Alabama dismisses LSU 16-3

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by jfosh, Aug 11, 2009.

1. jfosh

jfosh Super

Alabama dismisses LSU 16-3

Tuscalosa - #10 LSU 3 @ #1 Alabama 16
    Looking for a little respect from the LSU players and coaching staff. Atleast CB Kareem Jackson is getting a little. Jackson was tested on the left side of the field all day. He stepped up big time picking off 3 passes and making 6 takles. LSU So. QB Jordan Jefferson did not handle being away from home very well. He chucked the ball 42 times equal to Tennessee's John Crompton in week 8. Connecting on only 18 of his attempts. He finished the day with 230 hards and 4 picks no TD's. Eighty were on the final drive that stalled as the clock ran out.

Its no secret Alabama's offense has yet to gel. Today was no different the defensive unit gave them plenty of short field oppurtunities but the tide could only muster 1 TD and 3 FG's and converted only 1-11 on thrid down. The Tide's OL had no answer for the LSU blitz, QB Greg McElroy found himself on his back 10 times. McElroy didn't compound that by throwing interceptions though. Finishing the day 7-12 for 89 yards.

So how did the Tide pull out another one? Stigny D, solid running, and a rattled LSU offense. HB Mark Ingram had 13 rushes for 69 yards and a TD before bruising his ribs. Backup Terry Grant took over midway through the 3rd quarter and added 12 rushes for 72 yards. Now the LSU offense, you already know about Jefferson's problems and add in only 61 yards for the starting HB and 8 dropped balls by Tiger pass catchers. These guys being rattled, bad field position and 3-12 on 3rd downs ='s 3 points.

This game might have been a lot different on the bayou. Alabama makes the trip next season I'm sure Coach Rynoaid can't wait.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

fuck you for no broadcast!

3. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

No TD's Ryno? Ouch!

4. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Offensive barnburner

5. jfosh

jfosh Super

Early start time...had me flustered but I agree. I recorded i'll post a mashup of the game

6. Blaza

By the way Fosh, love the game headline. Dismisses just sounds so cruel.

7. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i had 1 TD pass dropped... 8 total recorded drops.. and some where killers, drive killers. And one drop led to an INT.

My qb was rattled the whole game and missed wide open guys... my offense just had nothing.. there was nothing i could do. I was making the right reads, but guys weren't making plays.

My defense dominated the Tide... he had 179 yards of total offense... averaged less than 3 yards per carry on 44 rushes. We sacked them 10 times and basically manhandled their OLine.

Jefferson just got no help on offense from the skill positions and it left him to try and make things happen... and as a sophomore, he's just not ready to do that on the road in the SEC.

8. jfosh

jfosh Super

I dont disagree that my o-line had problems. One time his MLB blitzed and I heard that crack like two rams colliding and my center had just got flattened. But add back in 54 yards for the sacks and my tailbacks averaged over 5 yards per carry. I'll take that.

9. jfosh

jfosh Super

Thats intended.

10. Blaza

Ryno, SHOW YOUR FACE!!!! :D

11. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

This is like a Big Ten game from last year.....after we moved to Heisman!

I love defensive games!!