Alabama vs South Carolina (turn around time or contiued beatings)

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by CharlestonUSC, May 26, 2011.

1. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Jan 8, 2011
    Well I've coached my team to an 0-2 start with one heart breaker loss and the other a complete demoralizing loss to a conference rival. Now the #8 team in the country is coming onto my turf with every intention of kicking my teeth in.

The only thing I can think to do is keep my defense off the field as much as possible. Easier said than done I know but that is the only option with their performance against UGA last week. I'm going to try and dominate time of possession, run out of heavy I-form sets and rely on slants and some play action passes to grind out first downs and get some points on the board.

I'm not going to sell out blitzing on defense but instead sit back in zone and walk the safeties up to stop the run, if they can tackle this game. I have to stick with this gameplan no matter how tough the sledding is and hope that after all is said and done a few plays go my way and I have a chance to win it in the end.

A win over not only a top 10 team but conference opponent would be huge in my first year of rebuilding. Well I'm not even sure I can label it rebuilding if there was never anything here in the first place. I'll be getting home around 330pm this afternoon to fire up the console and lead my team onto the field. Here's to hoping a few bounces go my way!
  2. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

Mar 13, 2011
    Sounds like this should have been a poll. Given the competition, I'm afraid to say I would have to vote continued beatings. Good Luck.