Archived All Eyes On Me: Michigan vs. Ohio State

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Jun 10, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

All Eyes On Me: #1Michigan vs. #2Ohio State

[​IMG]

Wow, what a year. It's not quite over yet but this week is a big one. One team will be a step closer to playing for the crystal, why the other will get one of the "other" games during bowl season. Win or lose both coaches have had a great season. Coach Maximus has played great all year and doesn't have a blemish. Coach benbuckeye has showed heart as his Buckeyes never gave up after that loss to South Carolina earlier in the year.

The head to head matchup these guys have is not important (I think its' 2-1 Ohio State), you can throw that out the window as both teams prepare for battle.

JerzeyReign's Keys To Victory:

Michigan
    -3rd down conversions. Coming with the spread attack, you have to be able to stay on the field. Letting that OSU defense rest is something you can't afford.
    -Limit Big Plays. Keep everything in front and play smart on 3rd downs. Any little boost in momentum can cause a snowball effect.
    -Take Shots Down The Field. A fleet footed QB will keep all eyes on him and that will cause more defenders in the box than you prefer. Don't be afraid to go over the top as that can create space on the field.

Ohio State
    -Clock Management. Their is a reason UM is undefeated, their offense is potent. You have to keep them off the field as much as possible. Don't be afraid to run on a 3 and 4 early in the game to send a message.
    -Limit Big Plays. UM has a ton of ways to hurt you. Play smart. Play Bend but don't Break defense. Limiting this potent squad to FGs in the redzone will be a plus.
    -Stick To Your Gameplan. No matter what happens early, stick to the plan. Until a lead that forces you to switch up amounts, stick to what you do best.

Now my question for Chaos... Who Do You Got? #1 Michigan vs. #2 Ohio State??

2. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

Come on Jerzey, he already beat me twice, he doesn't need any extra tips on beating me again. At least that jerk Pryor is gone now. I'll take Michigan, but I may be biased.

3. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

hahaha Maximus im going to take the high road and say who ever dosent turn the ball over will win the game. I cant give a prediction, that would go aginst everything my Idol the sweater vest taught me...Oh and if you know the history of this rivalry, you know which ever team goes out and makes a bold prediction ends up losing lol

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I'm going with my Wolverines.... 34-28... aOSU with a late turnover to seal the game

5. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

nice post Jersey,

I have to go with the Wolverines on this one. The key to this victory is their Senior QB D. Robinson making big plays.

QB rating of 168
    2494 pass yards, 22 TDs with only 9 INTs
    800 rushing yards, 10 TDs averaging 7 yards a carry.

If the Oline can hold their blocks he will be a huge weapon. I think if Ohio St gets some pressure and someone constantly in his face this game can easily go for another victory for the Buckeyes. So far this season Michigan has allowed 31 sacks and SR DT Garret Goebel is hoping to add to this number.

I want to see highlights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Yeah both of you guys should save 5 highlights apiece and/or some photos. Man in NCAA '11 you guys are going to think Michigan/aOSU is the national title game or something after I'm done with it, lol

7. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

HAHA jersey i cant wait..i saved 5 highlights and so did maximus..hopefully not all of the same ones lol...will post mine tonight hpefully..worked till 4 today, have softball games at 7 and 9..than a tournameant tommorow lol..if i dont get them up tonight will be saturday night at the latest