule doesn't look too difficult. I think ty5oke is a bit too far off now to hope to catch up, but grabbing a wild card wouldn't be out of the question.

9. Brandon S.

I agree, AL is cooler.

Also, i think you definitely arent out of it yet but i have a feeling KC will choke and MIN finishes 2nd while both WC spots go to the AL East.

Yankees just lost their best pitcher in Clark, so that sucks, but we are still pushing for that WC spot if not the division.

10. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Shut up you asshole! :D

11. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Its also possible that the winningest team in dugout history will just win another division title. If only I could remember who that was...

12. Brandon S.

Give me an actual offseason to rework my team and see who wins the division. I had a makeshift staff this season.

13. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Bondzai Hell of a way to finish a season brah. Surprised you still only landed a AL WC spot with that sim. I'm sorry my team who decided to crap out all season finally decided to show up... in September and try and ruin your season. Confucius Rex took 2/3 in that last wkd vs Houston to help you out. Good luck vs TOR

upload_2013-10-28_8-49-46.png

14. Bondzai

Yeah after all that I still finished 6 games out in the division so you didn't screw me too bad. I haven't looked at the Sox schedule from last sim but they must have also done well.

15. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

They went 15-13 in September overall, but they did sweep me to start that last sim :sour: and took 3/4 against Minny to close the season

16. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I hope so. 6 straight division titles and 10 straight playoff appearances can get boring. Eventually it'd be cool if someone else in the East wanted to win something.