ALL READ - Disconnect Policy (until the patch comes out)

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Dru50, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Guys, since there have been several of you who have had significant disconnect issues in user games ( JFace907 , Corey Volting , Danthraxxx to name a few), we'll implement use the following policy until the patch is released to avoid any marathon 3-4 hour game sessions to get a user game in:

After the 1st disconnect, restart the game and attempt to play as though the prior result was in place. For example, if OSU is playing Michigan and there is a disconnect in Q2 when the score was 10-7 OSU, then you would restart the game and attempt to play 2+ quarters with the understanding that Michigan must be winning by the end by 4 points. Whoever is 'winning' at the end of the 'normal' game time finishes vs the CPU.

After the 2nd disconnect, you accept that the game will be simmed and don't waste 3+ hours attempting to get the game in.

You also have the option of doing a sim after the first disconnect if both parties agree in advance to do so (as Cheez and recchem2000 and I did in our last two games).

Until the patch is out I feel that this is the best approach to avoid wasting our lives trying to get games in that may not be possible.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dru50

BUMP

Since obviously this wasn't read by everyone.

To be clear - YOU SHOULD NOT REPLAY THE ENTIRE GAME IF YOU DISCONNECT! RESTART, PLAY AS MUCH TIME AS WAS LEFT IN THE PRIOR GAME ASSUMING THE SCORE WAS THE SAME. WHOEVER IS 'WINNING' AT THE END OF THAT TIME FINISHES VS THE CPU AS FAST AS POSSIBLE.

IF YOU DISCONNECT MORE THAN ONCE, THE GAME GETS SIMMED.

3. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

How do you finish vs CPU? If the losing guy quits does the winning guy get to stay in the game?

4. Dru50

Yes, or alternatively the 2 guys can agree to chew clock and not score more points to end the game. Whatever works. Just don't try to replay the entire game 2-3 times.

5. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

Sounds good to me, just didn't know quits worked like that.

6. Dru50

Normally when one guy quits or is disconnected from the net, the other person gets the option to continue vs the CPU. That's why we can tell this disconnect issue is a bug and not a net connection problem, since it boots both people completely out of the game.

7. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Danthraxxx - thanks for reading this before our game, prick! ;)

8. Dru50

No excuses - you can't read either.

9. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

that's kind of the underlying punch line of my comment.

10. Dru50

I'm still at work - subtlety is lost on me.

11. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Reading what ?

12. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

It's alright I knew you felt guilty when you didn't post a summary for a game you won with a 99 yard kick return as time expired.