All eyes on Purdue v Michigan

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jfosh, Mar 1, 2009.

1. jfosh

jfosh Super

All eyes on Purdue v Michigan

Although Rhude disengages autopilot and jumps back on the stix this week vs Steele the spolight has to be on Purdue and Michigan in the BIG HOUSE!!! Helli has an ax to grind after finishing as the brides maid in last years confrence title race and missing out on a Rose Bowl bid and Bruce has already placed two "L's" on Users with top 10 ten teams. Will the Wolverines draw blood in their 3rd User game of the year or will the Boilermakers dawn their hardhats and lay the pipe to Michigan?

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

This will be an interesting game. Michigan on paper was so much better than last year until they lost Hackett. That's a big change. The Purdue defense was so strong up the middle last year that we were able to focus our attention on holding the edge and really slowed down McGuffie. Two 94 OVR Defensive tackles to graduation later, we'll not have such an easy time controlling the LOS.

With Hackett out, it's like I almost don't know where to focus, because I know Russ isn't just gonna come out and throw it all day, that's not his style.

Should be a good one either way.

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Just watch out for that 6'6" WR he has

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Good game by Rusty, he prevailed 40-31.

They took a 20-0 lead on us and we were in a world of hurt. As slow as my team is on defense, we looked 2-3 steps SLOWER than that. Then somehow we got the momentum back, and got back in the game.

Unfortunately, the damage done in the early going was too much to overcome, even with some comical mistakes by Rusty's players (Brandon Porter, all alone (despite me calling a cover 4!) just never looks up for the ball and it hits him in the back, etc.

Rusty with a good display of sportsmanship at the end of the first half, I was still in a fog from the early display we put on and he told me time was about to run out in the half, so I was able to call a timeout and kick a field goal.

Overall, we just didn't have the horses and/or didn't play well enough to win on the road, good game.

I know that Juggy is the king of doom and gloom. But I can honestly say this was our one and only shot at having a team good enough to win the NC. The players we lose after this year (including B. Williams most likely who will probably go pro) are just too much to overcome and we haven't recruited anybody even remotely close to them the past few seasons. Guys with the superior teams have gotten better at not missing the superior talent like they used to while recruiting, so we'll never get anybody as good as these guys again.... 96 OVR Left Tackle, 96 OVR left guard, Williams, sack monster Daniel Noel, and many many others. The team was good enough this time around. I wasn't.

5. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Pedro Lee proved he can carry the load a bit in this game, I was suprised that he was as good as he was.

Not to get carried away he isnt Mcguffie or Hackett but he is decent and allowed us to run it some and try to keep Helli off balance some. His acc makes him a different type of running back. Great at hitting the hole fast and cut back runs.

The teams both made mistakes but overall it was a well played game.

Porter was not that great in this game and did the stuff I told you guys he does. Makes a great catch and muffs the easy stuff at times.

Happy to ruin Helli's chances after the beating he layed on me last year.

GG brother.

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    this is one of the more intriguing seasons to date.

This was the 1st hurdle for Michigan...do you guys play OSU (currently 3rd?)

Pac 10 is going to nuts...Oregon/ASU/USC/UCLA quad is sick...whoever emerges from the fray with no losses in those 3 games or 1 will likely grab a title shot...we are all in the top 10 I believe.

7. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Yep we play OSU to close the season at home.

We have beaten a few top ten user teams this season.

Texas at Texas, UCLA at home and now Purdue at home.

If we make it we will have earned our trip.

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    dang i forgot about the UCLA dub u got...that hurts them a bit in the national title scene...they'll likely need to run the table...

so u have two user games left in PSU and OSU? damn u surely would deserve that trip...that's a helluva schedule.

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Michigan and Penn State do not play this season.