All-Madden vs All-Pro

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Feb 23, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

All-Madden vs All-Pro

A lot of leagues are starting to swap over to All-Madden. I personally hate all madden. Zone defenses (which are the only thing used by 90% of this league) will be unbeatable, int's will go up, good teams will be even better while bad teams will be even worse. I think it will hurt competition here and it will lower offensive numbers while increasing defensive numbers. Those are just a few of my complaints, not to mention the very very very buggy things the game does on all-madden that it doesn't do on all-pro. I am just not excited about making the swap, but in fairness to the league I think it should be discussed.

thoughts?

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I practice on all-madden when I work on my passing game to sort of mimic a human opponent. Of course it's not a perfect substitute but it is a challenge.

If we go with the "no CPU" rules we are discussing in another thread, won't this sort of be a moot point?

3. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Not really Win because even in User vs User games the non-human controlled players will be responding to whatever skill level we use. So if we switch the AI controlled players will be of the All-Madden skill level.

I do know if I have much an opinion on this yet. If switching to all-madden would make for even for sim-type games I am all for it but I am not sure if that is the case.

Nate, what kind of feedback has the other leagues had from this? What made them want to go with all-madden?

4. natedawg212000

Mega is making the swap now, so no feed back yet from them. Gaddy is in a few leagues who have made the swap. What most leagues have made the swap for, was due to the increase in the level of difficulty. I grant you that WILL happen, but IMO the cost far out weigh the benefits that you may receive from making the jump. It's something to consider i guess.

5. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

Im not so sure about the idea either. Best to wait and see. Maybe do a test of it at the end of the year in the toilet bowl or something.

6. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

This is something I will need to test. I am not as familiar with the difference. Without testing, it doesn't sound like a bad idea to make it harder for players, but I will wait to hear more about if from you guys who know more about it than me.

7. natedawg212000

claven, thats a good suggestion.

8. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

After seeing the feedback I do agree with Claven. Any participants in toilet bowl could play at All Madden and let us know if it warrants a change leaguewide.

Nice job guys.

9. Big D

Big D Walk On

Sorry I'm getting to this late. I'm out of town at a state tournament all week long....AND the wireless at our hotel is out! Sheesh.

I'm with Claven and Win here....let's use it in the toilet bowl and let our rules committee decide from there.