All Equipment Included Gamechanger Idea

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Stanimal032, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Stanimal032

Stanimal032 EMAW

I know most of you here are gameplay guys like myself, but there is a large chunk of the NCAA community that we all know as "Equipment Junkies". These guys want every helmet, face mask, mouthpiece, wrist band, shoulder brace, and gooch tape in the game.

I don't blame them, who doesn't want tape for a pulled gooch?

Anywho, I created an idea on the gamechanger site called "All Equipment Included" for their voice to be heard. If you would, please head over and vote it up! Including all equipment wouldn't take away from gameplay as it seems to have worked very well in Madden 13. If that's what makes the game awesome for these guys, I don't see why it shouldn't be in there if it's available in real-life.

Thanks!

http://www.easports.com/gamechangers/ideas?campaignId=27783

Search "All Equipment Encluded" and you should be able to find it that way.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

3. freernnur5

freernnur5 Walk On

Woah I didn't know this site existed. I will have to put my idea up over there.

Also headed over and upvoted your idea. I myself am not an equipment guy perse but if it improves the game experience for others I see no reason for it to be neglected.

4. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

While I personally couldn't care if these guys had the right helmets on, or a ballet shoes, it would kind of be nice for the entire NCAA community to be pushing towards the same 'sim theory,' instead of equipment vs. gameplay.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Luckily the game changers site also has "No" buttons so I went ahead and searched for "equipment," "facemask," and "helmet" and then voted "No" on everything on the first page of results. Hey, I'll admit it, when it comes to equipment lovers, I'm a straight up hater.

[​IMG]

It was nice seeing this last item and knowing that I'm not alone in disliking this idea (but I'm not sure why it turned up in my search):

universal ratings.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  6. jello1717

Oooooo.

I forgot to search for socks and cleats. Lemme go take care of that too real quick.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:

Look at the leaderboard.

*flex*

• Like Like x 1
  8. Stanimal032

Stanimal032 EMAW

I don't care much about equipment either, but I don't think it should be an either/or issue. Just my $0.02. I still make my guy rock the old school Schutt Air helmet as that was what I wore anyways lol.

9. Stanimal032

Stanimal032 EMAW

I noticed you've got a lot of ideas up there. Well done, good sir.

10. jello1717

I keep forgetting to ask you this. A while back you asked Gators and I for some spread option ideas to bring to EA early in '14's development (or maybe it was '13) and one of my ideas was a WR screen hot route. In '14 I see that outside receivers now have a "smoke screen" hot route

Was that your doing? If so, you rock! If not, then you don't.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Stanimal032

Stanimal032 EMAW

The beauty of 'Merica

12. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:

I don't take credit for the work EA does...I'm just an influencer.

13. Stanimal032

Stanimal032 EMAW

Plus, if it's not something a majority of the community wants, it'll work itself out and the thread will go nowhere. Doesn't hurt my feelings. Just gotta see.

14. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. justca11mejuice

justca11mejuice Walk On

i love this:
    Legal Name: Stanimal032
    Name to foreigners: Stan-eee-mahl032
    Name to those who can't read good: Stamina032

hahaha.

16. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

17. ECFIVESTER

ECFIVESTER Walk On

I'm all for the best simulation I can get, so one day I expect the chain gang to return, fans in the stands to look real even in replays, correct equipment, all coaches on the sidelines, correct gameplay logic and physics that work correctly, cops on the sidelines (including yelling marine officers for Ole Miss), cut scenes that rarely include the mascot, mascots that room the stands and the sidelines while the game is in progress, coach personalities (so I can watch simulated Muschamp almost pop a blood vessel while yelling at a referee, penalties that are actually called and a reason as to how I can improve my team from being called for such, player personalties, each and every crowd chant for every school, each and every band song played for each and every school, PA distinction, PA music (we have two songs now), and much much more.

I wonder how long it takes to get all that in there, I don't really care too much, as long as I'm still having fun with it. And if the game is like the demo, which I expect it is better, then I know I will have fun with NCAA Football 14.

18. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    I agree with the whole best sim experience thing and it should be a combination of visuals and gameplay, but I work in a Collegiate equipment department, and I couldn't care less about that stuff in the games. When the game plays perfectly, that when they should start focusing on that stuff. For them to spend the time putting in every Air XP, 360, Revo, Revo IQ, Revo Speed, DNA, Xenith and the millione other types of helmets into the game and every different size and every different facemask that exists, without even getting to the different types of cleats and different types of gloves, and different type of socks, and different undershirts, and different arm bands, and different tape and different sleeves. It's so expansive and there is soooooo much stuff, that it really is absurd for people to be upset. The amount of effort needed to keep that stuff up to date and accurate is nowhere near the effort.

• Like Like x 2