All Members: Help A Brother Out

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Shaun Mason, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
  2. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I just wanted to update and say we are about 2/3 of the way done generating funds.

If a few more people chip in we can do something really nice for a friend.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

4. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Guys, I don't know what to say, other than thank you.

Shaun sent me an email and I was totally surprised and shocked. Shaun was very sincere and basically commanded me to accept the gift from you all. I felt a little embarassed at first, but Shaun told me that it wasn't charity, or veiled pity, but just a gift and a blessing from God. When my wife read Shaun's email she cried and hugged me for what seemed hours. Something like this is a testimony to the friendship on this site.

I never asked for pity or even help, but friends took it upon themselves to be a blessing. I had no idea this was going on. I've been working 3rd shift since everything has happened, but my time with her has still been wonderful despite our loss. It has made us closer and taught me perspective even more than I had known.

Anyways, thank you gentleman. I'm a pretty prideful guy (not in a "cocky" sense) and normally a thing like this is hard to accept, but I know those who gave, gave because they wanted to and for that I'm extremely grateful.

I want to add that my problems are no worse than any of yours, but with that in mind I thank you even more for kindness.

Thank you men
    Your friend,
    Joshua Evans

• Like Like x 6
  5. Gyrene76

I want to add,

my wife didn't cry because of an xbox in itself, but the kind gesture and openness that Shaun shared. As he said he faced something very similar and he knows how hard it is. My wife cried at this and it touched her greatly.

6. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Anyone else?

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'll say this:

My grandfather told me once that we should never feel the need to do good deeds out of some sense of responsibility. They are not responsibilities; they are opportunities, and in every instance, we receive much more than we give, and it is we who should be thankful for the chance to do such things.

That always stuck with me, and I'm sure the guys who donated their funds or their thoughts know exactly what he meant.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Well said.

Thanks for your contribution, also.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    A couple more contributions and I can order Gyrenes Xbox.

11. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Josh, my wife and I went through similar tragedies early in our marriage, and I wish I could help more. Just keep the faith and things will work out in the long run.

All the best, and hopefully a little gaming can help take your mind off of things occassionally.

12. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Let's go guys. If you only have a few bucks, it still helps get us there. Let's close this thing up for Josh.

13. Gyrene76

Thanks Dru, I appreciate you man. I've just placed my interest more into reading and film again, but miss the people more than anything from the leagues.

Shaun, Drifter, thanks again guys.

14. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Just for reference, we just crossed the amount needed to order it. The funds are en route to my bank account so I can buy online and ship it to him.

Thank you everyone who made this a reality.

15. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Josh, saw the post and couldn't not help you out man.

Hope all turns around for you and your family. God bless you

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lobster Killah

Lobster Killah Custom Title!?

Hey man glad we could help you out in any way possible. I'm not positive what happened, but whatever it is sounds bad, and I hope that being able to play some xbox along with your other hobbies and family/friends can help in the healing process at least a little.

Pancake Bunny sends his best wishes as well. :bunny:

17. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

God bless.

18. Gyrene76

Cimmy, thanks again man. I don't know what else to say to you guys, but want you to know that I'm super grateful. If I can help you all in the future in any way, please let me know.

Thanks Lobster, I had to leave a couple of the leagues you joined, but everyone faces tragedy. I was just fortunate enough that a lot of friends on this site helped me out. And thanks to the pancake bunny as well :)

God Bless you too buddy.

man, thanks again for this undertaking you brought upon your self. You are a good man.

19. DC

DC Shake n Bake

I think it's great that several of us ps3 side members donated. Says a lot about the community in general

20. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Sure does man. I'm very impressed at this time.

21. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

GAME ON!

[​IMG]

22. Gyrene76

I know man, I know that God will bless you all.

+100!

:) I couldn't agree more man

23. Masler

Masler Moderator

I was waiting to get paid but they crossed the amount before I could so I just want to give my condolences. You and I played once in the 4th Horsemen so I want every one to know this guy should be respected like no other, he gave me a sound ass whooping and was very humble about it. I know times are tough right now man but just keep your head up, my mom is going through an ugly divorce right now so I thought I'd pass along that advice.

24. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Glad to see this was done, Shaun you really did a great thing here. After X-mas the fiancee would have killed me if I spent more money before I got paid again and unfortunately they crossed the line before hand, but just want to pass on many many many good vibes and thoughts to you and your family during the trying times.

Always good to remember what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger!

25. Gyrene76

Thanks again to both of you. @masler, Man i hope the situation works out with your family. I hate divorce man.

and thanks nutter. I heard that last line you quoted many times from my dad who kind of made it my mantra growing up. He is a Marine, so definitely lived by that. I know not to act pitiful because one can't be pitiful and powerful at the same time. But like I've stated, you all did this furtively, and I found it very kind.

Thanks again guys.