All-Madden or All Pro?

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by HotRod, Aug 14, 2010.

?

All-Madden or All-Pro Setting?

1. All-Madden

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. All-Pro

12 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    All-Madden or All Pro?

Title says it all, what says you?

2. Matt54987

Matt54987 Walk On

I voted all-madden. I can't stand the pee-wee football AI of all-pro.

3. roll2tide

roll2tide Walk On

+1

4. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

I voted All-Pro. Since user vs. user is semi irrelevant, I don't think the CPU games should be impossible which they are when you are a low rated team. Plus, the running game is shifted too far in each direction.

5. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

+1

6. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

I guess even more so is how I break zero tackles...ever and the CPU is continually breaking 3 or 4 or 5 tackles per run. For those that want to play All-Madden how are you dealing with this and feeling the game is realistic. I feel for me to get good at the all-madden level I need to log a ton of hours which I just cannot do. A game every 3 days will not allow me to have a fair games against the CPU which seems to play a perfect game every time.

I just want to hear some real reasons why all-madden seems fair and not that all-pro is pee wee football and what not. Am i not good at the all-madden level because I am not playing enough? Although I don't know how my inexperience attributes to 5 broken tackles or the other teams d-line breaking into the back field every other play.

And the broken tackles seem to not just be RB's but WR, CB and S on picks. Hell even the DL are running wild.

Rant number 2 done.

7. Matt54987

Matt54987 Walk On

I get broken tackles on both versions, but isn't this a full, or mostly full, league? Playing the CPU is a bit irrelevant.

All pro seems to cater way too much to the casual madden player. The AI in the secondary is so bad that even I can go 25/27 for 400 yards and I've never been a good passer. The corners and safeties have no clue what they are doing. At least on all madden it isn't a matter of who has the ball last.

I assume we don't have any casual players since we are not only in a league but in one that costs money. I just really think we should play on a level that provides a challenge and isn't a pushover.

8. babydemon90

babydemon90 Walk On

you know what they say when you assume....

9. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

I would say I am a casual player. I like to play and pay for this so that I am in a league that actually has people who play and keep up with the league as opposed to every random league where the people drop after the first loss.

Again, since the user vs. user games don't seem to be the issue, having the CPU vs. User games set at all-pro may give more incentive to make your user vs. user game. If you play my team when I am the Rams, user vs. user I have a chance. CPU vs. User I am more than likely sunk. I willingly took on the rams but figured with good game planning and solid play I could make up some of the difference in those games. I know it isn't about winning, but it is about being competitive and having fun games which I don't think can happen for the bottom tier and some of the middle tier of teams in this league if we play on All-Madden.

Just so everyone knows, I am good with what the majority chooses, I just want to offer a voice for this side of the argument. I understand where people say All-Pro is too easy but for some it may offer an adequate challenge and allow there games against CPU teams to be fun instead of frustrating because they can't run the ball or tackle anyone.

And I think more casual games exist in this league than you think. When you are 25, have a job and a family, Madden gets to have priority for maybe and hour a night. And that is a huge maybe. I am not in college anymore where I have a ton of time or live on my own where if I want to play Madden for 5 hours, I can. I love to game but as I get older I become more casual but still want my time that I can game to be enjoyable.

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

That's how I feel as well... I played for alittle bit in the OMFL on All Pro... Wasn't kept under 100 yards in 8 games, 6 times I had well over 200.... All Pro is just too easy

11. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I am in the same boat as NIUHuskie in terms of family life, and based on my count there are 24 users that have accepted invites, so most of the time people are going to play user v. user games. Based on my team's schedule I play four computer games, that is one out of every four games I play the computer. Without looking, I think that is a fair average based on probablities that everyone is going to have four cpu games. I do not believe having it on all pro is going to be a significant problem on degree of difficulty.

12. babydemon90

babydemon90 Walk On

can always start on all-pro, and next season switch it up if it's a problem - the poor teams in the league will likely get a little better then too...

13. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

I also think for those who like All-Madden, the league could get hugely off balance with CPU players winning too many games and then the playoffs could be watered down with CPU teams. I like the idea of all-pro season one and moving from there. I just think even at 50/50 for the setting, the fact that the game could essentially be way too hard for half the league could prove to be too frustrating and cause for drops and people to stop caring.

14. priestmvp

priestmvp FOOTBALL!!!!

Well imo gotta come up with some custom sliders whichever way you go. AP is too easy but AM is ridiculously too hard and just stupid to even try to play. You would be better off using the "supersim" feature than trying to beat the cpu on AM. lol As usual they need a difficulty setting between AP and AM.

15. priestmvp

priestmvp FOOTBALL!!!!

whoops voted all pro but meant to vote all madden. I don't ever wanna play the cpu on am but for user games am would probly be better for cpu ai I would think. I don't know.

16. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Well this is just a shot in the dark but what about designating 3 or 4 guys to play for the CPU when a user has a CPU game?

17. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

This, or (which has been discussed before) we need the option to import custom sliders into a franchise (such as NCAA 11) and also be able to make slider adjustments at any time.

18. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Making slider adjustments that will have 32 guys agree on is impossible.

Not feeling this All-Pro movement

19. Matt54987

Matt54987 Walk On

I am surprised at the votes. There are people on the OS and EA forums calling for programmer's heads after seeing how easy all-pro is (it is the ranked setting online..hard for some to avoid). All-pro is just waaaay to easy and unrealistic this year. In the past, I agree that all-madden was hard--almost to the point of cheating with ghost interceptions--but this year those are gone.

While AM doesn't fix everything that is wrong on all pro, at least you can call man coverage and not be burnt. If we go all-pro, I expect a lot of games to be 52-49. It will also take some fun out of trading. I recently put most of my team on the block looking for another corner, but if we go all-pro that would be a moot point as there is no way i'd trade CJ when on AM I at least had the thought in my head.

20. priestmvp

priestmvp FOOTBALL!!!!

yeah thats why i want my vote to be all madden...clicked on all pro when i voted

21. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

And its not even this year's All-Pro setting... every year its easy.... putting our franchise on All-Pro to help the "casual" gamers will only make it 100x easier for the Maddenites... when those two collide, the score will probably be very unrealistic... especially when people find their "money" plays

22. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Perhaps you're right, but I'd rather be voting on which custom sliders to import instead of voting AP vs. AM.

23. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I agree with this statement and cast my vote with All-Madden.

24. spliff616

spliff616 Walk On

I didn't think that sliders were an option for online franchises.

Also, I was under the impression that we are aiming to have a full 32 teams in this league. If that is the case, how much of an impact does the difficulty setting have? I thought that the only time difficulty came into play was CPU games.

25. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

What did we use last year? aside from a couple guys rushing for 2800 yards stats were pretty accurate if I remember. and scores were not all that unrealistic?

I'm voting All-pro because I have to vote for the setting that I think favores ME most. which is the job of every coach is it not :) I think i can stay with most owners on all pro, and get lucky against a few of the top owners and thats all it takes to make the playoffs.

All-Madden will cost me all of my CPU games. I will lose any that are simmed thanks to my teams shitty ratings, if I gamble and play them with my scrub team i will lose those unless i play 50 hours a week which I am not going to do. so i start out with 3--4 losses already penciled in, thats not much wiggle room. All-Pro gives me those same cpu losses as wins immedately and I only have to come up with 5-7 more on my own.