Alabama 2012 Season Game summaries(season 4)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by smace767, Dec 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Alabama 2012 Season Game summaries(season 4)

The over view of the Alabama Crimson Tide 2012 season

wk1 Bama 28 @ #1 Notre Dame 31 (0-1)
    wk2 Bama 42 @ #15 Texas A&M 31(1-1)
    wk3 Bama 14 @ Miami 17 (simmed game Bama 28 @ Mia 31) (1-2)
    wk4 Florida 35 @ Bama 14 (simmed game Bama 22 vs Fla 31)(1-3)
    wk6 Bama 45 @ Miss St 24(2-3)
    wk7 Bama 57 @ Georgia 21(3-3)
    wk8 Tenn 44 @ Bama 41
    wk9 S Car 24 vs Bama 42
    wk10 Ark 30 @ Bama 26

2. smace767

smace767 Walk On

week 1 #7 Bama 28 @ #1 Notre Dame 30

Stats

------------Bama----------Notre Dame
    score--------28----------------30
    first downs---13----------------16
    total off------312---------------269
    rushing------24-100-1----------35-102-2
    comp-att-td-12-17-3-----------13-21-0
    pass yards-----212-------------167
    red zone-------3-3td-----------5-2td-1fg
    turnovers-------2----------------2

Loser recap-
    Bama went on the road and and lost to the #1 team 30-28. Bama played better than expected as a team although the true freshman kicker hurt the team do to nerves.
    Also a big play by ND WR Deon Walker rattled coach smace and caused a shift in game plan for the last series of the first half and the first series of the second half. These resulted in the only two punts of the game and inflated a 17-14 game to a 27-14 ND lead. Bama did get two redzone turnovers. Although one was a fourth down and it should have been stopped short regardless of the fumble.

Key plays
    ND Kick return for TD
    Sack on first play of the 2nd half
    S Jackson forcing a throw when either more touch or the outlet was there(caused by pressure)
    HAil Mary 15 yard user catch, in between 3 defenders, on third and long by ND and Walker.
    Poor kickoff all game but in particular with less than 1 min and a 1 point lead.

Star Jackson played well. Throwing for 212 yds and 3 TDs and 2 INTs.

The first INT was a user error on throw types forced by fear of ND's All American safeties and need to score quickly. The second was on the last play of the game.

Jason Mitchell avg 6 yards a carry, but the back did only get 8 carries. It was a combination of getting away from the game plan and Mitchell went down with an injury(again) and he came back in but didn't want to re-injury with two many carries against those three 99overall LBs ND has.

All in all if Bama had a game under the belt they would have used different off and def playbooks. Many young guys were up to the task of the hostile environment and could have played more aggressive.

First time starter performances

Wr Burns(soph) 3 rec and 1TD
    oline(2FR,2sophs,Jr) with 5 pancake blocks
    OLB Duncan(Fr) 11 tackles
    SS Lester(sr) 7 tackles( first game back at SS
    MLB Miles(soph) 4 taks FFumb

For actual play by play see Notre Dame recap

Next week @#15 Texas A&M

3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

A 15 yarder hailmary pass? That's short.

4. smace767

smace767 Walk On

it was like 3rd and 10. I got pressure and his qb threw the ball and it went down field about 15 yards but straight up in the air. I had two guys waiting and another coming and they all jumped up and no swat, no pick, just Walker making a superman user catch.

But great catches happen and great players can make plays in real life. Jason Witten caught a pass yesterday that should have been picked. He just jumped and took it away from the dB.

That play just was big because its a punt if its not caught and with three defenders waiting for the ball it should have been a pick or a punt.
    In the end that drive i think lead to a fg which ended up being the difference in the game.

5. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Ahh..I see. Thanks for clariying. NoKnee, that lucky man. Yeah Jason Witten was sick yesterday. Catching balls all over the place. Too bad my Boys fell short, I knew it would be a tough one with NY's back against the wall.

6. Noknee

Noknee Walk On

You have to understand what happened. I actually meant to throw to the post across the middle, but Alabama pressure forced a pop up ball that was up for grabs. There was no way I should have ended up with the catch. There was 3 defenders covered on the receiver, and one was even directly in front of me, but it went through his hands into my receivers hands. If it's incomplete I'm forced to punt and could have swung the game. That and the KR TD were the 2 biggest plays for me.

7. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Stats

------------Bama----------Texas A&M
    score--------42----------------31
    first downs---22----------------16
    total off------491---------------338
    rushing------39-329-4----------22-51
    comp-att-td-13-18-2-----------20-32-4
    pass yards-----162-------------287
    red zone-------5-5td-----------4-3td-0fg
    turnovers-------2----------------1

Alabama traveled to Texas A&M to face its second straight ranked team on the road, and its second straight player on the Heisman watch list. The Tide was led by HB Jason Mitchell who after running well against an outstanding ND defense looked to get more carries this week. The end result was 28 carries for 245 yards and 3 TDs. This performance should spark his Heisman campaign since this was a nationally televised contest. for the season Mitchell is avg 146 yds per game and 8.3 yards per carry.

The Tide came away with a hard fought victory but A&M Star running back Swopes did not play much because he has been beaten out by an even better, higher rated player, Hb Michael.

Regardless The tide held Michael to 72 yards on 18 carries. The Tide could not however contain the RS Fresh QB Parks who threw for 287 yds and 4 TDs replacing the injured All American QB Dorman. The one mistake Parks made ultimately cost his team the game.

Recap

1st QRT
    Bama took the opening kick and drove down the field and on 2nd down Star Jackson found Kelly in the endzone to make it 7-0.
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L4z2-ItV5Ck&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L4z2-ItV5Ck&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

A&M responded with a drive capped off by Parks 29 yd TD to WR McNeal.

2nd QRT

Bama caps off the next drive with A Star Jackson TD run.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9vzYDxS1m8Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9vzYDxS1m8Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

A&M responds again behind the FR QB and their drive ends with a 6 yd pass to HB Michael. At this point , the Tide coach smace, thinks how did A&M get to Heisman watch list caliber HB on the same team.

Alabama begins to move the ball again and during an option run Mitchell decides to turn upfield and block right when Jackson is pitching the ball. A&M recovers and kicks a 47 yd fg that just made that distance.(bama 14 @A&M 17)

Bama gets the ball with 1:21 left in the half and runs the two minute offense which results in a mitchell 5yd run.(bama 21 @ A&M 17)

Halftime
    Bama 21 @ Texas A&M 17

3rd QRT
    The defenses adjust and the 3rd qrt is scoreless but A&M is driving.

4thQRT

A&M caps off their drive with another 5yd pass to Michael.(Bama 21 @ A&M 24)
    The 12th man of Kyle Field is going crazy and the young Crimson Tide team has to bear down and execute.
    As has been the case the last two years.
    When in tough situations, the playmaker is Jason mitchell. And needing a play this is what he produced.
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NSFlc6lmCwo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NSFlc6lmCwo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

The big played led to Mitchel punching it in from 4 yds out with 4:14 left in the 4th(Bama 28 @A&M 24)

AS he had done all game Fr QB Parks led the Aggies back down the field and found a receiver in the back of the endzone for a 15 yd TD. (Bama 28 @ A&M 31 2:43 left in the 4th qrt)

The 12th Man is going crazy again and the pressure is mounting. Thankfully the Tide has a Sr QB who has played tough games on the road. Jackson calmly leads the team down the field and on second and short he catches the defense off guard and ran this play to perfection.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dU2E8a-cUlU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dU2E8a-cUlU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

The 19 yard pass and run puts the tide on top 35-31 with :40 left in the 4th.

The defensive coordinators challenged the defense to make a play, and on second down one of the young DBs came up with this play.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/egNdrXjIQeg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/egNdrXjIQeg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

That pick was key but A&M had all of their timeouts and Bama needed to finish and on second down Mitchell was able to pick up huge yards and a key first down but was knocked out of bounds so A&M still has 2 timeouts.
    But Jason Mitchell caps off a big day with his third TD to seal the deal from 16 yds out.

note:
    DT Brandon Moore(SR) was a big reason the Tide contained the two explosive HBs. He had 8 tackles and 4 taks for loss.

OLB G Duncan(FR) had 6 more tackles

After having a tough time the previous two seasons Alabama is 8TDs in 8 redzone visits this season(5 for 5 this game) and that 8 for 8 has been done on the road against ranked teams. Coach smace is pleased with the execution so far this season.

Next @ #4 MIA

8. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Bama 14 @ Miami 17

This game was perhaps the best user game i have ever played.
    Let me explain why.
    In most games a user could make a mistake hitting the wrong button, Throw to the wrong WR, miss a guy that is wide open, hit the wrong button in the play call screen or any number of user decisions that cause you to make a bad play.

Also sometimes the gameplay does not matchup with the ratings(fast wr cover by slow LBer, Te making plays and beating cbs when the TE is not rated very high vs a high rated defender ect).

In the LSU game of years past, user errors were pretty much the reason i lost. had 4 turnovers each of the last two seasons, and lost on a last second fumble return, and on a fumbled pitch which was a wrong button play. Not just the fact of a turnover im talking about plays that the user should not have made or should have went elsewhere with the ball.
    I knew if i played to my strengths and not make any mistakes and take what i was given with quick reads and decisions my team matched up well vs LSU. ND i would have to play perfect because that team is loaded. A few play calls and user decisions, when other things were working, cost Bama in a three point loss.

This game, there was not an error on the users part from me. Every play was done exactly how i would do it again.
    Example: I threw 21 passes. 17 were complete, 2 were drops by my two starting wrs. and # 20 was with 7 seconds left. Not wanting to wait or float a pass, which would have been the right type of throw and run more clock, i threw it early and put some heat on the post pattern and it was just out of reach of the soph wr who was behind the def with 3 seconds left.

I had 372 yards of off.

But what made it so great for those who figured out what i like about the game is the ratings determined the game. What Mia could do against me ratings wise, they did against me. My players played in the rain, how each player rated that way should have played, good and bad. I ran 3-4, 5-2 and called the right play for the situation and had the perfect call 85% to 90% of the time. My lower rated players just could not consistently beat Miami's higher rated players.

The only things that came close to being an error or bad play by the user, was the second half kick off was kicked out of bounds. I wanted it to be caught by the sideline or go out of bounds. What i forgot, until Corso reminded me with his commentary, is that kick out of bounds gives a momentum boost to the other team. Which was capitalized with a TD drive right after the kick out of bounds.

My Kicker missed two FGs between 30-39, the last was the final play of the game.
    Jason Mitchel went down with an injury and the backup fumbled at the 4 yard line of MIA with 2 mins left in the third. That shit happens. Even though i had fumble protect on and he is my highest rated carry rb. Backups make mistakes on the road.

Freshmen and sophs played like freshmen and sophs on the oline and on defense. Which is how i like it. Even when i knew what was coming and called the defense to handle it, the better players made the better plays. Mia HB L Miller is a 98 ovr HB who used his his jr and sr blockers. Mitchel is a little lower rated guy with 2 fresh and 2 sophs on the oline going against a jr and sr front seven and it played out that way.

I had been 8 tds for 8 visists in the redzone before this game. This game i scored once in four visits and had 1 td and 2 missed fgs, and a fumble inside the 5 on an ISO play by a FB.

For anyone who has coached, when your team loses because of mistakes it is easier to reflect because you can coach and point out the fact that blown assignments and mental errors cost you the game and you build on that.

Its a lot harder to reflect when your team plays all their assignments, and your team basically makes all the plays the way you have coached, and just lose to great execution of strength vs weakness of the other team.

Great game and good win for Miami and JCA

9. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Stats

------------Bama----------Miss St
    score--------45----------------24
    first downs---18----------------17
    total off------428---------------315
    rushing------29-198-5----------30-50
    comp-att-td-12-22-0-----------25-33-1
    pass yards-----230-------------265
    red zone-------5-4td-1fg-----------3-1td-1fg
    turnovers-------1----------------1

Alabama traveled to Miss St to face its its little know Big rival. Miss St comes to play when the Tide come calling, regardless of records and the Bulldogs showed some fight in this game. The Tide raced out to a 21-3 lead, and held on to the ball and got a much needed 21 point win on the road vs a rival. Boosters and recruits should be happy with the result after a rough start to the season.

It doesn't look like Star Jackson or Jason Mitchell will see much action the rest of the season. Injuries will force backups to play most of the rest of the season.

The Tide was led by true Freshmen HB Danny Washington(#1 Ath) who ran well in his first ever start this week. The end result was 21 carries for 210 yards and 4 TDs. This performance should boost his confidence for the rest of the season.

Also starting for the first time was (jr) QB AJ McCarron who was 12-22 for 230 yds. His day would have been even better but the tide dropped 5 balls. three drops were from Kendal Kelly who has some of the best hands in America, and Coach Smace is disappointed in his go to WR.

Miss St QB has played well all season and put up great stats despite the record and was able to some what move the ball down field on the Crimson Tide.

Recap

1st QRT
    Miss St took the opening kick and drove down the field and on 3rd down and goal MLB Atchinson played his assignment and layed a user big hit on the scrambling QB Russel, which caused a fumble. Courtney Upshaw scoped the ball up at the 8 and raced 92 yards just getting to the endzone before being caught from behind to make it 7-0.
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EiRK86d8Sm8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EiRK86d8Sm8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

A&M responded with a drive capped off by Parks 23 yd fg.

The Tide responded with a drive using balanced play calling and AJ McCarron showed his passing skills which are the best on the team with a nice 32 yard strike to Fr wr Wright to set up a Danny jackson 2yd run to make it 14-3 Tide.
    [​IMG]

2nd QRT

After forcing a punt Bama starts off the next drive and Washington showed why he was so highly rated coming out of high school.
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3P2ohfbE5Oc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3P2ohfbE5Oc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

This play set up a D Washington 3yd TD run to make the score 21-3.

Miss St responds again behind the QB Russel, converting key third downs and on fourth and 3, HB Conner springs free up the middle for a 25yd TD with 20 seconds to go until halftime. This proved that rivals will fight to the end, especially at home.

Halftime
    Bama 21 @ Miss St 10

3rd QRT

The Tide are forced to punt after a few drops by WR's. The Tide defense responds and forces one of 5 punts on the day but after a good first move PR Burns is hit and fumbles which is scooped and returned 56 yards ignitining the Starkville crowd. The PAT is missed so the score is 21-16.

The tide receive the kick and grind out a long drive keyed by some key pass plays By McCarron who found Kendal Kelly one on one, and took advantage. The drive ends in a FG after another drop, making the score 24-16.

4thQRT

The Tide defense tightens up and forces a few 3 and outs which the Tide take down the field using the 252lb Washington to control the clock. Washington springs loose on a 23 yd td run on a third and short.

True Freshmen FB Stone caps off the next drive with his first ever TD. which pushes the score to 38-16.

Russel throws a late TD and after the onside kick failed, Miss st was still behind 38-24 but had 3, and started calling those timeouts. The Tide ran basic off tackle plays and before much time could be ran scored, and in 2 plays Washington takes it the final 10yds to make it 45-24.

note:
    MLB Atchinson had 13 tackles and a Ffumbl

True Freshmen Hb Washington 21o yds 4td
    True freshmen FB STone 1 td
    (RS) Freshmen wright 2 catches 85 yds as the new #2 wr.

The Crimson Tide are 5th in the nation in redzone offense and scored 4td and a fg in 5 trips this game.

Next @ #12 Georgia

10. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Week #7 Bama 57 @ Georgia 21

Stats

------------Bama----------Georgia
    score--------57----------------21
    first downs---17----------------10
    total off------529---------------232
    rushing------38-315-6----------29-84
    comp-att-td--9-11-2-----------6-17-1
    pass yards-----214-------------148
    red zone-------6-5td-1fg-----------2-1td-0fg
    turnovers-------0----------------0

Alabama traveled to Athens and played its best game of the season in a 57-21 blowout of the Bulldogs. Bama held back starting QB Star Jackson and limited all American HB Jason Mitchell to 3 carries as they recover from injury. Coach smace has said that Jackson might see some action vs Tenn but as the season moves on with lower competition, Soph QB JJ Rice and RS Freshmen QB David Prince will each get a start.

The Tide was led by true Freshmen HB Danny Washington(#1 Ath) who ran well again this week in Mitchell's place. He had 24 carries for 264 yards and 5 TDs. This performance should boost his confidence for the rest of the season.

Also starting again was (jr) QB AJ McCarron who was 9-11 for 214 yds and 2 TDs. The 9 completions went to 6 different receivers.

The Tide defense did not force a turnover, but had 9 tackles for loss and 3 sacks.
    DE Billingsley leads the defense
    [​IMG]
    The only negative was the kick return team gave up a kickoff return for TD again. The special teams coach is definitely under fire.

Recap

1st QRT

After both team feel each other out Washington scored from 4 yds out with 15 secs left in the Qrt. Bama 6 @ UGA 0

2nd QRT

As the defense held the Bulldogs in check, thanks to plays like this from DT Brandon Moore.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GMZRgqIZ8jI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GMZRgqIZ8jI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Bama again uses a balanced attack and drives down the field. The drive is capped by a 5yd Washington TD run. Bama 14 @ UGA 0

Another three and out gets the Tide the ball back.
    Thanks to a big pass to the FB, the tide get a FG right before the half from the eratic and rattled freshmen kicker of 29 yds. Bama 17 @ UGA 0

Halftime
    Bama 17 @ Georgia 0

3rd QRT

The Tide took the second half kick off and continued the momentum on offense, and when the captain and impact player Jason Mitchell scored on his first carry of the game from 2 yds out it fired up the whole offense. Bama 24@ UGA 0
    As Kirk Herbstriet says after the game, that boost caused the Bulldog players to quit. The Georgia team basically gave up on defense the rest of the game.

To this point Bama really only has around 200-250 yards of offense. After the Mitchell TD, Bama would rip off big play after big play.

The Crimson Tides next drive ended on this 15 yd pass to Burns.
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-b-v-6snAXY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-b-v-6snAXY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
    Bama 30 @ UGA 0

On the ensuing kick off Bulldog returner B Smith took it back 84 yds to get the Bulldogs on the score board. Bama 30 @ UGA 7

After the first run is forced out of bounds afte a 7 yd gain. Tide coach smace decides to call the last pass of the day. Ahead 30-7 with chew clock active, Bama comes out in 5 wide. As Georgia tried to defend the wide running plays and calls a blitz and sends 8 with four dbs locked up man to man, Bama sends five out in the pattern and McCarron finds WR Gary open on this play.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VN9o7R6QwR4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VN9o7R6QwR4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
    Bama 37 @ UGA 7

4thQRT
    Bama 37 @ Georgia 7

Georgia would connect on their one highlight of the day(I think every user should have a highlight of the other team. I have not been doing it but i will from now on)

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RaV795tpK5o&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RaV795tpK5o&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
    Bama 37 @ UGA 14

Even though it seems like Washington was running all over Georgia's defense. It really was not the case. Before this drive in the fourth qrt Washington had less than 100 yds rushing.
    At this point, he became in the zone. He ends up the next drive after another Tide stop on fourth down( the tide forced 4 punts and 2 fourth down stops), with another 4yd TD run. Bama 43 @ UGA 14

After another fourth down stop Washington takes the first play,and as the blitz comes from the right side, He busts this play to the left.
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x9stJ9FPgBo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x9stJ9FPgBo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
    Bama 50 @ UGA 14

GA HB Thomas scores from 7yds out Bama 50 @ UGA 21
    After a failed on side, with clock chew on(on since third QRT), a simple lead play ends up a 23 yd TD for Washington with 2 seconds left.
    The last score goes against the Tide coach's principles, but for a true Freshmen HB, with recruits watching on TV once he broke in the clear, coach smace just let him play.
    Bama 57 @ UGA 21

note:
    The four SR starters on defense were the leading tacklers in the game.
    Tide DE Billingsley-11 Tacks, 6 TFL 2 sacks
    Redzone offense continue to play well- 6 visits, 5tds 1 fg in the game..

Next vs #23 Tenn

11. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Tenn 44 @ Bama 41

Stats

------------Tenn--------------Bama
    score--------44----------------41
    first downs---24----------------11
    total off------473---------------329
    rushing------33-132-2----------21-35-2
    comp-att-td-25-38-2-----------14-20-2
    pass yards-----341-------------294
    red zone-------6-3td-3fg----------5-4td-
    turnovers-------0----------------2fum

Tenn scores 18 fourth qrt points as QB Smith goes off in the second half.

Passing
    Bama- McCarron -14-20-294yds- 2td
    Tenn- B Smith 25-38 -341yds-2tds

Rushing
    Bama-Washington 14-65 yds 2td
    Tenn-Williams 26-150 yds -2 td

Rec
    Bama-Kelly 4-97 yds 2tds
    297lb Tackle A. Douglas played TE, had 5 catches for 82 yds with a long of 20 yds and 35 total YAC yards Douglas made key first down cathes on the 8 out of 13 first downs converted. Tenn kicked 3 FGs but after haltime every drive was converted and the QB was like 15 for 15 vs every defense you can play.

Vids
    First Tenn TD pass. through double coverage

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/APAyl0fKTYA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/APAyl0fKTYA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Big play that gave Tenn the first half momentum.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u5l0w98LUGo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u5l0w98LUGo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Mccarron to washington setup a td to get Bama back in the game

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HDqA92WBbmI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HDqA92WBbmI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Mccarron to Kelly gives Bama the lead before half time

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CCbX1WsEKtE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CCbX1WsEKtE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

After All American HB Mitchell, who is only playing on kickoffs and certain situations returns his second kick of the day for a td. Tenn drives back down the field and beats an all American CB with this play.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZyGOC2zXH6k&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZyGOC2zXH6k&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

12. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Yeah tennessee was incredible when i played them before we had to re-sim a few weeks back. The QB was unstoppable.

13. smace767

smace767 Walk On

The first game before the reset is what the highlights are from.
    This game Bama trailed at the half but scored 21 second half points while shutting out the Gamecocks.

Vids

South Carolina blitzed a lot and this was one of the play calls.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TR5z9qGAp5g&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TR5z9qGAp5g&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

A theme all year has been poor pass coverage as evident by the lowest ranked pass defense in all of college. When the season is over, Bama should have the 3rd or 4th lowest ranked pass defense in the nation.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pI0EyXNs5WQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pI0EyXNs5WQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

This is from the replay game, Mccarron to Kelly TD pass.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p87kOpJJt4A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p87kOpJJt4A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Mccarron to wright td pass

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yy--qHzDn6k&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yy--qHzDn6k&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

last play of the game

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QlCGNOOL-A0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QlCGNOOL-A0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

14. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Yeah that's rough, every highlight i see has around two alabama defenders missing a tackle.

15. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Ark 30 @ Bama 26

Most guys know when new guys join a dynasty, there tends to be rules post to go over rules they think are broken. After this game i was sure that the reminder post was because of this game. Here is why.

Most of yall know some of us work crazy hours sometime. The day we played i had just got home and i only had 1 hour of time to play. We are both on and the game is started before i have done anything else. im changing during the coin toss. Ark has played me well before so i know they were good with the cpu but i had not done what i do vs every team i play, cpu or human and that is to look at their stats and their roster to see what im in for. Didn't have time to do it.

First play of the game, Ark (jam) runs a sweep out side vs a defense that should have contained the play. we all know impact players that make big plays boost their team and the defense is in some trouble. So now on top of not knowing whats coming at me i have a fired up offense going against my down defense. This continues through the first half which i was down 24-0 and scored right before the half to make it 24-6.
    At the half i get a psn msg "Good half". This has to be a joke because down 24-6 is not a good half but its no big deal. i respond "not from my side. i was not ready to play". I get msgs back. "What do you mean, we didnt have to play right now". Im like, homeboy, thats a figure of speech when you are not prepared like you should be and your getting beat your not ready, you are winning the game.

At this point yall know i think football. so i know what i have to do to compete.
    The first mistake was Star Jackson and Jason Mitchell barelly played since wk 4. I was use to Mccarrons better passing skills and should have made sure he was in the game. I Still stuck with Jackson.
    I needed to stop the run so i started to use the 46 defense, which i never use. It gets everybody, including the FS in the box. I also knew i had to crash my dline to get off of blocks and contain the run. I had to make sure my de played the outside shoulder technique so they dont give up the edge. also use Jacksons legs if the pass is not open.

when u play QB at the snap you should look at a safety or LB to read what the coverage is. I do that in this game. I dont even look at my qb. Some thing happened early in the second half that had me get a msg, saying i was cheesing. Star Jackson's high agility rating might have caused this because it only happens with him. Bad drop backs.

here is the actual vid of the play. It is 4th and like 7 from the 24 or so. Keep in mind the guy is wide open at the snap and he is option 1A.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jE_KoqP3mk4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jE_KoqP3mk4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
    i drop back the same way, timing based off of a three count. This always gets me 9-10 yds deep. But for what ever reason Jackson tends to break out of the drop back and starts running more often than any othe qb i play with.

I had to pause and see what he was talking about because i never looked at the qb. I responded after the pause and said yes that was a bad drop back. But i felt no need to feel like it helped because actually as wde open as the guy was, it almost made it so i did not make the play.

Now The reminder post complained about these things which i happened to do in this game. so i thought it was about me:

I loaded the box with the 46 defense or show blitz in the second half. In football a Free safety can play anywhere. thats why we call them free. and in general all safeties can play any were. If they play up you throw deep, if the play back you go short or run. did not agree with the safeties must play back where safeties play. where do they play? deep zone?

I crashed my dline left or right. not run commit but crash left or right. it worked ok in the second half. thought i was being accused of run commit

to band something it should work.
    first thing i went back and we never banned pass commit. gunit suggested for whatever reason but it was never said no pass commit. you can go to page 3 and see. pass commit is not over powering so i dont get it. its just like a coach saying watch for the pass and keeps you from falling for glitch play action plays when its 3rd and 12. i am last in pass defense. i was low ranked last year. pass commit makes the qbs go 14-20. if i didnt use pass commit they would go 18 for 20. im talking mostly cpu but its not some magic thing that stops all qbs. look at my games and i used it every game of this dynasty up until two weeks ago. you tell me by the stats is it overpowered. in fact i have given up over 300 yds in like 5 games this year. i guess 18 for 20 is more sim to some.

back to the game after being down 24-6 the cheese play gets it to 24-12. The next 2 scores are by Jason Mitchell to get it to a 30-26 game with the ball late but could not score.
    here was a run by Mitchell who should come back next year if coach smace has his way.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VVFMNplRjIc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VVFMNplRjIc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Another second half Mitchell run

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KA5OlqgFoeE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KA5OlqgFoeE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.