ALL OWNERS MUST READ: New OMFL Content Rules

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Hi all, before I go anyfurther you need to post that you read and understand everything I am posting here.

The OMFL has always been a content first league, in fact we have simply 'blown away' all of the competition in the past with the variety and amount of our content articles. We've had power rankings, podcasts, predictions, gambling threads, survivor threads, fantasy studs. . . .heck I could go on and on.

However, the past month things have gone way down hill in regards to content. Because of the persistent issues surrounding this game, it is more important than ever to have an active flow of content to keep interest high.

Futhermore, win or lose the vast majority of owners here consider ourselves friends and even more than the actual games we look forward to the articles and banter that happens here on the forums. It gives all of us a little 'break from reality' if you will and is a nice change.

These are the principles and ideals that this league was founded on and will always continue to be at the forefront. Because of the lack of effort from even very long time owners we are instituting a few new rules. Please make sure you read and understand everything below.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) All teams must now create a 'Team News Thread' and update it Weekly
    • This thread will be created in the Team News Section, and be titled "Jacksonville Jaguars Team News". Substitute your team name for mine :)
    • You will be required to update this team news thread with a 'fresh' article at least once per calendar week. This article does not have to be a novel or a nobel prize winning article. We realize that not everybody is equal when it comes to writing skills. Rather, just give us a weekly update on what is happening with your team whether it be injuries, player stats, position battles or changes, or anything else you find interesting about your team that you can share with the league.
    • Furthermore, in this thread you will also copy and paste ALL of your game recaps. This means even if you lose and you don't write a game summary article, you will need to copy/paste that article in your team summary thread. This will get you to read those articles and foster a more sportsman like atmosphere in the OMFL.
    • The deadline will be TUESDAY NIGHTS. You must update your thread by midnight on Tuesday night or you will be issued a warning.
    2) Game Summaries now must be a minimum of 150 words, completed 24 hours within the end of the game.
    • We are getting tired of seeing 'Jags win 24-10 with a great run D and MJD. GG Frank!". Those types of recaps just don't cut it. If you'd like to see how recaps are supposed to be done, check out my game recaps or Winuvas'. You don't need to be a regular journalist and be error free. However please give us as many details of the game as possible and try to make it an interesting read! 150 word minimum is now in effect.
    • All winning owners must STILL post their their summaries, however we have had some issues with even long time owners not posting game summaries or doing it very late. Because of this you now have 24 hours after the completion of the game to post your summary.
    • Failure to do any of these things will result in a strike/warning against the owner. We are going to start getting very strict on this.
    3) Other Content

• Because we still have a regular flow of other content on the main forum, we aren't instituting any more rules. . .yet. If regular content continues to fall off then we will have no choice but to 'force' more content from everybody. Let's not let it come to that.
    • We need somebody to take over POWER RANKINGS and PODCAST. I dropped the podcast duties a month or so ago as it was just too much for me, and because I work in radio anyways it kind of felt like doing work when I got home from work if you know what I mean. Please post if you are willing to do regular Power Rankings or Podcasts.
    • Further, I need everybody to post what they are willing to committ to on a regular basis. I know we already have some guys doing things but I want to get a new official list down here.

2. Matt54987

Matt54987 Walk On

Read and understood.

You say you work in radio (and you live near me). What station do you work at?

3. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

Read and understood...

I will commit to updating the playoff picture a couple times a week for the remainder of the season. I will also continue my weekly OMFL Stat of the Week feature if it provides value to the league.

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I got no problem with that.

5. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

I would love to do the Power Rankings it sounds like a fun thing to do.. also gives me the chances to learn more about others.. but dunlap can u get ahold of me when u get a chance and i will see about the podcast also

6. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

Read and signed. will still do weekly fantasy studs, and update TF rankings once they come back

7. Big D

Big D Walk On

Correct, I work for Radio Spokane and for the Sports Broadcasting production company BSports.org. I actually just called a Cheney game last week on 1230-AM KSBN. We have the East Valley vs West Valley game this Friday.

8. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

ok i change my mind about the podcasting lol i will get with frisk about the Power Rankings tho

9. StevenRhysCann

StevenRhysCann Arizona Cardinals

Read and signed.

10. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Maybe we should donate to buy a program that can scan articles for plagarism, we should also use MLA format. Maybe we should start giving grades on articles and if you can't maintain a gordon rule C then you get booted after a semester.. err sorry season.

Read and Signed

11. dritsch

dritsch Walk On

(mustang20241) oh ok dunlap, you post the nazi information and you say your dropping your only content when we are lacking

lol. signed

12. Matt54987

Matt54987 Walk On

Nice! I help cover Eastern football for the school paper. I also have a featured article on linebacker J.C. Sherritt in today's Easterner.

If you're ever at an EWU home game, let me know!

13. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Read and signed

14. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

Sounds good!

15. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

read and signed

16. Big D

Big D Walk On

Dritsh if you have a problem with what the board unanimously decided here please file a complaint with Frisk.

Thanks

17. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

I think he was quoting something Mustang said on AIM...

18. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

Read and signed although rule 1 seems like a bit much. I know I'm not only speaking for myself here...

19. Big D

Big D Walk On

I don't see how guys are thinking its a bit much. We are talking literally less than five minutes of your time, once per week. Is that really too much to ask?

20. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Dritsh just pasted an AIM message from mustang. it wasnt his words

21. Big D

Big D Walk On

I see that now...lol. I was on my phone and didn't notice that earlier.

22. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

(coltsjames03) oh ok dunlap, you post the nazi information and you say your dropping your only content when we are lacking

the real culprit

23. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Read and understood.

24. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Read and signed. Seems like a good idea to me

25. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

Read and understand.