Archived All-Madden: Revisited

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Shaun Mason, May 9, 2012.

?

Which difficulty do you prefer?

1. All-Pro

48.5%
  2. All-Madden

51.5%
  1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Guys,

Since we are now half way through the year, I would like your feedback about All-Madden.

Please vote in the poll above and @fuzzylogic and I will use your feedback to make a decision about the settings.

Shaun

2. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

I've realized that inside runs work more of AM, because last season all my inside runs would get stuffed, but this year they are actually working.

I've more time in the pocket than usual,
    My defenders drop more Interceptions than usual.

My team is getting more pressure this season than last season

My team seems to not be able to stop the run

But im up for All-Madden because it makes the game harder and All-Pro is just too easy to me

3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I'm abstaining from voting given that I just joined and only played 1 game with it.

That said, it seemed like DB's were a little more psychic than previously and that kind of irritated me when I tried to throw my patented deep comeback routes - that got under my skin.

Other than that I thought it played great. Capp and I had a great game, was a lot of fun.

4. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

I'm gonna go with all madden for the simple fact that my defenders for the most part play the way they are supposed to play. There have been plenty of times over the course of my Tmfl career that I feel helpless on defense when on all pro. When I make the perfect defensive call for a particular situation I feel I should be rewarded and personally I don't feel like I do on all pro.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

I voted All Madden simply because I always want to play on the hardest settings.

Other reasons:

• Outside runs are contained better
    • CBs make plays on balls especially on curl,comebacks instead of standing there behind the receiver watching. Curls on man defense are $$$ on All Pro, still tough to stop in AM, but at times, the CB will try to swat it or attempt to make a play
    • Overpowered DTs seem to be contained for now
    • A bad throw to a CB will likely end up being a pick, all pro seems to drop more often. Harsher consequence for bad mistakes
    • You know that if you have a great player, especially on defense, that you know they will play like a great player.
    • The engine is bad where cb or lb makes a play without looking, i always think of that as the cb or lb making the plays they are supposed to make.

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  6. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

100% agree

7. bjbdahitman

bjbdahitman Andy Reid to KC... Finally a real coach...

I voted All-Pro, but I don't care one way or the other... I don't mind AM either...

8. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

All-Pro is the better option IMO

injuries are just out of control on AM

runs up the middle are alot easier on AM

AI bails you out more often on AM than AP

ill go with majority either way

9. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I dont see how AM has any advantages and I think it takes a lot of the user skill out of the game.

• Like Like x 3
  10. capp34

What is this about running up the middle is easier on all madden? Or do you mean it's harder to stop runs up the middle? My defense plays better in all catergoies so I'm not really seeing that.

11. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

When I play against users who can control their S/LBs really well, running up the middle is still difficult. I think it depends on who and what type of defensive scheme you play against.

12. capp34

Can I get an example please? are you referring to user defense or user catches?

13. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I hate AM.

14. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

i agree with our SB champ in the fact the ai bails you out alot of the time so user skills arent much of a factor as they are on AP

15. capp34

Again what user skills? playing Dline, intercepting passes, etc.

Last edited: May 9, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  16. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

I see it the opposite way. On All-Pro users can easily run circles around the stupid AI. On AM it's more of a X's and O's type game. Running up the middle is easier on AM? I don't see this.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ghost

It may not be easier but trust me last season all my Inside runs were averaging about 2-4 yards.. this season im breaking inside runs for TD's

18. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Can I be like Obama and abstain from every vote in the Senate?

10-10, ugh. Guess I'll think a bit.

19. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

You mean you can't manipulate the AI on AM? I can still do the same things on AM as I can on All-Pro, only difference I see is the speed of the game has slightly increased and AI acts smarter. You better tuck the ball and lower head as well, otherwise turnovers might be an issue for some.

20. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

I broke plenty of big plays up the middle in all pro in my limited games last season...Inside runs are effective in all pro just as in all madden. Running in general is easier in this years game than in the past. from my experience in the league so far, inside runs were not effective in all pro because people were busy trying to run outside and never gave it a chance since we are all use to the canned animation of madden that warped defenders to ball carriers in the past.

21. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I feel like the things I dislike about AM make the game less fun than the things I dislike about all pro....

For example , running a 4-3 def I get zero pressure on QB with a better front 4 than I did on AP the year before , never see d-line break blocks in pass protect, only sacks I see are either coverage sacks or when an overload happens. Also, CPU defender AI seems more psychic , yet drops more pics somehow. IF somebody wants to user d-line all game and let CPU play defense it works to that persons benefit.

With AP the AI does dumb shit more often, but there are more broken blocks, which to me means you need to actually vary up the offense. If a guy wants to run 15 times up the middle on AM its not hard to make that happen because the o-line never gets broken up.

Again I wish to hell we had some sliders to tinker with but we don't , I think the game plays with less predictability on AP so thats where I voted.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Interested in this as well...

Voting coming down to crunch time....very close

23. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Haha well you never played me last season! LSUTRUTH knows how many times Fred Jackson busted one up the gut on him :)

24. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

That and what Matrix Monkey said is the reason why I voted for All-Pro

25. Ghost

24 votes in... 12-12 tie 6 more votes left lol this is a close one!