All-Pro

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jeremy, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

All-Pro

From the 5+ games I have played post-patch, I strongly beleive we need to go back to All-Pro diffulculty. The reason we went to All-Madden was to help out the defense.

Well this patch has done that. Defense is now relevant and this game is now somewhat fun to play.

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I only played one game so far on all-pro and one game on all-madden (league game).

Okay, let me state that while I was originally against the AM move in the league. I thought it would be harmful to those people, like myself, who are not as good at Madden.

I am not ashamed to admit I was wrong.

The 1.02 patch made AM play a lot like all-pro as far as defensive glitches and the like. Yes, DTs made insane BSH skills look ordinary. And there were still issues. But it was bearable on AM. AP was TOO EASY. Point blank.

Now, again, I only played one game on AP today and one on AM post patch. And while I say this a lot, I never felt "in" the game versus Sav today. Everything that was working pre-patch was not post-patch. No change in playcalling on my part. The running game was more effective post patch but coverages, specifically linebackers in coverage, are MUCH better now. Man coverage, which was damn near impossible to beat before, is that much better on AM. I couldn't do anything pass wise until Sav softened up his coverage schemes in the fourth and I got pass happy.

It's hard to say, but I never felt like I was in the Raiders/Broncos game, even with the score being close.

Now, take the AP game I played. Texans vs. Lions. I was the Lions.

Yes, take that look off your face. I was the Lions.

I played Jeremy, and lost 24-17. My defense kept me in the game.

DETROIT'S DEFENSE KEPT ME IN THE GAME.

Shaun Hill was 4/17 for 43 yards and 3 picks. Best ran for 146 yards, but 87 of it was on one run. Houston's defense ate my lunch. And they should have - BECAUSE THEY ARE BETTER.

And I hate losing as much as anyone, as all of you know. I hate even more when I never feel like I'm in a game competing. THAT is when I get frustrated. Know what? Playing with inferior talent, with a horrible offense, I still felt like I could win late.

And that is all I want out of this game - to not feel like if I'm behind, there is no way I can outwit the other guy PLUS outplay his CPU defenders. As long as I feel like I can outplay his CPU defenders, I'm good, even if I make bonehead decisions that cost me the game. Then I got nobody to blame but myself.

This morning, I felt like the CPU was unbeatable, not Sav. This afternoon, I felt like I could win against the CPU AND Jeremy.

If we keep AM, fine. Don't expect much success out of me if you ever did. I hope that we consider changing to AP though seriously, cause I think a lot of us would have more fun.

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

I just got through one game on AM.....Jags vs Vikings:

In one half, Peterson ran for 168 yards.....Garrard had 200+ yards passing and 2 TDs.

31-10 at half.....

I am trying to play an All-Pro game but if that is any indication, I can't imagine the poor defense on All-Pro.

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Dude...

#1....you played me.....play someone your own skill level.....

#2....80 of that was on one carry, and 36 was on another carry. Other than that, nothing.

#3....After that first series, when I came back on offense, it's just like I said before....I didn't feel like I had a chance to beat the CPU defenders AND a player of Dunlap's caliber......

So there.

5. Big D

Big D Walk On

First, you only had 6 carries. 6 carries for 168 is a lot no matter how you slice it.

You have been talking (rightfully so) about your defense being one of the best in the OMFL. There's no way I should have been on pace to pass for 400+ and 4tds with Garrad....let alone put up 31 points at half.

They didn't say 'man coverage got better' in the patch. They said 'fixed man coverage. From the game I just played there was separation all over the field on All-Madden with my flankers. Not every play, no. But if I went through my reads, even against man there were flankers open running curls, slants, outs, drags. That rarely happened before the patch.

6. Big D

Big D Walk On

I want to correct myself as I was wrong. Officially EA says:

* Generally making pass defense more effective

They are pretty vague there, but I stand by my statement that from what I just saw man defense is if anything easier to pass against than it was before.

7. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I sense a Dunlap smash coming.........oh wait, it already did when he posted "fucking awful" about the kick meter haha

8. Big D

Big D Walk On

I'm just truly disappointed with this year's game. I thought there was hope. But now its like we are almost playing last year's version again. The only difference is the stupid dumb kick meter, and man coverage works as well as zone coverage did last year.

Big thumbs down. (n)

It's still fun to play against other users....and Im sure we'll have fun thoughout this run. But I think our expectations were a lot higher than what we got.

I'll reserve my final judgement on All-Pro until I can actually play a game on AP. But first impressions are we'd be silly to switch, especially mid stream. First impressions aren't always the right ones tho :)

9. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

how in the world can a game get worse after a patch? i think 99% of people will already have their mind made up before playing weather or not to go ap or stay at am. i think if you want to stay you will think the game is worse, if you want to move, you will think the game is better. 99% of this is in guys heads. I am not even going to try, i'll let you smart guys figure it out and tell me.

10. Big D

Big D Walk On

I just tried to let the stats speak for themselves in my game with Winuvas.

11. Jeremy

Need more input here but All-Pro is the way to go.

I have played 3 or four games online ranked AP where the scores were around 40-45 point combined. That was not happening pre-patch.

12. Emmdotfrisk

I played 4 ranked games, here were my scores...

Game 1
    Texans 17
    Ravens 23 OT

Game 2
    Texans 45
    Jets 43

Game 3
    Texans 27
    Bucs 0

Game 4
    Texans 31
    Saints 21

13. Big D

Big D Walk On

I'd love for anybody at all to play me in an all-pro game. Ive been trying since 11am this morning....

14. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I was hoping we were playing an all-pro game when we played. You wanted to play AM though first. lol

15. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

I dont know what exactally they fixed with the patch but they shure did "fix" the kickmeter. It just seems like they did not fix much and the injuries have still been really high in every game Ive played. Not sure how I feel about it yet.

16. natedawg212000

I think the best plan of action really is to finish the season out with what we have and that will give us several weeks of playing and truly seeing which is the best. last thing we need is a knee jerk reaction.

17. Jeremy

I played most of my games on AP yesterday. Today I am going to play AM and see how that goes.

18. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

I rather stick with the all-madden. Games have been in the 30's in ranked games in all-pro in 6 minute accelerated quarters. Which translates to 50+ in 8 minute non-accelerated quarters. But, I'm just one guy.

19. Emmdotfrisk

I agree with Nate. Let's see how the rest of the season goes and re-evaluate after OMFL Bowl 4.

20. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Although I'd love to beat the drum of all-pro here, I do agree with Nate and Frisk to keep AM going at least until the offseason.

At least that way I can almost assure myself a top 5 pick with a 3-13 record. :)

21. Jeremy

Just played one game unranked Am and the one thing I took from it was that zone defense is TIGHT. With Colts CBs I had 2 picks on the first two drives one for 6, running a simple cover 2 and another easy pick that was dropped.

22. Big D

Big D Walk On

If we wait until the offseason to switch, let's do some scientific testing of this.

Let us have our board members 'scrim' eachother every once in a while (at their own pace, whenever they feel like it). They can choose either All-Pro or All-Madden, and play games with rules just like the real OMFL. We create a table in a sticky thread here in the board room with results posted. . .one table for AP and one for AM.

Board members can just report their scores whenever they get a game in with another board member. This will allow us to track the result with some of the most 'sim' guys in this league. We can't base this decision off of lobby games played with 6 minute quarters and accel clock.

This would be my suggestion. Once we hit the offseason we can evaluate the results and make a much more informed decision. What do you guys think?

23. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Sounds like a quality idea, sir. Just have to make sure we try hard to get as close to equal amounts of games in at both difficulties.

24. natedawg212000

AM sucks donkey balls like it always used too. players, sucky player, react so fast that its almost unbearable to pass with my retard qb's.

25. Big D

Big D Walk On

I'll start a spreadsheet later...and keep in mind this isn't me bagging on or disrespecting anybody. Just trying to make an informed decision.

Game 1: (2qtrs) Jags 31-Vikes 10
    Game 2: (1 qtr): All Pro....Jags 21, Colts 10...Garrard 2 TDs 160 yds in 1 qtr