All Madden or All-Pro?

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by Kidofcrash23, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

What say you???

I always prefer All -Madden, harder the better. What about you?

2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

the ratings of players are better represented on All-Pro. All-Madden juices the players beyond their ratings. Anyways, all games will be user vs. user.. so you should get plenty of competition.

• Like Like x 1
  3. brizz98

brizz98 Walk On

I agree. We tried all madden in the TMFL 12 and it was a total failure.

4. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

My recollection was that when there was a vote, it was split, then a re-vote happened after the season and before the poll was pulled down, majority already voted for all-madden.

The stats in the first season did not indicate anything that would suggest that all-madden was impossible to play on.

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I have no experience with Madden so im impartial on this.

RynoAid
    I changed my avatar and can't change it back. I try and its too big (thats what she said). Go ahead and switch me back to the Rams if you have a moment.

6. TheRealHalupka

TheRealHalupka Walk On

I'll say All-Pro as well. I def. agree with the juicing up of ratings on All-Madden mode. I haven't played that mode in years.

7. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

difference is we won't be voting here. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

This is probably one of the biggest misconceptions in all of Madden. And the reason there won't be a vote on this.

I might give you that Heisman is harder in an online dynasty you're playing 8 games a season against computer teams, but All-Madden certainly isn't harder against a human.

I'll say all of this with the caveat that I haven't played the game yet, and some times you need to kick the tires and experience it yourself.

But historically speaking the advantages to All-Pro over All-Madden ...

1 - Player ratings are more accurately portrayed on the field. All-Madden plays games with ratings to make the game tougher. IMO this devalues the role of being a good GM - since ratings are fluffed all over the place and speed tends to become THE rating to worry about.

2 - The AI on All-Madden does all sorts of gimmicks and "cheats" to make game play tougher - most of which are unrealistic. A great example was cornerbacks in NCAA last year magically knowing when you were going to run to their side and immediately bolting in toward the ball carrier (this actually happened but to a bit lesser extent in All-American as well).

• Like Like x 3
  9. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

I have some questions about settings for TLY like quarter length and clock run-off but I haven't seen anything detailing settings here until this discussion. Do you know those details yet or are you going to wait until launch to decide and announce the rules? Thanks.

10. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

yea.. that will all be looked at when game is in hand. I should have it a bit early and can work some of that out prior to launch though.

11. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

Glad to hear that we'll be playing in All-Pro. (y)

12. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

Yea all pro!!

13. Zetroc

Zetroc Uncle Rico Inspired

all pro