All Members

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jayrah, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Let's maximize our league participation and fun through the extras such as ESPN POTW (Play of the Week) entry & voting, Tweet Board (made especially to keep us up to date and interactive with non time consuming entries), Game of the Week, Game Summaries and League votings guys.

I know most of us are busy with work and other dynasties, etc, and it's not all required. But I also know that a few of us are really spending some time here so that you don't have to, just to make all of us a very fun, accessible and interactive league. You don't have to participate in ALL of the threads, but you guys asked for these extras, and the most dedicated members are trying to create a less time consuming way for you to stay connected to your league, while still utilizing as many threads as possible, so please take advantage!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

+1...even I figured it out and im old.

3. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

exactly.. we got some NICE things coming yall to add even more to the material we have... it means nothing without participation tho

4. uscsux

uscsux Walk On

I don't want to be "that guy" but there are some things that should be addressed before you expect people to be as involved as others. If you notice there have only been 3 people to respond to this post. Those three people are the most active on the boards and the ones who want to be active. As simple as it may seem to respond to posts it is not that easy for everyone. For example, I work 30 hours a week and I am enrolled in 12 units in graduate school. Also, I try to balance a social life and I have a girlfriend. My extra time is very limited and to be honest the extra time I do have is usually used to sleep and get caught up on school work, not to be posting on these forums. Creating a POTW video takes around 30 minutes to find the video and create the highlight upload it online then put it onto Youtube. Making a creative summary with stats and pictures also takes a solid 15 minutes. Posting a tweet message takes between 2-5 minutes. My point being that many of us signed up to play sim football and have some good competitive fun. Doing all of these things every 2-3 days is additional time that many of us don't have to do 2-3 times a week. I am not discouraging the extra things that are going on in the board. I really enjoy reading the posts and seeing the pictures. However, I think it is fair for their not to be an expectation for everyone to post on the POTW especially if they don't have a good play. Also, we did not vote if that was something we wanted to do. The same can be said for the tweets. Thing like the game of the week preview last year was great because it involved one person who wanted to committ the time to make the league more exciting and it is something they enjoyed. I just thought that this is something that should be acknowledged before the league gets upset at certain people for lack of participation. It is not that people don't want to participate they just may not have the time . Many of us signed up before all of these new additions to the league were in place. I can speak for myself that I just want to play sim football with a great group of guys. I believe that is what we have here and there should be no animosity for lack of participation if not everyone has the time. Again I am not discouraging growth and new exciting things on the boards. I just think that there should be an understanding that not everyone has the time to be as active and able to put in the same efforts as others.

5. DreSmithJr

Honestly USCsux,

you responding here, and explaining your situation is fine with me. TF has always had the requirement to post game summaries. thats the minimum. As long as you can do that, im fine and im about 95% sure Jayrah an Reechem understand.

All we are trying to do is make this league one of the best on the site. That takes an effort from all. and and BIGGER effort from those who can. Me and Jayrah are working on sum bigs things and we are trying to think of a ton of things to get every1 involved.

I can think of a couple ways to get u involved without having to actually type up extra stuff as well.

matter fact.. ima PM u my number. shoot me a text. and ill tell u the ideas.

It will be something u can text me weekly to contribute..

its BRILLIANT!!

;)

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Right, being part of TF is adding content, a small game summary at the minimum. If you want to just play, there a places for that. Im pretty easy going when it comes to content and all that but Dre is right. We are trying to put forth the effort and make this league top notch, being as it really is the only one of its kind here on TF (late night / west coast, whatever you want to call it). Believe me man, I understand being busy. I work 8 hours a day, get home and watch a 2 year old and a 4 month old until the wife gets home from school around 9pm PST. Then try to fit in games, dinner, time with the wife. etc... So your not alone. Do what you can do and have fun. Thats all im asking for.

7. uscsux

uscsux Walk On

Thanks guys for your response. I don't have a problem with summaries and the minimal participation. Sorry for not making that clear. I do enjoy what the league is doing. My only complaint is that there are some things that take a lot of time that the league has came up with that many people have not agreed to. I am not asking to be an absent member of the boards, I am just saying don't expect a lot from everyone when not everyone agreed to something. Also, I know that I am not the only one with a busy schedule. That was one of my purposes of posting this. It was to speak for those who may not want to say they don't have the time. I really enjoy this league and I really enjoy the growth on the boards. There should just be an understanding that not everyone may be able or want to be as active as others.

I really enjoy this league and I don't want to create any tension. I just felt that I needed to speak up about this.

8. DreSmithJr

I got with Matty ICE (Aka USCsux) and he will be contributing STILL even with a busy schedule. that just shows u guys if u have a issue or concern speak up and we can work it out.

ps

USC = #1 :-p

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I wont tolerate these lies on this board :p

10. DreSmithJr

where is the DISlike button

11. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Ive been trying to find a good play for the POTW vote, its just none of my plays have been top notch so far. Guess thats what happens when youre a run first team

12. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Where are votes cast for POTW? ight e easier to tur oe of these threads ito a poll. keyoard too roke will ake suggestio later.

13. Jayrah

WGW, Great Idea on the poll for last weeks plays. I'll start posting a poll as well in the Night Owls Daily. Thanks for the suggestion!!!

@Uscsux and everyone else in his situation: I understand the situations that we are all in brother :). I figure we are all busy with at least a job and maybe school or whatever it is. I appreciate you posting but just at my point that post must've taken 10 minutes. I'm not saying everyone has to post or needs to try to post everyday. But between all 12 of us we should be able to keep the posting fresh on a daily basis. My thinking is take 15-20 minutes (as many times as we can) each playing "week" (or every 72 hours) to post a 10 minute summary, a quick 2 minute tweet, post your video and read a few posts of material. If you break it up into days it's less than 10 minutes a day. Or just add the time to your game, before and/or after. 1 1/2 - 2 hours and your week is in.

I don't know man I'm not trying to force anything on anyone as far as participation, but a large part of our site and leagues are participation based. It's why the sites exist. However we all realize that your life is more important any day. I know mine sure is. I'm just up late and for no good reason I do my things while I midnight snack, lol. So I can certainly do some extra things before going to sleep. So that's why I take more time than I need to, to make this a great league. If you have a great idea that would help you participate (not you specifically but anyone here) in a higher capacity, please let us know. I want this to be fun for everyone that's why I'm trying, along with Dre, mexi and Rec to maximize your participation while minimizing your time requirements. I'm glad Dre had an idea to keep you involved for sure :)

14. uscsux

uscsux Walk On

@ Jayrah
    I am not asking to be exempt from participation. If anything I want to participate a lot more. However, like previously stated my schedule is limited and I do what I can and don't want to be a slacker. Also, I realize that I am not the only one who has a life. By no way was I trying to say I am more busy or more important than anyone else. I just wanted to make it clear that my participation at times may seem bleak and at other times it will be very high. It was just a disclaimer more so than me being upset and a way to communicate to everyone. This league is awesome and I really enjoy everything about it! I will try to find more time so that my participation is higher. Thanks to Dre my involvement has increased already. Pics and videos will be coming shortly and my summaries will be more in depth. Just give me time :)

Also, thanks to everyone who is putting forth a lot of effort to make this league fun and exciting. It is great to come on the forums every hour or so and see new content.

15. Jayrah

My Homie. Yes, I think we are and have always been on the same page here :thumbsup: Thanks for the clarification. Totally not trying to bash you or anyone else with limited time for not posting as much as I do. Believe me I understand the time crunch. I dropped 2 other leagues just so I can fully participate in 1, instead of being partial in a couple and trying to manage my life as well. This is the most fun I've ever had with an NCAA game, largely in part to TF and the forums, and in particular this league. And we're just over a year into it. Just trying to find ways to include all yall, as well as have a league of participation, as we may be looking to do bigger and better things with this league, in relation to TF in the future. Also thank you for the civil conversation, I really appreciate that as it's sometimes easy to get defensive on these subjects, even if not under attack. I have no problems with anyone here for reals! Certainly not calling you out for trying to be more important, just conversing.

@ Everyone: What do you guys think about a midseason or offseason all member deal? My brain's not functioning the way it was earlier today when I had an idea for this, but let's get some ideas rolling on something we can do to include everyone in a Night Owls Blowout Thread. Just once a season. Or maybe one "featured" member a week (REAL 7 DAY WEEK, LIKE EVERY SATURDAY OR MONDAY) gives a Lengthy Premium Post on anything they want pertaining to football, whether it be league, real life, your thought of the BCS, fantasy, whatever. Maybe it's too much, just thinking of something that we could all do to be included as premium participants.

16. uscsux

uscsux Walk On

Interviewing a coach each week could be interesting. Who will facilitate the interview and the type of questions would be something to look into further. Whether it is about the game or real life like you stated would be interesting.

17. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

I like the interview a coach a week idea. Kinda like a state of the team address for that season. I could facilitate the interviews, put less stuff on ray and dre to have to do.

18. Jayrah

I LOVE IT FELLAS! Mexi that's your ballgame bro! I don't know how everyone feels about swapping #s for text. Because I know for me I can do an interview over the phone way easier than online. Or at least set up on the phone a time to do a 5 or 10 minute IM on the internet.