All Members Please Read

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by Sabo, Aug 3, 2010.

?

Is the weekly recaps too much writing ?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Come up with a new idea to replace the weekly recaps

8 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

All Members Please Read

Guys I had something i was gonna run by yall. First i want to commend all fo the enthusiasam and activity everyone here has displayed. Now with that being said I know we require weekly recaps etc and everyone has been doing an excellent job with them. I

The reason i started this thread is because i actually enjoy doing the write ups etc but it may be a bit much for some of you. And the last thing i want to do is get you guys burnt out on the writing aspect of the dynasty.

So i will attach a poll to this thread and just pick what you think

If its voted that weekly summaries by everyone is too much i am open to suggestions on something that could replace it, like i said i love the way everything is running here i just dont wanna burn anyone out.

Please discuss your thoughts concerns suggestions etc on this matter

Thank you

2. csboiler05

csboiler05 Walk On

I think they're a good idea, but on the same note I like that fact that there's no certain amount of info that must be included. It's cool to actually read a little bit about the game. For example if you looked at the stats for my game against Maryland you would have assumed I go my butt kicked, but I was able to comment about turnovers, etc. so I think the recaps are good, but that's just me.

3. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

i like the recaps alot and i think that with leaving it as "be as in depth or creative" as you want to be gives a large margin for different experience levels of writing too.

4. distrktFIVE

distrktFIVE Walk On

I agree with both of y'all. Perhaps they don't need to be "required" but just something that we do since we like it.

5. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

I think the main thing is that its a "recap" not a full on word for word explanation of the whole entire game. Tell me about your stats, your stars, your main plays and injuries and I'll read it. Go into a 2 page rant like you work for the LA Times and ill skip it

6. Tiger171

Tiger171 ONE FULL SEASON WITH NO TF's!! VICTORYYYY!!

I like the recaps. It kind of gives you an insight of each user's games and for the guys that play in the same conference with other users it can also be used as somewhat of a scouting tool to see others tendencies with pass/run, key targets, etc.

7. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

I think having a recap should be mandatory, because it gives the readers an insight as to how the game went...plus it keeps things interesting, otherwise there would be no activity and kind of render this league useless if all anyone did was played their games and that was that.

With that being said, I think everyone is doing a great job so far. Each individual has their own writing style and it seems to work.

8. trustandfall

trustandfall Walk On

I agree.. It should be mandatory, but doesn't require a ton of depth... But give us something! Everyone came to THIS site because they wanted an OD that more active and community oriented than your typical one.. I think. Thats why I'm here anyway.

9. bdub

bdub Walk On

I think its a great thing to do but should not be required. Stuff comes up and its not always possible to put it together on a daily basis.