All - Please read and acknowledge

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Dru50, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

All - Please read and acknowledge

1. I will be moving the difficulty level to AA prior to the next advance and implementing a slider set that is used in OFFL E-League. It's a bit different than what some of the other TF leagues use, but I think it will satisfy the requests that RB's aren't completely nerfed ability wise. I will post them here when I advance tonight (they've been amended and aren't up to date in OFFL's league page). I am enjoying the sliders there because the running game feels right and the passing game is challenging but still effective. The CPU can be tough but isn't as ludicrous as what some of us are seeing on Heisman. If you have issues with changing difficulty/sliders, speak now or hold your piece.

2. Board Activity - Things have started off slowly, and that's totally on me. I was out of town right after we started and then the schedule has featured mainly CPU games in the early weeks due to scheduling quirks with the 3 conferences we have. For that I apologize. However, in general the activity level in the forums has been pretty light in some instances, with a few exceptions. For us to get this back on track to being a top dynasty, we need discussion, we need debate, we need to get CRAZY! OK, maybe not crazy, but you get the idea. Please let me know if there are some things I can do as commish to foster more discussion, I'm definitely willing to do so (that's my job here after all). I would also love if some of you would volunteer to put together material for the dynasty going forward to foster more board activity. I just want to make sure that this thing doesn't fall apart due to lack of interest from the members.

Thanks everyone - please post that you've all read and are on board.

2. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

Slider change is fine with me. Hopefully the jump to AA eliminates the CPU robo QB problem that has plagued several of us. As for volunteering to help out with material, I'm willing to help with whatever. Power Rankings, BCS standings, Conference overviews, etc.

Just let me know what you'd like me to help out with.

3. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Agreed. Agreed. Agreed.

So when the sliders change should I switch back to Iowa State?!?! just joking

4. Dru50

Take your pick man, anything that you would find interesting to follow I'm sure others would as well. Any new content is good content.

5. astealthyhippo

I'll brainstorm ideas. But I'll have something I put out every week or every other week

6. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Sounds good to me.

As a busy worker bee, I don't have time to sit on my xbox 24/7 to see all the story lines in the dynasty. However, while at work, I do like to use some free time to check in here. Anything that can get posted from the dynasty to the web, I'll be sure to read and comment on to help with the debate and what not.

7. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Hippo, since most of us will be in the Top 25 most seasons, posting a Top 25 with a sentence beside the user teams is really effective for sparking up debate. Then others can weigh in accordingly.

8. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

Copy. I'm good with this. I know some teams post their scores on seperate team pages every week but if we consolidate them all to the weekly advance thread or something, that might generate more convo. Then it's all in the same spot and no jumping thread to thread. That's why i post all my scores in the weekly thread. Just an idea.

9. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

read and agree

10. astealthyhippo

That sounds good to me. You guys do something similar to this in Tradition right?

I will run with this starting either week 5 or 6.

11. Dru50

I agree, my preference is that at minimum, everyone post a brief summary of their game result in the weekly thread. If people want to also do a team log in the Game Summaries area, that's cool as well, I usually do so that it's easy for me to go back and find prior information on my stats.

12. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

read and acknowledged

13. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

Copy. We should have 1 place for all the weekly summaries rather then 12 seperate links.

14. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I will do my best, one of my daughters and my son both play on travel bball teams and we play some after season tourny's my schedule is a mess in the spring.

My daughter also plays premier soccer and has a tourney in the spring. My son plays on a select travel baseball team also...

In other words ill be around and stuff, but you may not hear alot from me when I dont have the time.

15. Dru50

Understood, not asking anybody to live their life on this board. Just pop in and say hi occassionally and let us know your alive.

16. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Roger 10-4

17. GoGators

You forgot "over and out"

18. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Read and agreed. Im kind of in the same boat as Bruce. My work schedule goes nuts in Feb thru April so I will post what I can when I can. Add to that another kid on the way in July so I will do my best to keep my head above water in my OD's.

19. GoGators

You guys accountants?

20. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

congrats recchem how many will this make? I got 3 munchkins myself all under the age of 7.

21. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

From 2p-630p M-F I have (14) 8 and 9 year olds.