All 2012 Season Conference Previews Here

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Sep 7, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

All 2012 Season Conference Previews Here

[​IMG]
    ACC Coastal: Best Division In The Nation?

Well not quite but having their conference represented in back to back years is not an easy task. The division (conference) is spearheaded by the North Carolina TarHeels and the Miami Hurricanes. Both of these programs looked poised once again to make a run for the National Title. North Carolina lost alot on offense this past offense but their defense remains solid. With Coach RTP at the helm anything is possible. With their only real threat being the Hurricanes, I wouldn't expect anything less from this group.

The Hurricanes are without Jacory Harris this year and their offense relies on the development of true sophmore Blake Booker (81OVR). The Canes have all the pieces around him to make another serious run but its up to Booker to capitalize on his opprotunity. With true freshman Josh Hunt maturing faster than expected the Blake has alot of pressure on his shoulders. Miami is still alittle angry after missing out on the national championship game. With the rest of the conference in recession, besides UNC and VT, the 'Canes destiny is in their own hands. Play like expected and this team may be one of the last teams playing this year.

Team Coach Best Offensive Player Best Defensive Player Prediction
    [​IMG] JCA Jermaine Johnson Right Tackle Senior (92OVR) Marcus Fortson Defensive Tackle Senior(RS) 99OVR 12-0; ACC Champs
    [​IMG] RTP Erik Highsmith Wide Receiver Senior (94OVR) 10-2

**Will finish this Thursday. I want to get my Week 2 game in tonight because I know you'd all be waiting for me if I don't play tonight. I did get the users out the way**

2. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

[​IMG]
    South Eastern Conference (East Division)

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Team Outlook Predictions
    [​IMG] The Game Cocks are fighting to get back into the National Spotlight like they did in the 2010 Year. The big question mark that I see glaring is their offensive line. They are unexperienced and lack future depth for development. I feel that if their O-Line can prove me wrong, this team could compete with Alabama for the SEC at years end. But I just dont know.....QB Andrew Clifford has the arm but sometimes can make some errant throws that make you scratch your head. At WR this team is stacked and has been for several years now. Jeffrey Alshon & Tori Gurly are a huge, fast, and mean match-up unlike any in the country. Same goes for tailback....Marcus Lattimore is a beast at his size and Sub 4.3 speed, if he just get's a crease your defenders are in trouble. So this offense has lot of "potential" but it wont be worth a shit if you don't have good blocking. On defense the Gamecocks have a nice mixture of experienced players except for the cornerback spot which their very young. While young at Corner, they do have excellent range and speed so it's not a matter of keeping up. It's just if their disciplined enough in their man and zone schemes to keep the back half of the secondary a float. The special teams looks great. 10-3, lose to Alabama in the SEC Championship
    [​IMG] Coach Bamaboiking got his Bulldogs in the 2011 season all the way to the SEC Champ only to fall short to the Alabama Crimson Tide who went on to win the BCS National Championship. Good news or Bad news first? We'll go with the good.....Well team leader & Quarterback Aaron Murray returns to the helm once again and has a stable full of offensive weapons. On the outside you have WR's Tavares King & Rontavious Wooten. At tight-end, Pre-season All American Orson Charles returns too. Up front the Dawgs are solid everywhere except (Soph) Right-Tackle Brent Benedict who could struggle with SEC defensive ends. The Bad News.....and it's in two areas in lieu of one from last season. On defense the Bulldogs are VERY vulnerable lacking size and depth. At linebacker particulary this team could be in huge trouble if the injury bug hits them. The entire reserve linebacking corps is filled with a combination of walk-ons and underachieving prospects. The D-Line & secondary are average with lack of depth for the best conference in college football. Bad News #2....the kicking game. If I were Coach Bama, I would seriously be worried about any kick over 25 yards and would be suprised if any kick-off made it to the 25 yard line. This is going to be a huge issue for the Dawgs and could cost them a few key games. Even with the great talent on offense, I personally see the Dawgs have a hard time winning the SEC East Division from this season. 10-3 Overall, loss to S.Carolina gives Gamecocks edge in tight division race.
    [​IMG] The Vols have one of the SEC's youngest, but talented receiving corps in the country. If Tyler Bray can look as good during the season as he did in the spring the Vols might be a competitive team once again in the SEC. 8-4 Overall
    [​IMG] Three year starter Morgan Newton returns for his Senior year for the Wildcats..problem is Newton is working with an mediocre WR corps and O-Line. on defense the Wildcats are very young and lack SEC talent. This would be a successful season if they go bowling. 7-5 Overall
    [​IMG] Believe it or not, Florida is on the verge of not even being on the level of an SEC team. There weak in about every skilled position and dont even get me started on their front 7. What a fall from grace... 5-7 Overall
    [​IMG] See comments above for Florida and apply them to the Commies....the only difference being the Commodores have never deserved to be in the SEC. They need to go to the Sun Belt Conference. 3-8 Overall

3. Iron Mickey

**UPDATED...SEC EAST PREVIEW COMPLETE**

4. jca312

jca312 Walk On

SEC West Preview coming soon.

5. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

ACC Atlantic Division Preview

[​IMG]

ACC Atlantic Division Preview

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Team Analysis Prediction
    [​IMG] Maryland has been on a steady improvement over the past few years, and they will look to keep at least the same level of improvement this year. Maryland is an experienced group that looks to make an big jump this year. They will be led on offense by a veteran QB, Matthew McGloin. McGloin returns for his final year after throwing for 2200 yards a year ago. The best player on the Maryland offense may be Junior Caleb Porzel. Porzel will look to rush for big yards as well as catch a few passes. Porzel needs to be a dynamic playmaker that Maryland can depend on if they want to make it to the top of the division. Porzel will be looking to get some great play from one of the best lines in the country. If the line does its thing look for Porzel to put up big numbers. The biggest weakness on offense is the receivers, they don't have very much depth and they don't have anybody that is a proven playmaker. Maryland has a good defense that is led by a very good front seven. It is going to be tough to run on this defensive line and linebacking corp. If you are going to attack the Maryland defense it will be through the air as their secondary is not filled with talent or experience. Maryland does have a weapon in Kicker Nick Ferrara, who is maybe the best kicker in the nation, his great leg will win them some close contests. 8-5 (loses to Noth Carolina in ACC Championship)
    [​IMG] The Seminoles have owned this division as of late and will look to do the same in 2012. FSU was hit hard last year when they had to watch several key players move on, thanks to graduation and the NFL Draft. You would think that with so many key players gone it would be time to rebuild for the Seminoles but they are looking to reload. QB Will Secord will step in to take over the Quarterbacking duties after Emanuel had a spectacular season last year. Secord however will be the team's weakness as he is not very talented or very experienced. Expect Secord to hand the ball off to Chris Thompson many times a game to take away some of the pressure from Secord. Thompson can fly and will look to be the go to guy for the FSU offense. The receiving corp led by Willie Haulstead is a good group, but their numbers may take a dip this year with an inexperienced QB taking snaps. The Seminoles defense is solid but not great. For them to take the the ACC Atlantic Division the defense is going to have to step up in a big way. If a game comes down to special teams FLorida State will win, because they have a great kicking game thanks to an experienced Punter and Kicker. 8-4 (Maryland steals one from FSU)
    [​IMG] The Clemson Tiger got off to a great start last year and it looked like they were going to challenge for the division title but then falltered down the stretch. Kyle Parker returns for his senior season and looks to take his team back to the place he took them his first season, the ACC Championship. Parker has been a four year starter and has had a lot of success but the Tigers have not had a year like his Freshman year. The Tiger have the talent around Parker to succeed it's just a matter of doing so. HB Andre Ellington and WR Jaron Brown should be the playmakers that help take pressure off Parker and possibly lead Clemson to a division title. Clemson's defense should be one one of the best in the ACC led by an experienced group of linebackers. This team should be able to compete for a division and ACC title but I don't think they will crack the top two. 7-5 (with one humiliating loss to South Carolina :D)
    [​IMG] Boston College has a Senior lead team that can make a run at an ACC Title if they can win a couple of big games. Offensively they are led by Dave Shinskie who could compete will Kyle Parker for the best QB in the entire division. Shinskie will have his favorite target Clyde Lee to throw to as well as Donte Elliot. On defense Boston College is led by arguably the best defensive player in the nation, MLB Luke Kuechly. With a couple of big games early we will find out how good this team will be in the first few week. 7-5
    [​IMG] The bottom of the ACC Atlantic is pretty weak, and the Demon Deacons are one of those weak teams. Wake Forest doesn't stand much of a chance at winning the many games, and if they were to win the division it would be a miracle. QB Ted Stachitas will lead the offense and if Wake wants to go bowling then Ted will have to come up big. 5-7
    [​IMG] North Carolina State was a team on the rise but now they have declined and will bring up the rear in the Atlantic Division. The Wolfpack don't have a lot of talent and that will be the main reason they will fall short in 2012. They are also going through a coaching change they had an interim coach for half the season last year and now have a new coach. The lack of talent and the pains of a coaching change leave the Psck with little to no chance. HB Brandon Barnes is probably their best weapon and if they Wolfpack want to get anywhere then Barnes will need to get the ground game going. Barnes should have some space to run as the strength of NC State is their offensive line. 3-8

Will finish later

6. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Thanks for the faith in the TERPS King. There is talent but after just playing #2 Ohio State i see where our weak points are and you hit it right on the nail.

7. Iron Mickey

great job Jerz & King!

8. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

[centerBig 12 South Preview][/center]

No. Team Breakdown Record
    1 [​IMG] Until Someone Knocks them off, i wont change this. Coach Tuco Has won back to back conference championships. Not Sure if Texas or the Pokes can step up the task yet. 12-2 Both Loses to Nebraska from the NORTH
    2 [​IMG] Will continue to finish behind the Sooners until they slip up. Not sure if they will move beyond this spot in south for years to come, atleast this year 10-3Loses to the Sooners, Mizzou Tigers, and Mabey the Pokes
    3 [​IMG] They keep on suprising me and the nation as they win games every year. I would pick them to be lower but the teams after them cant seem to win versus them. 9-4
    4 [​IMG] The Pokes....man they made me look bad last year not even comming close to their potential and talent level or my prediction. Most the big 12 caught onto the run, run, and run somemore strategy and bad things happened. Not sure if coach G-unit has gotten it together yet or the big offensive changes are enough. Show and Prove ladies and gentlemen. 8-5
    5 [​IMG] The other team in texas will go bowling but they wont really shake up the souths conference race. 6-6
    6 [​IMG] Not Robert Griffin, no season..then again they could switch with the pokes 4-7

9. Iron Mickey

good job bama, probably dead on about my team. one thing for sure...i will get more than 4 wins this year

10. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

You came on strong at the end of the year last year, and with the QB issues of Florida State I like you're chances. And I think you're team will be ok without you for a couple of weeks. Good thing you will have a PS3 again soon.

11. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Update: ACC Atlantic preview is complete

12. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

Big 12 North

Team Description Prediction
    [​IMG] Coach Mizzourah was welcomed back to the Head COaching position at Missouri by the Atheletics program after a big season in 2011. He took the Tigers to the Big 12 Title game after a romp through the devision. A Big loss in the title game to OU showed that the Tigers still had some work to do if they wanted to compete for national titles one day. But for now, everything is going weel for Mizzou. 11-1
    [​IMG] The Husker nation is very optimistic after the fine seaosn Coach Jerzey put together last season. With only 2 losses in 2011, Coach Jerzey has made Tom Osborne job as AD alot easier and the complaints have seemed to have slowed to a hault. This year though, expectations are higher and the Husker nation is looking for and demanding a Big 12 title birth. Can Coach Jerzey continue to keep the faithful happy? 11-1
    [​IMG] Kansas once again has a team that could cause problems for alot of team in the Big 12. With Just enough talent, the Jayhawks also think they have what it takes to shatter dreams for the upper tier teams in the north. 8-4
    [​IMG] Kansas State can only hope Dan Snyder leaves the program soon. They are at the top of the mediocre party, but that aint a good place to be. Not in the Big 12. Too many good teams are located amonst them for mediocre to be sufficient. How long will the Wildcat faithful be happy with barely making a bowl game? We may find out after this season. 5-7
    [​IMG] Iowa State looks to be on somewhat of a rebounding year. The Cyclones have strung together just enough recruits to field a team and now look to rise....from last place in the Bg 12 north. Don't get me wrong, they will still suck, but they could possibly leap Colorado and no longer own the last spot in the North. 4-8
    [​IMG] Colorado had such high hopes just 2 season ago, bit once again, this program is on the decline. After the firing of Dan Hawkins and the dissapearance of Coach Trude, this program is without an identity. The offense has no clue and the defense barely has enogh players to break the huddle. This will be a long one for the buffs. 2-10[/SIZE]

13. Iron Mickey

good job RTP!!

14. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

Good Analysis RTP.

thanks for the faith, but I think this is a rebuilding year for me. I predict at least 2 losses, maybe 3. As much as I hate to say this I think the Nubs have the edge in the north this year.