Alabama Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by smace767, Jul 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Alabama Game Summaries

Week one

Bama has big win vs Western Kentucky.

2. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Week 2

Michigan 41 vs Bama 14

The score is what the game was. Every team wants the breaks to go their way. As was discussed in another dynasty on here, momentum is big in this years game. Its just not as visible or advertised.

Bama lost the game. Many plays can swing any game toward the other teams favor you have to make the plays. offense played ok. defense played ok. ok wasn't good enough.

fortunately all the goals can still be attained by winning. This loss does not stop the conf, or bcs bid goals and title hopes were made harder but not impossible.

i had a similar user game with VT before the restart were i won by 4 tds. you win some u lose some. I dont get too high with a win and a loss is just a loss.

3. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Week 3 Bama 10 @ Fla 6

Bama used its Defense to get a much needed victory. After losing last week,
    Bama did not want to start the season 1-2.

Bama used a balanced, ball control offense to control the tempo and not let the Gators get on track. Bama grinded out 16 first downs to control the time of possession.

Qb Greg McElroy Passed for 163 yds and 1 int, Julio Jones had 7 catches for 65 yds, Backup Hb T Grant had 68 tough yds and the lone TD of the game, a 6 yd 2nd qrt run.

After a fumble on their first drive inside the Gators 20, Bama stopped the Fla drive but watched a 51 yd FG barely sail through the uprights for a 3 - 0 lead. Bama countered with the lone TD drive of the game capped by Grants 6 yd TD run. Fla drove the field but were held inside the 20 to a FG. Bama led 7-6 at the half.

Defense and ball control was the focus of the tide in the 2nd half, and after an Int they missed a FG, but after another int they tacked on that Fg to give them the margin of victory.

Bama looked to contain the outside, spotlight Hernadez and Demps, and force long 3rd down situations. The defense force 5 FLa turnovers, including 4 int's of Tim Tebow. All the Int's were a result of pressure, the last two were late game desperation type plays.

While the defense played well, the offense still fumbled twice in Gator Territory in the rainy conditions at the swamp. Those were 2 of the 3 turnovers the Tide had, all in Fla territory.

The rematch of the 2008 SEC conf title game might have been a preview of the 2009 SEC conf title game. A lot more football still has to be played untill then. Bama must set its sights and prepare for a home game vs Ohio next week.

4. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Ohio 10 vs Bama 45

After Ohio had a TD called back for holding and settled for a fg and 10-7 lead, Bama scored the next 38 points to get the win.

Qb McElroy had 260 yds and 2 TDs, while HB Ingram had 100 yds an a TD.

3 rd string HB upchurch had 71 yds on the ground.

Bama had 471 yds of off and 22 first downs while holding Ohio to 199 yds and 11 first downs.

In a new twisted neither team had a turnover the entire game. Bama punted just one time in the game.

Tad Cody led the defense with 8 tackles and a sack.

Next up is a big conf game, The Iron bowl vs Auburn

5. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Aub 7 @ Bama 35

After Auburn scored first on the now famous wounded duck, dlineman pick, and out run everyone animation. Bama scored the next 35 points.

Mark Ingram led the way to victory with 189 yds on the ground. The offense put up over 430 yds of offense. Mixing the run and the pass the Tide maitained its balanced attack.

The defense basically pitched a shutout, while scoring 6 themselves, thanks to a 68 yd Bart Scott int return.

The defense will continue to lead the way as QB Greg McElroy gets much needed reps and experience.

Next is a big game vs Georgia.

6. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Bama 16 @ Tenn 13

After a spectacular play, a pick 6 by Tenn impact LB McCoy, Bama found it self down 7 early in the first after moving into Tenn territory. Being down 7 in a rivalry game early is never good, but when down facing an excited young team and coach, and a sea of orange, you have your work cut out.

Luckily the defense when to work. Tenn only entered the redzone once, and settled for a fg. Mark Ingram had 94 yards on the ground and Greg McElroy completed 2 huge third down plays in the game.

The first huge play went for a 27 yd td as All American FS Eric Berry cleared the middle by going to double All American Wr Julio Jones, leaving Wr Maze open on the post. This gave Bama the lead early in the 3rd qrt.

The second came on third down in its own territory. In the face of a Tenn blitz Berry moved to cover the hb out of the back field, leaving Jones 1 on 1 with the corner. McElroy got the ball off with plenty of air which Jones caught and ran for 46 yards before the pursuit knocked him out of bounds. This led to a go ahead fg. Tenn had tied it up on a fg on a fumbled punt return. this was the only redzone visit.

This was the second of 3 top 15 opponent road games Bama has this season.
    next up a home game vs South Carolina.

7. smace767

smace767 Walk On

S Carolina 23 @ Bama 29

Led my RB Ingram's 3 td's on the ground Bama holds on for a tough SEC win.

After every Bama blow S Carolina responded with a counter punch. This was setup to be a trap game, with the team looking ahead to the showdown in 2 wks with Ole Miss.

Bama took a 14 to 10 lead into halftime thanks to 2 M Ingram TD runs of 3, and 9 yds.

The theme of the day was poor execution and dropped passes. The Tide dropped a total of 8 passes and one fumble. They also had 7 registered tackles broken.(we know seven counted in the stats really means like 10-12 actual tackles broken.)

Ingram added another 21 yd TD run in the 3rd qrt, and finished the day with just 71 yds with 3 TDs. S Carolina continued to answer the bell, and took the lead with over 2 mins left in the 4th qrt 23 to 21.

Only needing a FG to win, Bama calmly executed the 2 min drill and Qb McElroy found Soph WR Maze for a 36 yd td with 21 seconds left.

after 3 quick plays, S Carolina found it self on the Bama 30, with 2 seconds left. A S Carolina WR, somehow found himself alone behind the def vs cover 3, and only a big hit by the safety preserved the win.

With a great game score of over 1200, it appears the CPU coaches were very determined to get a win.

After locking up HB Mitchell, the Tide hope big victory would close the deal on a few CB targets. Since it did not win big we will see about the affect on recruiting.
    Next week Memphis @ Bama

8. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Memphis 3 @ Bama 49

Bama used a balanced attack, and jump out to a 35 to 3 halftime lead to cruise to victory vs Memphis.

Bama had over 200 yds through the air and on the ground, while holding Memphis to 137 yds of total offense.

M Ingram had 158 yds rushing and 2 TDs and back up RB upchurch had 79 yds and 2 tds as the second string played the 2nd half.

Qb Greg McElroy passed for 205 and 2 tds and the offense did not commit a turnover.

The defense played well and even scored themselves when Tad Cody forced a fumble that DE Deaderick scooped and scored from 55 yds out.

Hopefully recruiting will gain more steam. I still need 7 players. It has not been a bad year so far since the Tide signed, the #1 MLB, the #1 OLB, we can argue the #1 HB(6'2" 215 A spd, A acc, backs don't grow on trees), another 5* HB and a 4* QB.
    I just need the CBs and center and a kicker to sign soon to be satisfied with the class.

Next week the SEC and BCS playoffs begin. While i only need 2 wins in the last 3 weeks to play in the SEC title game. Two games are user games and 2 of the 3 are on the road. If Fla loses to Vandy then if i win one game i play for the SEC title.

BCS hopes, 5 teams ahead of me-
    -Ohio St and Michigan play so one of them will be knocked out, but the other is most likely in the BCS title game.

-I play Ole Miss so i control whether i bump them out.

-I beat Fla so i think winning the SEC east over them will get votes in my favor. They also have to beat 2 users.

-FSU plays FLA, If FLA wins that game, It might be my best hope to get in.

While i can pass every team accept one in a perfect scenario for me, if Ole Miss and the Michigan / Ohio St winner runs the table, they will play for the BCS title no matter what anyone else does.

9. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Do i play you this year? I know i play ole miss but i dont know if i play you.

10. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Shadow you do not play smace this year. Your remaining games are Louisiana Tech, @ Ole Miss and then home against Arkansas. Smace and his Bama boys are in the SEC East in this dynasty, that may be why you were confused.

11. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Bama 21 @ Ole Miss 29

As posted under Ole Miss's thread Bama lost and the game was not as close as the score indicated.

Bama played better on offense in practice, in fact Bama had more offense in the two scrimmage (restart) games then they had for 4 qrts.

The defense score twice but they are always out of position and don't always make the basic plays.

You can read the details in ole Miss's thread. The season is noy over and great things can still be accomplished.

Thes SEC east title can still be Bama's with wins vs Vandy and Kentucky since they own the tie breaker by virtue of their 10-6 win over Florida in the swamp.

next week Vandy

12. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Vandy 21 @ Bama 41

Bama caught a few breaks and eventually broke open a back and forth game.

The biggest break was the injury to dynamic Vandy QB L. Smith. Smith went down in a heap as he was tackled going into the endzone early in the 3rd qrt. That touchdown gave Vandy the lead 14 to 10.

Even though Bama had only 10 points to that point, they had moved the ball well against the Vandy defense so the key was for vandy to keep moving the ball and scoring. After Smith went down Bama scored 31 straight points before Vandy scored late. Smith had 103 yds passing and a TD and avg'd 4.6 yds per carry in a little over a half.

Freshman QB Star Jackson has seen an increase in playing time as McElroy has struggled at QB the last few weeks. Jackson passed for a score and had 3 short rushing TDs.
    Jackson gives Bama a red zone weapon that Mcelroy doesn't provide. Mark Ingram rushed for 160 yards and McElroy passed for 200 yds to keep the balance in the Bama offense they have been missing.

Bama led 10 - 7 at halftime, but Vandy, still led by Smith zoomed down the field and scored in 30 seconds to take a 14 - 10 lead. The injury changed the Vandy offense considerably and Bama started to get their hands on some passes.

Two Jackson short TD runs, a Jackson TD pass from 9 yards out, a BJ Scott pick six and a tiffin fg keyed the run.

Next up is @ kentucky. If Bama wins they will be the SEC east champs and await their opponent in the SEC title game.

13. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Bama 24 @ Kentucky 3

Bama took on Kentucky in the snow and 30 degree weather and prevailed 24-3.

Bama needed this win to secure the SEC East Title, and a spot in the SEC championship game.

They got off to a great start as they earned the, hear a pin drop trophy, as All American Julio Jones scored on the very first play from 76 yds out.

Even though Bama dominated the stats, out gaining Kentucky 349 to 147 for the game. Bama had 3 drive killing penalties and a fumble, to keep from stretching the lead.

The second half Bama was content to grind out the clock. Jackson had a 4 yd TD run, Ingram had a 1 yd TD run pushed the lead to the final margin.

With the win Bama locks up a spot in the SEC championship game. Bama's 10-6 victory vs Tebow and his Gators, denied the SR QB, what no doubt would be a number 1 ranking and BCS Bowl berth and a chance for his third National title.

In two weeks Bama's opponent will be Ole Miss in the Georgia Dome for the SEC championship..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.