all fa's locked - win you are needed my friend

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Nov 26, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

i remember we changed the rule to state that on fas you can no increase a mod any longer, the mod must be what the player is on your team due to overall. the capbook still states the old rule. we need a ruling on what it is now so that we can unlock fa's.

2. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

oh, I was of the opinion that the mod was where the player fits on your team and you couldnt increase it but could increase bonus...and salary up to the max for the overall.

3. natedawg212000

me also bruce. i think that was voted on and changed, but never changed in the book, which has caused some issues.

4. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

i understand that we r very busy in RL but how does one person know what they rules r if they r not posted? i understand u guys may have changed the rules but if u dont have time to post changes then have someone be appointed to do that job to update rule changes.

5. natedawg212000

YOu and West are totally right. its an issue that needs fixing.

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Guys, of ALL days to need my opinion on something, this was NOT it. I work in retail.....it's Black Friday.....

I see you guys made a decision, and honestly, the spirit of modifiers were you could not offer a modifier that did not fit your roster. So if a guy wasn't a #1 QB, you couldn't offer a #1 QB mod, and so on.....

That was my vision when I did modifiers was that guys who needed talent could get it by simply being able to give a higher modifier because their talent pool is lower. So if a guy bid on a mid-level player as a 1 mod, and I could use him as a #1 or #2 on my depth chart, I would not have to pay more base salary or bonus; just a higher mod.

So you guys look like you ruled as I would have anyway.

7. natedawg212000

:thumbsup: thanks win

8. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

I'm at my parents with the family, so won't be around much until tomorrow night or Sunday. However I saw this and agree with Win (and apparently everyone else) that mods should be based on where they fit on your roster, not whatever mod you want to give them. I think this gives the advantage to the lesser talented teams as they will be able to offer higher modifiers on free agents that will play a lot on their team as opposed to being depth guys for deeper teams. This is how we want it IMO...