Alabama hangs on, downs #3 Georgia

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by jfosh, Dec 16, 2009.

1. jfosh

jfosh Super

Alabama hangs on, downs #3 Georgia

Alabama 31 @ Georgia 30

It was another wet and wild one in the SEC. This one took 2 tries. 1st game disconnected in the 1st quarter.

Both teams were just about satistically equal in the game. Alabama would get their yards a little bit at a time and Georgia would get big chunks at a time but when you added them up they were just about equal in yardage and on the scoreboard.

Both teams played well but there were a few plays that made the difference.

On the first drive of the game Georgia was stopped on a 4th and 2 deep in Alabama territory. They elected to pass and Scales was hurried and tossed up an uncatchable ball.

Towards the end of the half Georgia was able to carve up the Alabama defense to take a 7 point lead into half time.

Alabama answered on its first drive of the second half to tie the game. The scoring blow was a pass to the TE QB McCarron was hit the ball hung in the air both the Georgia defender and Brandon Keyes jostled for position and Keyes came down and walked into the endzone.

On Georgia's following drive Scales made a great a read feeling the middle blitz and broke his drop back and sprinted just around the right and strait up field then he went into Bo Jackson mode and took OLB 6' 6" Claude Robinson head on (99 hit power), big collison, big fumble Alabama ball.

The Tide worked their way in from the Georgia 40 take a touchdown lead.

The Bulldogs were not done they battled for a FG of their own cutting the lead to 4 24-20. Then scored a tochdown in the 4th to regain the lead 27-24.

Not to be outdone Alabama would regroup and jump on the back of HB Trent Richardson and drive down the field to regain the lead 31-27.

There was plenty of time left when Richardson scored 3:32 . Georgia moved the ball down the field but faced a decesion on 4th and 7 on the Bama 14. Coach Hellisan suprised everyone and kicked the FG putting the game in the defense's hands. Armed with 3 time outs the Dawgs forced a 3rd and 6 but Alabama completed a 16 yard pass over the middle to Keyes to seal the deal.

Good Game Helli.
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/liV_5bOdxMc&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/liV_5bOdxMc&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

As part of a killer back to back Georgia takes on #1 Tennessee next week.

Alabama travels to West Virginia for an out of conference match up next week.

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Bama just continues to rollTIDE! Good stuff

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Yeah Blaza and I watched it. It was a great game. The press will continue to second guess the FG decision. Not sure if I would count on any defense in this game to get a 3 and out. Very tough. If it worked though....he would have looked like a genius.

Battle of heavyweights and it didnt disappoint.

4. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Helli said he thought it was a three point game..and it was a huge F up on his part.

Had he known it was four he goes for it there...

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

[​IMG]

6. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

losing is ok... but losing because of that is inexcusible if im a Georgia fan... WOW

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    lol...geez

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Waiting for press release...

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Frustrating game. Anybody who watched knows that I was lucky just to be there at the end. Scales broke a sack attempt behind the LOS allowing me to score one late touchdown. Then later he throws a blatant interception that the guy drops.

Yep as I mentioned to Rusty I thought it was a three point game, by that point I'd become so frustrated with the way I was playing.... My stick control still isn't even HALF DECENT after about 10 combined seasons that I've played. That I basically wasn't even looking at the scoreboard I thought it was a 3 point game and played it close to the vest.

I have to say here Fosh... I did notice on several occasions how well you know my offensive playbook... I'll never be able to compete with that, I barely have time to scout your team. At this point I think I'm gonna have to ask you to get a fucking job please. :D

10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

well how you perceive and how we saw it are different. We thought you played very well. Alabama is a TOP TIER team and I thought you played defense very well. I also thought in the 2nd half you opened up a bit and started carving up that defense. You also had some nice runs. I believe the bulldogs had some dropped picks also. The wet weather caused some drops after some big hits on both sides of the ball. I was impressed by the play of both coaches.

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Helli= Debbie downer

:)